• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The best anime of 2009, in your opinion.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
synn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I heard a lot about "Kimi ni Todoke" and "Spice and Wolf 2", will watch those soon.
Mister V

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Mmmh. It's a bit hard, seeing I've watched everything in my list this year, so it's kind of harder to distinguish... I suppose, relatively to other series, - excluding sequels and second/third seasons, - Bakemonogatari wins easily. Including those - Haruhi, S&WII and DtB:RnG would be standing beside it. There were other good series, but not on the same level.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The novel ending was considered good and conclusive enough that there was no need for a sequel ever. Of course Nisio than wrote a prequel and than two sequels, and now has another prequel on the way. That fits in between the first prequel and Bake as well as another novel which no one knows is going to fit.

Good to know, but the conversation was about the television series not the books.
Westlo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Quote:
The novel ending was considered good and conclusive enough that there was no need for a sequel ever. Of course Nisio than wrote a prequel and than two sequels, and now has another prequel on the way. That fits in between the first prequel and Bake as well as another novel which no one knows is going to fit.

Good to know, but the conversation was about the television series not the books.

Shinbo the director of Bakemonogatari bitched in an interview that he can't take too much credit for Bake because he followed the source too closely. I highly doubt it will deviate from the novel ending unless he wants to ruin the chance to produce more series of 2nd highest selling tv series in the last decade :roll:
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:02 pm Reply with quote
That's if Shaft ever finishes it though. *knocks on wood*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3