• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sci-Fi Adventure Anime Eden Unveils New Trailer, More Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 9:22 am Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
bravesirz wrote:
At least, when Sentai or whoever goes to release this on physical media in 5 years, it’ll make since why they can’t afford to use Netflix’s English dub.

Minor nitpick, but Hero Mask and Baki were released around 2-3 years ago to get redubbed but yeah, that could happen unless the home video licensor has enough money to afford it.

Since the series is dubbed at NYAV Post I could see either Funimation or GKIDS to license EDEN over Sentai Filmworks given that the vast majority of the anime titles they licensed were dubbed at NYAV Post. On top of that, Funimation this year just recently licensed Cannon Busters just 2 years following it's release on Netflix.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 9:52 am Reply with quote
bravesirz wrote:
At least, when Sentai or whoever goes to release this on physical media in 5 years, it’ll make since why they can’t afford to use Netflix’s English dub.

Yeah, I could see that. Not only would this be a union recording, but I could pretty easily believe that particular members of the cast wouldn't sign on for the minimum union rate.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 10:54 am Reply with quote
DisneyXAnimefan95 wrote:
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
bravesirz wrote:

Minor nitpick, but Hero Mask and Baki were released around 2-3 years ago to get redubbed but yeah, that could happen unless the home video licensor has enough money to afford it.

Since the series is dubbed at NYAV Post I could see either Funimation or GKIDS to license EDEN over Sentai Filmworks given that the vast majority of the anime titles they licensed were dubbed at NYAV Post. On top of that, Funimation this year just recently licensed Cannon Busters just 2 years following it's release on Netflix.

Yeah, hence why FUNimation and GKIDS may be likely to retain the dubs if they get the license.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 10:21 pm Reply with quote
The concept isn't bad its just the cheaply stiff animation ruins it to some degree so obviously people will have to look past that hopefully the story, direction and dub will make up for the poor visuals. Its about damn time Stephanie Sheh cast J.P. Karliak in a NYAV Post dubbing project now if only Sheh could cast Jason J. Lewis and Piotr Michael into a NYAV Post dub project!

Last edited by iamthevastuniverse on Fri May 14, 2021 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 1:11 am Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
The concept isn't bad its just the cheaply stiff animation ruins it to some degree so obviously people will have to look past that hopefully the story, direction and dub make will make up for the poor visuals. Its about damn time Stephanie Sheh cast J.P. Karliak in a NYAV Post dubbing project now if only Sheh could cast Jason J. Lewis and Piotr Michael into a NYAV Post dub project!

If the budget is good enough, then they probably could.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 4:38 am Reply with quote
Probably the only time anime VAs get to play with Doogie Howser and Wonder Woman Shocked
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:04 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Probably the only time anime VAs get to play with Doogie Howser and Wonder Woman Shocked

And the 10th Doctor (David Tennant). Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2