• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Zordon Actor David J. Fielding Made Less Than $1000 on Power Rangers

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flamemasterelan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:34 am Reply with quote
-Matthew- wrote:
Yes, that times actors were MUCH MORE sincere and honest comparing modern time.

What are you even talking about?
I'm just hoping from the poor construction of your statement that you aren't trying to criticize the workers who literally just went on strike in solidarity with the writer's guild. Especially since you provided no argument, and are saying that the actors who were exploited by Haim Saban were "more honest and sincere".
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:50 pm Reply with quote
That's rough. I hope things are at least marginally better for those involved with the production now.
Warshire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Saban is famous for his level of cheapness and this is just one of many.
David yost, billy was slated to be the gold ranger in zeo, and was paid to stick around. But as more openness about his homosexual nature came out, Saban did everything to have him fired and even brought back Austin st John, who was fired for demanding a raise, to be the gold ranger instead, and paid his demanded salary. And during the big anniversary, super mega force, the late jdf let it be known that characters had to;
Pay for their own plane rides to new Zealand, pay for their own food and hotel, and even after all that. Only the top 5 of his choice. Got talking parts in the episodes.

Saban is and always has been a crook.
Stan Lee, the man the one and only, actually came up with the power rangers vision. Saban just did it
kgw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:56 am Reply with quote
I wonder how much money Saban paid to the original Japanese actors. You know, the ones who really did the action scenes.
seoulman1985

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Best Toei not get any ideas, or the tokusatsu well is made even more of a mess.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:53 am Reply with quote
I've watched some videos about the production for early Power Rangers, and it was surprising to hear about actors leaving after the first season due to failed contract negotiations because I thought they had been there for more than one season. It turns out, that first season of filming had an absurd number of episodes that would have amounted to multiple seasons of a regular production. Even if they left, Saban had lots of lead time to find replacements.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2