• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Witch Hunter Robin coming to Cartoon Network

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
(I haven't cared to check, but how DID they get around that with Yuu Yuu Hakusho?).

Dragonball Z. Both shows are fighting-based and have spirit worlds.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm happy I'm gonna get a chance to see what it's all about. My finances haven't been letting me go out and purchase the anime titles I really want to see.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Samurai CDZ wrote:
Nagisa wrote:
(I haven't cared to check, but how DID they get around that with Yuu Yuu Hakusho?).

Dragonball Z. Both shows are fighting-based and have spirit worlds.

But with DBZ, they made script changes, so that the afterlife was called an "alternate dimension." It's a bit trickier to hide it in Hakusho.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
starfyre

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Dear God please let it be on Adult Swim
Kholdstare

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:32 pm Reply with quote
This is amazing news. This is a rumor that has been going around for some time and I was suggesting them to get it on the Adult Swim boards. I am so happy. I really like the series and this way I can see new episodes even before the dvd's come out.
arxane

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
But with DBZ, they made script changes, so that the afterlife was called an "alternate dimension." It's a bit trickier to hide it in Hakusho.

Luckily, by the time "Yu Yu Hakusho" got onto Toonami, Toonami had gotten rid of that silly rule that forbid them using words like "kill" and "die". And while the show does deal with the supernatural, apparently they're allowed to mention a Spirit World, just so long as they don't distinguish between Heaven and Hell or something like that.
wizard55

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:40 pm Reply with quote
i am going nuts!!!! I love this show and cant wait for it to air!!!!! I really hope its on Adult Swim also and will be more then a bit mad if it goes on Toonami or Saturdays.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:21 pm Reply with quote
GoldenBeck0! wrote:
Saturday doesn't seem viable. Most of shows on there are hyper-active and kiddy by nature (don't mention Kenshin and YYH.) I'm most certainly seeing an Adult Swim premiere for it. Hopefully this means we won't be watching Reign for too long...

yeah .//HACKSIGN is quite the hyperactive romp

there's no way this would be on toonami anyway, it's too deep and complicated for kids to understand, especially when spoiler[Robin finds out her own agency's out to get her, and the whole conspiracy starts to unravel]
Mou Kaoru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Adult Swim please! Surprised
I saw this show awhile back and is definately one I recommend. I don't think CN would ever put this show on Toonami because of it's mood. I'll be looking out for this when it comes on...
I'd like to hear the dub. Cool
Danniable

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:38 pm Reply with quote
What kind of a show is WHR all I have heard are good things 'bout it(I came this---close to buying the dvd but the Jubei-chan Ninja girl boxset won).Is it real moody and dark with a real good story or what?
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:43 pm Reply with quote
There is a plot summary, links, and a review of disc 1 in the encyclopedia.

anime#913
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Great. Just when I'm . . . Confused moving away. CN is very evil. They did the same thing with Big O the last time I . . . moved.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Pendragon2879

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:57 pm Reply with quote
I am glad that WHR will now be on television. I think that it will be aired on Adult Swim, I watch that more than Toonami anyways. Besides, the cards on adult swim are always funny. I haven't seen any other block of shows do that for a while. O yeah, hello, I am new to the boards. I think I will like this site, I just hope that it is more organized than adult swim's message boards.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to the board Pendragon.

I think think it'll be intresting to see how WHR does on Adult Swim/CN. It's a slow paced anime, with no where near as much action as the other shows. If it pulls off well, we could probably see it be the door opener for other anime with the same pace, and serious stuff, shows like Wolf's Rain, Last Exile, and heck, even Utena. Though the day Utena broadcasts on TV will be a day I will go to the nutter house from giggling uncontrollably.
king_micah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Robin gets very dark and deals from the start with the occult. Their are serious issues and problems that may still have editing issues, but I think it will be much less edited than say, Blue Gender. Considering some late plot points, like Orbo Smile , and the nature of the child, I doubt the edits will be problem considering InuYasha dealing with the occult.
As for the feel of the show? X-files with magic and a boss who looks like Hitler.
The pace would not do well on anything but Adult Swim.
And I dredge the conversations that will come up at the end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5