• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: J-Novel Club Licenses Chivalry of a Failed Knight, Management of Novice Alchemist, 13 Other Ti

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob J.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Yes! Awesome to see Chivalry of a Failed Knight rescued by a company that will treat it well.

FilthyCasual wrote:
Great to see Rakudai. Is it physical or digital?

JNovel generally releases digitally and gives the popular/ bigger sellers physical releases. At least that's now it seems to me.

Seems like there's enough pent-up demand for Chivalry that releasing it day and date in both print and digital editions would be a no-brainer for a small company like JNovel, isn't there?
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Rob J. wrote:
Seems like there's enough pent-up demand for Chivalry that releasing it day and date in both print and digital editions would be a no-brainer for a small company like JNovel, isn't there?

With the acquisition by Kadokawa some time ago, seems the titles at that time in print will still be handled by j-novel, any physical releases after that will be handled by way of sub-licenses to like Seven Seas, or perhaps Kadokawa themselves.
..or at least as far as I understood the forum threads on j-novel forum.
Kamijou Touma

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:37 pm Reply with quote
I will definitely buy a print version.

I am glad if they do not print it themselves. My isekai wa Smartphone books are falling apart.
Rob J.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Rob J. wrote:

With the acquisition by Kadokawa some time ago, seems the titles at that time in print will still be handled by j-novel, any physical releases after that will be handled by way of sub-licenses to like Seven Seas, or perhaps Kadokawa themselves.
..or at least as far as I understood the forum threads on j-novel forum.

I think we're at the point in the lack of specificity from this report from the Con that JNovel and/or Kadokawa need to state when the print edition of Chivalry is coming. Call me paranoid, but I fear that the print edition could still be tied up with the remnants of Sol Press and they're sneaking the digital edition in through some sort of contractual loophole. Without clarity on this, I could see print buyers being shy about buying the digital edition so that they won't have to have bought two or three editions across print and digital just to get the whole thing. A concrete statement about when the print edition will be released will be the best way for readers to plan their (our) purchases in advance. And I'd rather have the print edition.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2