• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What Anime have you found the most touching?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
final sage of fantas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:35 am Reply with quote
I agree with you coolcat me and my freind were like WTF!!!!!! Shocked Everyone was like diying or getting really hurt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mahoro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Probably the most emotionally movitating and touching series or movie I've seen is GUNBUSTER OVA, followed closely with MAISON IKKOKU, NADIA, MAHOROMATIC, then MACROSS.

GUNBUSTER as anyone who's seen it knows, truly speaks the universal loneliness we all feel. The isolation and the despair when we realize only we alone can make a difference, individually we must change for the better. The strength of the human spirit is incredibly touching in this series. IMO GB should be required watching for all high schoolers. Very Happy

MAISON IKKOKU is touching because it reminds us all that love can blossom even after we've given up on it and ourselves. True love is unpredictable and at times mysterous.

NADIA is touching because is reminds me to live life to its fullest. The sacrifices the characters make for each other, IMO show the universal and familial love we all share. Famous words, "LIVE!"

MAHOROMATIC is touching because it shows the bittersweet need to protect those we cherish. And to remember, at the end, what we really remember and want is to remain with the ones we love. All the rest of the noise in life is just that, noise.

MACROSS is touching because it shows us the horrors of war. The loss of innocence, self, family and loved ones. It also shows us the incredible human spirit and how it can triumph over adversity.
ecchansama

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Kimi Ga Nozumu Eien has already been mentioned but i still want to poke at that title.
it's the only anime ever that has had me crying out loud for forty minutes straight. during the next last episode i saw where things where going and cried because of that. during the last it got worse than i thought it would and i cried even more. Crying or Very sad
(am just about crying when i think of the series while writing this.)
Kokobunji

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Easily "Chobits" I'll try not to have any spoilers here.

Maybe I'm a little biased, since I'm not as familiar with most other Anime. All I know is that I found an episode of Chobits online (fortunately the first episode), and had to see more. The next day I bought the first half of the series. The following day I bought the rest. I became a true fan.

Now I know saying one Anime is the best is pretentious and rude to the others, but this one is my favorite.

If you watch the series from start to finish, you'll see what I mean, it's written like a big Hollywood movie; excellent writing, wonderful acting, great characters, and very entertaining.

My biggest problem is no one I know (personally) has heard anything about it, except from me.

Thank you for indulging me.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:46 am Reply with quote
Kokobunji wrote:
...it's written like a big Hollywood movie...

That's not necessarily a positive endorsement, you know.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kokobunji

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:44 am Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
Kokobunji wrote:
...it's written like a big Hollywood movie...

That's not necessarily a positive endorsement, you know.

- abunai

Okay, a big, GOOD, Hollywood movie. Like Sleepless in Seattle or such.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:11 am Reply with quote
Kokobunji wrote:
Okay, a big, GOOD, Hollywood movie. Like Sleepless in Seattle or such.

Okaayy....
(backs away slowly, never breaking eye contact)

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yahiko-san

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Rurouni Kenshin, hands down. Kenshins ideals were...admirable, but even though they were slightly unrealistic, they made me wonder why more people couldn't be like that.n I'm Yahiko-san by the way!
rail_cannon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:06 pm Reply with quote
I'd have to say most of all is samurai 7. Especially when spoiler[4 of the samurai die including my fav. Kyozo]
alchemy user

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:37 pm Reply with quote
i would have to say full metal alchemist especially when spoiler[ ed dies and al sacrifices his soul to bring him back and ed comes back but al isn't there because of the transmutation he did on his brothers body, and then ed sacrifices his own body that was returned to normal, and then al comes back in his original body and not that suit armor, then ed finds himself in Munich 1921, while al finds himself back to normal in thier world.]
rapala_fisher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:15 am Reply with quote
For me it would be Hanada Shonen-shi aka The Story of Young Hanada.I just finish watching this anime and i find it the most touching tear dropping anime i have ever watch. Crying or Very sad

It can really make a guy cry watching this anime.I have seen saikano but it didn't really hit me at all but hanada really touch me big time. Crying or Very sad
There is no World

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:23 am Reply with quote
Oh my God.... I just watched the entire Chrno Crusade..... and cried.... a lot. I mean... All the fighting for nothing! spoiler[After they beat Aion, they just went somewhere... and died.... how sad....]
CrackaJax

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:50 am Reply with quote
Gunslinger Girl was so touching to me. Not so much because the little girls are contrasted as asssassins, but rather how they still manage to be kids once in a while. The ending, though, spoiler[when Angelica died during the meteor shower, and all the girls were singing Beethoven's 9th, 1st movement, killed me. It's hard for me to listen to that song now...]
sinclair713

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:45 am Reply with quote
hey...hasn't anyone mentioned gensomaden saiyuki? honestly, when i watched it, it was the first ever anime that made me cry without realizing it. the characters' pasts were just so sad, especially nataku.

say that i'm emotional, but wolf's rain was really quite ok. i almost cried near the end, but didn't.[/spoiler]
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:28 am Reply with quote
CrackaJax wrote:
The ending, though, spoiler[when Angelica died during the meteor shower, and all the girls were singing Beethoven's 9th, 1st movement, killed me.]

1. spoiler[There's no solid evidence that Angelica died, although it strongly suggested so.]

2. spoiler[Ode "An die Freude" (Ode to Joy) is in the 4th Movement, not the 1st.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 15