• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: UK's AnimeCentral Channel Launches on Sky Digital

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angel_lover

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:16 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Your not stuck on anything mate. You can subscribe to Sky and ditch Virgin anytime.

That depends. Like you said, if you're living with parents it could be a problem, but it's even more difficult if you're in rented accomodation, or a flat that's facing the wrong direction. My son was stuck with Virgin in his London bedsit, there was no way the landlord would have installed a Sky distribution system or let people have their own dishes.
mas0475

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:04 am Reply with quote
This is some of the best news I've read in a while. I'm here in the UK for about 1 more year and don't have Sky. I was going to get SlingboxPro and stream the suff from the US back here since there really is very little anime on TV. With this, I may just scrap the Slingbox, break down and get Sky+
T0FFe3m@n

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
T0FFe3m@n wrote:
I find it highly annoying that all of this fresh anime stuff is popping up on Sky TV whilst im stuck with Virgin Media.. Confused
Your not stuck on anything mate. You can subscribe to Sky and ditch Virgin anytime. However if you're still living with your parents, remember pester power works. Wink

The real issue I have is with Sky itself. As a corporation I personally think they're a disgrace, and I won't be handing over rediculous amounts of my money over to them any time soon.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:33 am Reply with quote
T0FFe3m@n wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
T0FFe3m@n wrote:
I find it highly annoying that all of this fresh anime stuff is popping up on Sky TV whilst im stuck with Virgin Media.. Confused
Your not stuck on anything mate. You can subscribe to Sky and ditch Virgin anytime. However if you're still living with your parents, remember pester power works. Wink

The real issue I have is with Sky itself. As a corporation I personally think they're a disgrace, and I won't be handing over rediculous amounts of my money over to them any time soon.
That is your decision. but only your decision. You don't have to give Murdoch your money for very long and certainly not as much as what you now give to Bransen for his greatly restrictive service, and he's just as much a disgrace, but hey, you pays your money, you takes your choice.
robovski

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:33 pm Reply with quote
darcerin wrote:
*would kill to see Transformers: The Headmasters over the U.S.* Ah well, knowing it'll never happen, I have fansubs.

I'm both suffering through Headmasters and enjoying it. It was great to see Soundwave and Blaster fight today (very brutal) - but the dub was miserable. I'm glad to have the chance to see the show but sometimes I'm laughing enough to have to back up and watch it again things are just so bad script-wise.

I would prefer to see this subbed.
gokuromario

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:22 am Reply with quote
I'm grateful that they've finally decided to start showing anime on telivision again, i was getting so sick of six kinds of pokemon (not that i watch it of course)

but i'm a little concerned, i mean only 6 shows per day, at 9.00pm and half of which i've already seen, not to mention that there dubbed, that just plain sucks.

They could totally put this channel on for longer there are a lot of animes out there for kids to see too, like Hamtaro, PPGZ and Digimon Savers, and i wouldnt mind seeing an old episode of Dragon Ball Z or Shin Chan.

BTW Robotboy is not an anime, it just has japanese characters
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:12 pm Reply with quote
If only I could see Digimon adventure ep 21 in the original language with english subs. I would also love if they showed OLWES episodes of Cardcaptor Sakura.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
T0FFe3m@n wrote:

I am. I work for them.
That, and one of the reason we had cable installed in the first place is that my father would never agree to getting a satellite dish fitted.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:

I am. I work for them.
That, and one of the reason we had cable installed in the first place is that my father would never agree to getting a satellite dish fitted.
Mate, you have my sympathy. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2