• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
If you could fix just one specific thing about a particular show...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:51 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
naninanino wrote:

Gundam SEED Destiny: Jesus spoiler[needed to die].

But he did, and then came back. Laughing

I LOL'ed heartily. It's funny 'cause it's true.
wanderlustking

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:45 am Reply with quote
Ever notice how many times disaster (or near-disaster) could have been averted in the Toaru-verse if our heroes just carried some flex cuffs on their person?
Tris8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Nadia: Secret of Blue Water- Take those island episodes and BURN THEM. Create one episode in their place that includes the important plot developments, but throw all the rest of that junk out.

Slayers (first season)- Don't have spoiler[Rezzo suddenly regret everything at the end right as he's dying. I hate that cliche development. It was out of character.]
anime racket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only person here who loves the episodes that occur
spoiler[after L's death]in Death Note?
Divineking

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:41 pm Reply with quote
anime racket wrote:
Am I the only person here who loves the episodes that occur
spoiler[after L's death]in Death Note?

I do as well but after recently re-reading that portion of the series in the Black Edition volumes of the manga I;ve grown to hate how the anime adapted the the timeskip. Mello was much more of a threat in the manga as compared to the anime where spoiler[ after getting the death note] he didn;t accomplish much of anything. It also took a while before spoiler[ near figured out L and Kira were one in the same].

Overall if they could have done it over the timeskip should have been 26 episodes like the first half was.
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:39 pm Reply with quote
In Eureka 7, I would get rid of the nasty kids. The series and my mood would benefit greatly of the lack of irritating brats that took up way too much of the time and made not only Renton's life difficult, bu they contributed nothing to the plot as a whole, most of the time they were just silly, floated around, making faces, etc. Yes, that is one thing that the series would profit out of.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:11 pm Reply with quote
- Kemono no Souja Erin / Beast Player Erin : Delete Nuk & Mok.
- Bokura ga ita: Insert eyes in face when one or two is/are missing.
- Gravitation: Change Shuichi's hair color.
- Nodame Cantabile Paris & Finale: More music.
kaydub

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Unicorn_Blade wrote:
In Eureka 7, I would get rid of the nasty kids. The series and my mood would benefit greatly of the lack of irritating brats that took up way too much of the time and made not only Renton's life difficult, bu they contributed nothing to the plot as a whole, most of the time they were just silly, floated around, making faces, etc. Yes, that is one thing that the series would profit out of.

I wonder how much less whiny Renton would have been without those kids around. spoiler[Eureka should've just left 'em in the body pile.]

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi: The Endless Eight should have been more like the Endless Two or Three.

BECK: End the season spoiler[before the American tour, instead of just rushing through it in one episode and thereby completely skipping over one of the best story arcs from the manga.] That would also set things up better for a second season... a guy can dream, right?

Nisemonogatari: Moar Senjougahara.
TG72

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:11 pm Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
- Kemono no Souja Erin / Beast Player Erin : Delete Nuk & Mok.

Amen to that!

I'd fix the ending of Aishiteruze Baby. It would be so easy: instead of letting spoiler[Yuzu's mom and her flimsy excuse for leaving Yuzu stand]Kippei's sister makes her see spoiler[ that she shouldn't be grieving on her own and that their family has been available to help the whole time. Big sis then helps her find a job where the Katakuras live.]So in the end Yuzuspoiler[and her mom are reunited but she gets to stay near Kippei and family (as well as the friends she's made at school.]
Symmetrical_Magician

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote
In Princess Tutu, they shouldn't have tried so hard to spoiler[ lampshade Fakir as a villain.]

He said things that seemed so truly cruel, even when taking his spoiler[apparent motivation of protection into account and acknowledging that he was too harsh.] You don't tell someone that you "hate their face and its feelings" or try to shut them in the darkness to make them numb, unless you have something against them. It's just excessively creepy.

Yeah... They were probably trying to make it seem like spoiler[he was the Raven in disguise], and it makes that much harder to accept him as not being a villain, later. The changes just come off as a jarring.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
-Otogi Zoshi- Axe the entire Tokyo Chapter of the series. Totally pointless arc to extend the show to 26 episodes.
-Twelve Kingdoms- Kill the non-Yoko-focused arcs of the series. Sure they tell you a little more about the world of the series. But with the primary focus being the spoiler[rise of Yoko to claim rule over Kei and her later challenges of ruling it], they don't do much to advance the show's plot.
-Minami-ke Okawari- Animate full faces onto background characters instead of darkening them to the point where they barely look like people.
-Mahoromatic- Axe Saori Shikijou entirely from the show. That is all!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jsc315

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Unicorn_Blade wrote:

Yes! the same thing happened in Gundam 0079 as well! Really killed the mood
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mai Yukino

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:50 pm Reply with quote
jsc315 wrote:
Unicorn_Blade wrote:
spoiler[In Eureka 7, I would get rid of the nasty kids. The series and my mood would benefit greatly of the lack of irritating brats that took up way too much of the time and made not only Renton's life difficult, bu they contributed nothing to the plot as a whole, most of the time they were just silly, floated around, making faces, etc. Yes, that is one thing that the series would profit out of.
]
Yes! the same thing happened in Gundam 0079 as well! Really killed the mood

Then the same thing happened again in Zeta Gundam when spoiler[Shinta and Qum came on board the Argama. They had no reason to be there and one thing I would fix would be writing them out, they were uneccessary to have around.]

On another note related to the topic, one thing I would fix for the original Bubblegum Crisis OVA is to spoiler[actually make Leon and Priss an actual couple.] Another is Ranma 1/2, spoiler[getting Ryoga and Ukyo together, the two have great chemistry.]
Mr Sinister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Shiki Just let the big man spoiler[kill the little girl] and be done with it. Oh, and get rid of spoiler[the priest. His character did nothing the whole time but prevent my perfect ending]

Familiar of Zero All of them. Have Saito choose anyone else. ANYONE.

Tenchi All of them. Get with spoiler[Ryoko].

Hunter X Hunter 2011 Have the director stop making unnecessary color changes at every possible chance. And OH MY GOD WHAT DID THEY DO TO HISOKA'S TORSO?!?!?! IS HE A CATERPILLAR?!?!?
Banken

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Gurren Lagan - Change the ending. It was total bullshit. Maybe the movie is different? I don't know.

E7 - Seriously needed another eight minutes of epilogue to tie the loose ends together and should have been a little less vague.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5