• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Production I.G to Produce New Kinnikuman Anime in 2024

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Production IG makes this pretty hype!
freebird1994

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Look i'm sorry to all the purists out there, but if this series OP is not a remade and updated version of the absolute BOP that was the 4kids OP, I cannot watch this. I just can't watch it without singing along with the OP of ULTIMATE MUSCLE!!
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:08 pm Reply with quote
freebird1994 wrote:
Look i'm sorry to all the purists out there, but if this series OP is not a remade and updated version of the absolute BOP that was the 4kids OP, I cannot watch this. I just can't watch it without singing along with the OP of ULTIMATE MUSCLE!!

Unfortunately, you're thinking of the wrong series (to some extent).

Ultimate Muscle is the localized name for Kinnikuman II-Sei, the next-gen sequel to the original Kinnikuman. This new anime is adapting from the revived continuation of the original Kinnikuman, so there won't be anything from Ultimate Muscle to be seen in this new anime, simply because none of the characters from that sequel have even been born yet, in-universe.

(Yes, I do know that 4Kids had, at one point, originally planned on localizing the OG anime as "Kinnikuman: The Ultimate Muscle", but that never happened, so let's not be pedantic)

That being said, though, with Yasunaru Takanashi composing the score for this new anime, I'd say to fully expect a good amount of rock songs.
BluesPro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:12 pm Reply with quote
freebird1994 wrote:

Maybe one day people obsessed with terrible and outdated 4Kids productions will learn literally anything about the series they supposedly like.

But thankfully Yudetamago have mostly kept the reboot far away from Nisei, by making something actually good and that doesn't present its old heroes as a bunch of losers and alcoholics.
mrsatan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:55 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
So, is Brocken, Jr. still a problem in bringing over the show?

I don't know. What I do know is as far back as 1991's Kinnikuman: Kinnikusei Ōi Sōdatsu-hen, he's been somewhat de-Nazified. His swastikas are replaced with eagles. The new manga chapters don't draw the swastikas at all, and in the reprints of the old manga, the swastikas have been erased.
SrkSano

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:29 pm Reply with quote
sjk9000 wrote:

Not that Perfect Origin is a bad arc; far from it. But most of its power comes from callbacks and pay-offs, so I don't think it'll do a good job of drawing in new fans or properly introducing Suguru's story to Westerners who only know Ultimate Muscle.

Hopefully I'm just being pessimistic, but we'll see.

I agree, but it depends. I think the two Baki anime on Netflix always did a good job with telling you everything you needed to know about the past to enjoy the present. Hopefully good narration will solve the issue.
Meexa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Dang his muscles look good . . . Ultimate Muscle boys love spin off when?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2