• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Moribito Confirmed to Debut on Adult Swim on August 24

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JINROH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
Well, holy crap. We are now officially in a 2nd Renaissance for broadcast anime. I only wish I could actually see it happen.

Of course, the best part of this announcement is that this almost certainly implies an english track for the DVD release Very Happy Suddenly I feel a lot better about holding on watching this fansubbed.

A English dub for the entire series was certain a while ago,as was a R1 dvd release.

This is great news,but I want the dvd's with a nice well made,chip board artbox.

Last edited by JINROH on Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:59 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
I always love a new fantasy show as well but I just don't want to see it take shin chan's 1:30 am spot or something. But I don't really think they care about anime it might just be schedule filler at this point. They don't even show the Saturday schedule. Nice to see something new though.

Logic says it'll air between Bleach and Code Geass, in the slot that is currently repeating Death Note from the first episode. It's the only free slot(aside from the InuYasha Power Hour at the front of the block).

I guess we can say Adult Swim does love us. Right now we have 3 anime premieres a week, and we'll be back to 4 a week with Morbito. If they hated anime, they wouldn't air so much anime. Two hours of anime premieres easily rivals the amount of comedy premieres onSunday.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Adult swim finally got a TRUELY good anime, and not some overrated "decent" anime. I knew this would happen for a long time now, since cartoon network bought it long ago, glad to see it's official now.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:41 pm Reply with quote
So wait, is Media Blasters dubbing this or are they sending it off to another agency to dub? I'll admit I don't have many MB titles, but the ones I do have have pretty atrocious dubs. I certainly wouldn't want to see them on TV...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, so they finally announced a premiere date for it! Very Happy

Acutally, I was kind of expecting them to say something about it soon, what with Death Note ending and all. Although I do admit I was wondering whether or not it'd actually get a daytime CN airing considering what people were saying about how modest the content supposedly is in this series. That's great that it's finally going to start airing though, I've been looking forward to this ever since last spring season.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, this series doesn't even look remotely interesting to me. If Adult Swim were to get any new shows, HunterXHunter would be a good choice.

But if this shows makes even a little bit of revenue, I suppose this is fine.
braves

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:38 pm Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:
So wait, is Media Blasters dubbing this or are they sending it off to another agency to dub?

If I remember right, this title was Geneon's and they had another studio finish the dub when they went under. So I'm guessing that this dub is not MB's, but rather the one that Geneon had made.

I was kinda hoping that this would air earlier, because this starts 2 days before college starts for me. It's still good to have it, though. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mike.motaku

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:38 pm Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:
So wait, is Media Blasters dubbing this or are they sending it off to another agency to dub? I'll admit I don't have many MB titles, but the ones I do have have pretty atrocious dubs. I certainly wouldn't want to see them on TV...

It was my understanding that Geneon had already finished the dub or had already paid for it (with Bang Zoom!, I believe) before their troubles last summer and fall. So Media Blasters sort of lucked into a pretty much completed product.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:10 pm Reply with quote
JINROH wrote:

A English dub for the entire series was certain a while ago,as was a R1 dvd release.

Yeah; I was aware of the R1 license, but with MB being the licenser and not having heard much about it for a while, I suppose I was paranoid about whether or not there would be a dub. That's why I was becoming tempted to watch the fansubs and just buy the DVDs upon (or soon after, at any rate) their eventual release.

With this news though, my patience has been renewed.
jedimaster5000

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:47 pm Reply with quote
This looks really interesting, can't wait to watch it. This reminds me of a very long time, when I first got into Blood+ (I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy this one too)

I never heard this co before though...
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:

I guess we can say Adult Swim does love us. Right now we have 3 anime premieres a week, and we'll be back to 4 a week with Morbito. If they hated anime, they wouldn't air so much anime. Two hours of anime premieres easily rivals the amount of comedy premieres onSunday.

Watch the haters not care.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. We've got Gurren Lagann on Sci Fi this month. Moribito on CN next month, and Gundam 00 in November. We just need Claymore and D.Gray-man now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Oh, it's so nice to have a date to look forward to now! Ever since I saw a trailer for Seirei no Moribito, and it's opening animation, I've wanted to see it very much, so I've been excited since Media Blasters's announcement that they'd picked up the liscense and since it was announced that it would air on Adult Swim. Now I'm even more excited! Anime hyper The animation looks so beautiful, and of course reminds me of the animation in Ghost in the Shell and Blood+ due to it being another anime from Production I.G. The characters, especially Balsa, look very interesting. I'm quite interested in seeing what Balsa will be like because there's something about her character design and description that reminds me of a few of my own female characters that I've created. And, to me, the best part of Moribito is that it's a realistic-looking, historical-type fantasy that looks and sounds as if its fictional cultures are very rich, textured, and layered. There's something about it that kind of makes me think of it as a cross between Princess Mononoke and western fantasy. I love stories that take place in a land before an industrial revolution. They make you think about the ways in which people used to live, and may live again for all we know. I don't know if it fits Adult Swim's image, whatever that may be, but based upon what I've been able to read about it, I think that it deserves to be broadcast on American TV and deserves to be given a chance by all TV anime viewers. Maybe some viewers will discover a new type of story to love. One with a female protagonist who sounds like she can be sensitive and motherly, and yet kick ass. Cool And now that I think about it, Ghost in the Shell and Blood+ both had female protagonists who kicked ass too, although I don't think the Major showed her sensitive, motherly side too often. Anime smile + sweatdrop But the Major is from the future, Saya is from the present, and Balsa is from the past (albeit, a fantasy past)....and it always seems like female protagonists have more hurdles to deal with when they're ass-kickers in the past. Plus, the Major has the advantage of inhabiting a cybernetic body and Saya has the advantage of being a spoiler[chiropteran], while Balsa, as far as I know, is a regular human being with no special powers, which makes her fighting skills a bit more cool and admirable than the skills of the other two ladies.

I'm also happy to hear that Scholastic is going to publish the second story. I was a little worried about picking up the first story, because I know I'm going to like it a lot, and if I couldn't read the rest of the series, that was going to make me rather sad, but it looks like I'll be picking up the original Moribito novel as soon as possible now. I can't wait to get my hands on it. It's nice to know that they intend to release the rest of the novels, too. Very Happy

Last edited by Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
malik_chan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:39 pm Reply with quote
To those who want Claymore and D.Gray-man... you'll get those shows if the [AS] staff likes them.

I kinda wish they hadn't gotten Code Geass... it's boring and mediocre... it's almost as bad as S.cry.ed.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Nothing is as bad as s.cry.ed. Me and my cousin (who doesn't even like anime so much)always make jokes on one else gets about how bad that was. I know we get premiers and all but well you all know the story they just don't seem to care about those premiers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4