• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Winter 2023 Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garfield15

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:27 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
garfield15 wrote:
Whoa, nobody's covering Nier? Episode 2 was amazing.
James covering it, so nay.

Yeah I see that now. There wasn't a listing when I posted that.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:35 am Reply with quote
Unfortunate that we won't see anymore of TYE and UY, a good amount of new shows I'm watching got in though
bassgs435

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:05 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Damn, I guess Ayakashi Triangle didn't have enough sex slavery for the masses to score them votes.

So much for Ningen Fushin too. I'm surprised that one didn't make it.
The difference with other ecchi shows like Isekai Harem is AyaTri is censored EVERYWHERE. There's no uncensored release until the BDs come out in Japan. And for an story like this, people'd rather wait or read the manga. Other shows, people could pirate uncensored even if reviewers are forced to watich the censored legal release
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:12 pm Reply with quote
ANN_Lynzee wrote:

Unfortunately, the new season didn't get enough votes but she will finish out Delicious.

Will she still do mid-season reviews of the new Precure? I always enjoy her Precure reviews.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:14 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
ab2143 wrote:
I’m surprised campfire cooking made it
Yeah, I'm honestly surprised too that Campfire Cooking and Handyman Saitou made it through the cut, but it's gonna be a fun ride.

Both shows had Community Scores of 4+, and new shows in that rating range almost always get voted in. . .

. . .But there was an exception to that this season. Reborn to Master the Blade had a 4.1 CS (and a critic average of over 3) and didn't make the cut. Can't remember the last time that a new show scoring that well missed. Kubo Wont Let Me Be Invisible and The Angel Next Door are two other titles this season with CS scores that are usually near-automatic (3.8) but didn't make it, either.

Going the other way, the lowest-rated series which did make it is Spy Classroom. At a 3.3, it had the third-lowest Community Score of any Preview Guide title (ahead of only The Fruit of Evolution and Technoroid Overmind), well lower than several titles which didn't make it.

Speaking for my own interests, I am not surprised but quite disappointed that The Tale of Outcasts didn't make the cut. I am both a little surprised and very disappointed that Ningen Fushin didn't make the cut, either, as the second episode in particular shows strong potential for review-worthy content.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:15 pm Reply with quote
I think this is the first time that everything I voted for (and some I was kinda interested in but didn't vote for) got in, except for one series and To Your Eternity. I'm not sure if I should be pleased or worried... Smile
MyMasterMatthew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:24 pm Reply with quote
I hope this doesn't come across as a rude or pointed question, but I've been wondering for a while... why do certain folks review more / fewer shows than others?  I'm not familiar with everyone's job titles, despite following the site for a decade plus, so perhaps that has something to do with the number of show reviews per person?
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
ANN_Lynzee wrote:

Unfortunately, the new season didn't get enough votes but she will finish out Delicious.

Will she still do mid-season reviews of the new Precure? I always enjoy her Precure reviews.

Absolutely. I'm disappointed I won't get to do weeklies for it, but I will most definitely be watching. I'm glad you enjoy reading the reviews, because I love writing them!
kgw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Too much generic isekai, too little Kubo, in my not-so-humble opinion. At least Kaina and Fire Hunter did reach, though.

Last edited by kgw on Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:37 pm Reply with quote
MyMasterMatthew wrote:
I hope this doesn't come across as a rude or pointed question, but I've been wondering for a while... why do certain folks review more / fewer shows than others?  I'm not familiar with everyone's job titles, despite following the site for a decade plus, so perhaps that has something to do with the number of show reviews per person?

It's just a matter of how many shows each individual feels comfortable taking on in addition to any other responsibilities they have. Pretty much every reviewer for the site has a day job they have to balance with the assignments, not to mention any other reviews or editorial work they do for the site, so when it comes time for DSR assignments we say up front how many shows we can cover.

There's also the matter of how many shows make the cut for being covered, which varies from season to season, which determines how many titles there are to divvy up.
me_barron

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Yeesh! Feel bad for Kim. Can't believe folk want ONIMAI reviewed.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:56 pm Reply with quote
bassgs435 wrote:
The difference with other ecchi shows like Isekai Harem is AyaTri is censored EVERYWHERE. There's no uncensored release until the BDs come out in Japan. And for an story like this, people'd rather wait or read the manga. Other shows, people could pirate uncensored even if reviewers are forced to watich the censored legal release
Makes sense; no point in voting for something you won't watch. Still a shame though; it's a lot easier to review than some of the other horny shows I've voted for.
me_barron wrote:
I'm sure they're sobbing into their body pillow over it.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:12 pm Reply with quote
me_barron wrote:

Kim posted in the preview thread about how much she liked the show
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:22 pm Reply with quote
“…Well, looks like Onimai made the cut. Hey Kim, you got time this season for—”
“Yes, ma’am!”

Also Rebecca gets the most series to review (if we count the last bit of Precure), because of course.

Honestly surprised Angel Next Door didn’t qualify, given how popular the source material is. Going by number of MAL members, it was the most anticipated of this season’s crop of new Narou adaptations, and I think it’s still the highest-ranked of them on their seasonal chart. The Kubo and AyaTri manga aren’t slouches either, but as noted AyaTri’s censorship is a thing.

(Guess the common thread with Kubo and AND is “slow-burning fluffy het romance that plays well on Reddit in quick-digestible readable form needs something more to compete for anime review slots”.)

Last edited by Shay Guy on Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
moony_badger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Aw, disappointed we won't be getting weeklies for the new Precure, the new series looks super fun Sad I wonder if the title made people miss it, I swear it took me two tries and control+f to try and find it in the survey, and I was actively trying to vote for it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6