• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Land of the Lustrous for Anime Strike Stream

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:20 pm Reply with quote
mgosdin wrote:
Another one that goes on the physical release wait list.

Mark Gosdin

Pretty much agree with you here. At this point, I'm now just going to have to accept Amazon into anime at this point, so that I don't get frustrated anymore when they grab a series I'm interested in viewing (Like this one). Fansubs, then buy the home video release every time this happens now for me, and I reckon more people would do the same for the series that they like, but don't like Amazon.
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Joshua Zarate wrote:
mgosdin wrote:

Mark Gosdin

Pretty much agree with you here. At this point, I'm now just going to have to accept Amazon into anime at this point, so that I don't get frustrated anymore when they grab a series I'm interested in viewing (Like this one). Fansubs, then buy the home video release every time this happens now for me, and I reckon more people would do the same for the series that they like, but don't like Amazon.

The problem with many anime fan subs nowadays (at least ones that release right after a simulcast) is that they are directly ripped from the website that is simulcasting the show. Sometimes, all they do is to edit the official subs (like Commie on many of its shows). It's more controversial than it used to be unfortunately.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Good thing this one looked pretty bad so I already had no interest.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
AS probably also took Kekkai Sensen away

I HOPE NOT. This title SHOULD remain with Funimation. I can tolerate Anime Strike, but I don't want to see it f.uck up the anime industry.
fantaselion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Good thing this one looked pretty bad so I already had no interest.

Then why are you here?
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:40 pm Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
This looks so good, Crunchyroll may have a lot of the high profile shows, but with this and Inuyashiki, Strike might have better shows. The only reason I slightly prefer Crunchyroll, is that I like it's subtitles better. Better Strike than Netflix.

Both Crunchyroll and Amazon are getting great shows this season, in my opinion. Whatever shows are "better" is simply a matter of differing opinions, which isn't something worth getting into a heated discussion over, people should just enjoy whatever shows grab their fancy.
Araragifeels

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
I am starting to wonder if Sentai is licencing 10 or more Fall shows. They have already announced three shows, and none of them are for the sequels of series they have licenses for: Food Wars, Umaru-chan, WUG, Classicaloid and Houzuki.

How can I hate on their partnership with Amazon when it again allows Sentai to once again licence more than 5 shows per season.

They won't have S3 of Food Wars unless CR(which have the master license) also give the rights to Sentai, like the way they did with Haikyuu S3.

I'm no physical media fan, but it is true that Amazon saved Sentai from a sure death caused by CR and Funi.

They'll get Umaru, Houzuki, Classicaloid for sure,Code:Realize maybe, Konohana Kitan, Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara and probably Two Car as well. Maybe they'll get Just Because, but Amazon might want that one for themselves and AS probably also took Kekkai Sensen away like they did with Bahamut and might as well add the new Garo in as well.

These are just my predictions though, no need to jump to any conclusions. We'll find out in a day or two anyway.

Sentai was already putting anime shows exclusively on Hulu or other services before Crunchyroll/Funimation collaboration so the deal between Crunchyroll and Sentai was a matter of time before breaking apart and so Sentai was the one who started their own death so can't blame CR/Funi since they United to fight against Hulu, Amazon, and Netflix.
Morry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Take the cg show, Amazon. Just stay away from Bx4.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:16 pm Reply with quote
For whatever reason, I thought this was going to Netflix, so at least this means I can see it while it is airing. I'll take that.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:47 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
For whatever reason, I thought this was going to Netflix, so at least this means I can see it while it is airing. I'll take that.

It does seem like a show Netflix would go for.
A full CGI adaptation of a seinen manga published by Kodansha.
I agree, at least I can watch it legally simulcasted.
Peebs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy. AS is so not on my radar until things like this happen. Then no amount of bitter complaining will get me what I want to watch. A physical release is not feasible for a title like this one which I only want to watch and discard. I'm not interested in buying unseen.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:40 pm Reply with quote
mgosdin wrote:

Mark Gosdin

Yeah, looking forward to seeing how this turns out so if it sounds like it ended up good I'll likely pick it up on disc to watch it.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:08 am Reply with quote
mgosdin wrote:

Mark Gosdin

If you buy like 5 standard edition Blu-Rays, that is around the price of a year of Strike. Financially, it is cheaper to get Strike.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:43 am Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
Chrono1000 wrote:
What bothers me is the combination of the premium price and the 0% dub rate for Anime Strike simulcasts.

Sentai doesn't simuldub, some of them will get dubs, like Sword Oratoria, and Made in Abyss.
The issue is that either due to Amazon contract terms or reduced visibility from getting released on Amazon a dub might not happen for the shows they simulcast. In the long term this will only get worse as home video sales decrease. I have a subscription to Anime Strike but since I prefer dubs I still hate it every time Amazon gets a show that I want to watch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2