• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blade of the Immortal (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:10 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Yes, please do. Is made of awesome.

From the looks of it I'm going to be doing this (reassuring people how much better the original is) a lot. To be fair, the beginning of BotI isn't the strongest in the manga either, and it doesn't start getting really good until Makie comes into it (the third volume) but the execution of the first episode was just meh. And I really, really hope they stay true to Samura's depictions of sexual violence (non-exploitative, serving an actual purpose in character development) rather than load up on the nudity for shock value.
Courbet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:53 am Reply with quote
Well episode 2 is still setting the scene and is remain fairly true to the manga - for those uninititated into the manga thing will start making a little more sense here.

Facial animations seemed a little static here again, but apart from that I thought it looked very pretty - they seems to be releasing it in a fortnightly window or something because releases are taking ages.

One thing I just dont like at all is in the OP and ED the fact that they have mixed in modern day cityscape scenes randomly - pointless!

Anyway, check this one out and episode three should provide a great fight scene Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2