• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Apocrypha Novels' TV Anime Announced With Trailer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:31 pm Reply with quote
ETX wrote:
Always wanted to get into fate but I've been put off with all the branched series and what order to watch them.

Maybe another time I guess.

While Apocrypha does rely a bit on previous knowledge of other iterations, it's not completely necessary. If I had to say, watch/read Fate/stay night and Fate/Zero before this and you're good to go.
atikabubu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:39 pm Reply with quote
>not ufotable
>actually is A-1
It just went from YAY to meh...
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:40 pm Reply with quote
I was hyped when I clicked the title for this on the main page, but seeing that A-1 is animating it has deflated quite a bit of that hype. You can't go Ufotable and Shaft and then downgrade so far to A-1.
Revan32

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:43 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
Thought so. He really does have a great villain voice, imo, so it's a nice fit.

Really? I thought he was a terrible villain in both One-punch man and My Hero Academia, and a highly annoying MC in Gundam Unicorn.
He's fine in comedies, as wuss harem leads, but that's about all he can handle.
synaia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:45 pm Reply with quote
What did people epxect? it's Aniplex of course it's going to be A-1 Pictures 90% guaranteed. they own the studio lol.
A-1 also does the fgo cm's and those look good. (minus ufotable knk event cm). People should look more at the staff members and not at the animation studio.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I find him awful as a wuss harem lead, so I guess we just have very different opinions about his voice Razz
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:47 pm Reply with quote
You've gotta wonder what'll be next Fate/strange fake, Fate/Labyrinth or maybe a full version of Fate/Prototype????
Though honestly I wish that they'd make Tsukihime and Mahou Tsukai no Yoru animes, though that job will most likely be left to ufotable after they finish the main Fate series, assuming they'll also make a hollow atraxia anime, they'll propably will be handle the rest of Nasuverse around 2020 :/
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:57 pm Reply with quote
SpaceTheGamer wrote:
You've gotta wonder what'll be next Fate/strange fake, Fate/Labyrinth or maybe a full version of Fate/Prototype????
Though honestly I wish that they'd make Tsukihime and Mahou Tsukai no Yoru animes, though that job will most likely be left to ufotable after they finish the main Fate series, assuming they'll also make a hollow atraxia anime, they'll propably will be handle the rest of Nasuverse around 2020 :/

We probably won't see a Mahoyo anime for a long time. what with only part 1 being out.
louis6578

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:59 pm Reply with quote
atikabubu wrote:
>not ufotable
>actually is A-1

Well, hey, would you rather Ufotable divide their attention between two Fate series, or focus all their efforts on making Heaven's Feel as epic as possible?
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:03 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
atikabubu wrote:
>not ufotable
>actually is A-1

Well, hey, would you rather Ufotable divide their attention between two Fate series, or focus all their efforts on making Heaven's Feel as epic as possible?

-yeah. Look at how UBW and God Eater turned out.
synaia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:25 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
atikabubu wrote:
>not ufotable
>actually is A-1

Doesn't make sense as Ufotable is working on Zestiria X s2 and Touken Ranbu anime for 2017 together with the HF movie(s) also set for 2017.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Can't understand the people criticizing A1-Pictures. Is because is a Aniplex studio?
They have pretty good animation. SAO, Gate, Idolmaster are pretty good.

And is not as Ufotable didn't have issues in their Fates.

And if Silver Link can do a good job in Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya, A1 also can do a good job in Fate/Apocrypha.

From what i look at Fate/Extra will be the weakest, but that is because of the style of animation Shaft usually do, well maybe they can surprise me as they have done with Madoka Magica.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:59 pm Reply with quote
YES more Fate is coming soon and I for one can't wait. Very Happy
Revan32

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Jonny Mendes wrote:
Can't understand the people criticizing A1-Pictures. Is because is a Aniplex studio?

GATE had terrible art style, weak animation and cheap looking split screens. Also a director who had never done any action series, just SoL comedies, and it showed.

A-1 better not screw this over by not funding the project properly, like they usually do. The director is not very promising here either.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Revan32 wrote:
Jonny Mendes wrote:

GATE had terrible art style, weak animation and cheap looking split screens. Also a director who had never done any action series, just Soul Eater (, and it showed.

A-1 better not screw this over by not funding the project properly, like they usually do. The director is not very promising here either.

The art style from Gate was is line with the manga and the weapons where pretty well design. About the funding, much of it comes from outside A-1 so that not depend of the studio. They are only the part doing the animation. All depends how much money Type Moon and the others producers are putting on the project.

About the director, i don't think Basilisk, Blast of Tempest, Bungo Stray Dogs, Fairy Tail are exactly SoL comedies. Yoshiyuki Asai direct episodes of those anime.

Last edited by Jonny Mendes on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5