• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A Centaur's Life Anime Reveals Visuals, More Staff

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Relairknight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:58 pm Reply with quote
The manga is cute and sweet usually, but sometimes the art creeps me out. Like baby-headed puppies and the snake girls and weird shit that is just disturbing. I dunno. I hope they leave out some of the weirder stuff and make it more slice of life cutesy-monster girl type stuff!
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I can't imagine how hard it would be for centaurs to dress up...

That's a subject that's also addressed in the manga. I'd say the manga answers most of the obvious centaur questions so I presume those answers will also be featured in the anime.

Relairknight wrote:
The manga is cute and sweet usually, but sometimes the art creeps me out. Like baby-headed puppies and the snake girls and weird shit that is just disturbing.

The baby-headed puppy story was just a one-shot by the same author included in the second volume as a bonus but I doubt it'll appear in the anime as it wasn't set in the same universe as the main story.

The snake people are pretty important to the manga, so I'm sure they'll show up, probably about halfway through the season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Probably the only monster girls show that I have high hopes for. I will certainly be watching.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:24 pm Reply with quote
HOLY DIPS!!!! They're going to do this???? WOW???? I never would have expected them to actually adapt this because of the complexities of drawing horses. I read the manga a lot and often thought it would make a cute anime. But I also felt they wouldn't do it because it might not be popular to get an anime. I'm so glad that this happened.

Now my two favorite mangas from Seven Seas got an anime, "Monster Musume" and now "A Centaur's Life".

Can't wait to watch now that I have a sub to CR.
Gamlin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:45 am Reply with quote
This being animated BY A CHINESE studio is gonna spell trouble, or worse holocaust. Japan's gonna end up sue the studio with Torches and Pitchforks because they were adapt lame second hand manwhas into anime.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:01 am Reply with quote
Gamlin wrote:
This being animated BY A CHINESE studio is gonna spell trouble, or worse holocaust. Japan's gonna end up sue the studio with Torches and Pitchforks because they were adapt lame second hand manwhas into anime.

Is Emon Animation really a Chinese studio? Confused Their two Twitter accounts are both Japanese.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2