• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Rurouni Kenshin Anime's 1st BD/DVD Volume Titled, Dated

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karyuudo0127

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Moli_Malone wrote:
WTF Usui. Shocked Sad I don't like that change.

And the ending song is not of any rk game, is the instrumental theme of the first chapters of the series, but whit voice.

If you finished the RK RPG game with female character they played that song as the ED theme. It's called 七色の風 (Nanairo no Kaze). The new mix of this song is sung by Sumioka Rina while the original from the game (which can be found on the Complete Box set) is sung by Kawai Eri who sadly passed away back in August 4, 2008 at age 43 after being hospitalized as the result of liver cancer.
karyuudo0127

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:37 pm Reply with quote
GinkoArt wrote:
It's fairly unfortunate that if this were to receive a simultaneous North America/Japan release that it might not be dubbed. Because I do know that a good portion of the orginal Media Blasters cast are still around even now doing Viz or Bandai work, but ah well.

I would hope whoever gets that license will listen to the fans and try their best to get the original voice actors back. If they hire the Sony/ADV dub crew, you won't see me purchasing this disc.
Moli_Malone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:58 pm Reply with quote
I have a doubt:

spoiler[Usui, dies or not?]
karyuudo0127

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:37 am Reply with quote
Moli_Malone wrote:
I have a doubt:

spoiler[Usui, dies or not?]

Dude he took a sword through the chest near his heart and right through his back. Got sliced up a few times. I'm pretty sure he's dead. Twisted Evil
Moli_Malone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:00 pm Reply with quote
But look Okina too spoiler[he is blooding for all parts because Aoshi and he is still alive. I dont like think Sishio kill Usui.. What happens now whit his fight whit Saito? Still, Shisio its using Usui for him porpouses...]

[/spoiler]
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:06 pm Reply with quote
karyuudo0127 wrote:

Animation is really well done. Characters seem to be a blend between TV and OAV style. One of the changes you'll notice is that no one announces their techniques, although it's quite obvious what they're using.

Is it me or does Kazuhiro Furuhashi seem to be ashamed that his directing a shonen jump manga. The attacks in Kenshin are over the top, the characters are larger than life, this isn't Lone Wolf and Cub, if you want to make an uber serious show about Samurai doing battle, than go make it, but don't attach the characters of Kenshin to it.

The way the attacks are shown adds to the flavor of the series, when a major attack hits you should pause the action, as the attack name hit's the screen as the character yells the attack name.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:30 pm Reply with quote
I wish if the Jp release contained sub so that I can import it. But I believe that it's only a matter of time before we see a us release for it. I mean it's kenshin people !
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2