• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Release Violet Evergarden TV Anime on Home Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:51 am Reply with quote
I wasn’t expecting this sudden news. I hope this could lead to other Netflix titles getting home video releases like BNA and Beastars. I wonder how Funimation worked it out to get Violet Evergarden?
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:06 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I wasn’t expecting this sudden news. I hope this could lead to other Netflix titles getting home video releases like BNA and Beastars. I wonder how Funimation worked it out to get Violet Evergarden?

Maybe Aniplex helped them out?
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:27 am Reply with quote
Little Witch Academia would be great as it is one of their best exclusives. The 2 movies releases are finite and were released before the dub(I honestly do not like the dub, but understand that some do) and the TV series has never been released(to my knowledge) on Blu-Ray outside of Japan. Another one would b Devilman Crybaby and Cyborg 009 vs Devilman.
Never_Know_Best

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:57 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Little Witch Academia would be great as it is one of their best exclusives. The 2 movies releases are finite and were released before the dub(I honestly do not like the dub, but understand that some do) and the TV series has never been released(to my knowledge) on Blu-Ray outside of Japan. Another one would b Devilman Crybaby and Cyborg 009 vs Devilman.

Yeah, Devilman Crybaby has been an odd omission. I expected Aniplex to be as tone deaf as always about a release, but it’s been almost three years now and we have.. nothing.
toprak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
This is one title I definitely always wanted a copy of, but never thought I'd get it. This will definitely get purchased for the collection.

Yes! same as you Embarassed
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:13 pm Reply with quote
As other people said earlier, it's cool to see a Netflix branded anime on home video, I hope this means that other series follow suit. My only complaint is that it's only available in Japanese and English, I wish they included other langauges as well, especially since Funimation included the Neutral-Spanish track for the Seven Deadly Sins home video release, though perhaps there are some rights issues involved.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Sweet.

Now Funimation, please announce the home video rights to Psycho-Pass 3, Psycho-Pass Sinners of the System trilogy and Psycho-Pass First Inspector Anime cry. Please? I need to complete my collection!
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:11 am Reply with quote
Very nice to see. It'd be great to see other Netflix shows get disc release too.
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:41 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Great! While I am not a mega fan of this show, but I will be sure to buy the standard release.

Honestly, same here. I like the show enough to support it, but not enough to shell out for the LE. I definitely want to see more Netflix anime get home releases if possible!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2