• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Section23 Films Adds Koihime†Musō, 11Eyes, Kämpfer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pandadice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Dang it. are you serious? Why would you license Kaempfer? Why do these people choose the absolute worst titles to bring over here? I'm not gonna feel any sympathy for you when you go under due to illegal downloading... I hope you got Kaempfer as some sort of free bonus after you paid for the other two titles.. (None of which I'd personally buy. But maybe they're better than Kaempfer...)

And TO was licensed, and Sacred Blacksmith was licensed... Seriously western distributors have no sense at all...

LeanGreen wrote:
I liked a few aspects of 11eyes, spoiler[like the relationship between the delinquent boy and the regenerating girl], but all in all it was very generic and overdone. I didn't finish it.

yeah, thats why I didn't even bother watching it. I checked out the trailer and said "well this is the most generic thing I've ever seen"

LeanGreen wrote:
However, I still have to do this...
PLEASE PLEASE LICENSE KAIBA AND SASAMEKI KOTO!! ... and maybe Hatsukoi Limited if you get around to it. THANKS!

What? Sasameki Koto? No, that show was horrible. Well, not so much "horrible" as completely bland and the most underwhelming thing to watch, ever. I was expecting another Candy Boy, but in stead I got garbage that I don't ever feel like re-watching. Candy Boy however would be a super awesome license. I'd definitely drop a buck on that.

Hatsukoi Limited I'd totally buy. That was an incredible series.

Last edited by Pandadice on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Hed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
At least Index and Railgun have great stories, characters, animation, and music going for them. Those other three only have the fanservice.

Index I haven't yet seen, but Railgun I quite like (even if I... still haven't finished it...). The latter does get a little servicey at times though.

Last edited by Big Hed on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:55 pm Reply with quote
mudduck454 wrote:
..... and because glass mask did not sell well, I wont be able to get the second half of it ......

Has it been confirmed that S23 is not going to finish this?

I was planning to buy Glass Mask, but only if I saw that S23 was going to release the entire show. I suspect that there might be others like me, who will hold off on buying a show because of this very thing.

As for these three licenses. I'm not really the demographic, so I won't be buying. Would love Maid Sama, though.
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:59 pm Reply with quote
SilverPhantom wrote:
I wish they would have at least just dubbed Koihime Musou. Ah well I won't be buying these titles, especially Kampfer.

Wait about six months for a dub.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:00 pm Reply with quote
May want to get 'em since I've kept my eyes on those I've never seen before.

Still waiting on the news of To Love Ru OVAs. Sad
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Pandadice wrote:
Dang it. are you serious? Why would you license Kaempfer? Why do these people choose the absolute worst titles to bring over here? I'm not gonna feel any sympathy for you when you go under due to illegal downloading... I hope you got Kaempfer as some sort of free bonus after you paid for the other two titles.. (None of which I'd personally buy. But maybe they're better than Kaempfer...)

And TO was licensed, and Sacred Blacksmith was licensed... Seriously western distributors have no sense at all...

LeanGreen wrote:
I liked a few aspects of 11eyes, spoiler[like the relationship between the delinquent boy and the regenerating girl], but all in all it was very generic and overdone. I didn't finish it.

yeah, thats why I didn't even bother watching it. I checked out the trailer and said "well this is the most generic thing I've ever seen"

LeanGreen wrote:
However, I still have to do this...
PLEASE PLEASE LICENSE KAIBA AND SASAMEKI KOTO!! ... and maybe Hatsukoi Limited if you get around to it. THANKS!

What? Sasameki Koto? No, that show was horrible. Well, not so much "horrible" as completely bland and the most underwhelming thing to watch, ever. I was expecting another Candy Boy, but in stead I got garbage that I don't ever feel like re-watching. Candy Boy however would be a super awesome license. I'd definitely drop a buck on that.

Hatsukoi Limited I'd totally buy. That was an incredible series.

Stop with the anti-ADV hyperpole, Kamfper is not the worst show in existance thats just your opinion.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:10 pm Reply with quote
^ agreed. It's KÄMPFER, buddy. Don't like it, don't buy it. Your whining won't make a difference to us.

Right on Sentai. At least someone in this market has the balls to license titles like these. I'll be checking em out in January.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Hey, everyone who thought Kämpfer was horrible: Don't buy it! Amazingly simple, no?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:17 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
SilverPhantom wrote:
I wish they would have at least just dubbed Koihime Musou. Ah well I won't be buying these titles, especially Kampfer.

That's what I usually do with Section 23/Sentai shows. I'll wait 6 months to a year to see if there's any word of a dub and then see how I feel at that time to see if I still want to get it. However, now I'm thinking if I should just get a netflix account to handle all sub-only stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
John Casey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Big Hed wrote:
John Casey wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
Hope the fanservice sells for ya Section23.

I won't be purchasing any of these.

Anime hyper Ironic post, given your blushy Misaka avatar.

Yeah that's confused me at times as well. On one hand I see Megiddo bashing competitors in the Saimoe threads, on the other... Misaka?

spoiler[mouuu~]

At least Index and Railgun have great stories, characters, animation, and music going for them. Those other three only have the fanservice.

Well, no, that's not entirely true, 11Eyes was at least smart enough to steel the best parts of Persona 3.

Emerje

Lol, Index has such a great story that 90% of the time you have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on, or who is after what. The pinnacle of great storytelling indeed.
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:42 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
SilverPhantom wrote:

If he really, really wants it to get dubbed, actually the best plan would be to buy the sub-only and then hope that enough people do the same. Then if they announce a dub for it he can exchange his sub-only DVD along with $20 (I think?) for the dubbed one. If you don't mind the possibility of it remaining sub-only, that is.

PandaDice wrote:

If you want to see some of my opinions on Sasameki Koto you can check out the MM! thread, but I don't really want to perpetuate an off-topic discussion.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:43 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
Quite alot of people at Mania were ranting and raving about it last year.

And then by the time the show ended, a number of them ended up hating the show, with one of the reasons being because Natsuru doesn't just stay in female form the entire show... Uh, OK.

Anyway, Mikami is a definite buy, 11Eyes does nothing for me, Koihime is a strong maybe, and Kampfer is a weak maybe right now.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:49 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
Lol, Index has such a great story that 90% of the time you have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on, or who is after what. The pinnacle of great storytelling indeed.

We aren't exactly talking an epic here, the story is pretty straight forward. Rolling Eyes What was so hard to understand?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Am I too late to see the "no dub no sale" people? Cause I love those guys.
John Casey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
John Casey wrote:

We aren't exactly talking an epic here, the story is pretty straight forward. Rolling Eyes What was so hard to understand?

Emerje

Well, it's kind of like this: Go ahead and try to summarize the events of the story from top to bottom. I am one hundred percent certain you'll miss out, or completely mix up a few details, which someone else on here will correct you on. And the best part? Vice versa.

You know what I'm talking about here. And what that vice versa there kicks in, anyone who knows anything about storytelling can tell you there's a bit of a problem there....

Now, just because Index is a complete and utter clusterfrak that has no idea in which direction its going, doesn't mean it isn't entertaining as hell. When it comes to spur of the moment, it excels damned far. The big picture, however, if you bother to look at it, sucks as hell.

DmonHiro wrote:
Am I too late to see the "no dub no sale" people? Cause I love those guys.

I think most of them have realized by now that no one cares for their pitiful whining, and have generally accepted their existences for having no value to society as a whole. They are becoming better people by shutting the hell up.

Last edited by John Casey on Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8