• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Metal Gear Solid's Hideo Kojima Endorses Under the Dog

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:19 pm Reply with quote
drscorpio wrote:
Whether you like or don't like the rewards is irrelevant. Everyone plays their role, people who get the high ticket rewards help immensely to the cause.

Whether or not I like the concept of rewards isn't the point at all. That was just an off-hand comment. The point is that it bothers me when someone withholds their money because of something as petty and trivial as not being interested in the tier rewards(even though any meaningful tier comes with a copy of the end product, the reason for the whole thing, and if you aren't interested in the product...). Would you donate to a project you aren't interested in just because they have cool rewards? That seems awfully nonsensical to me.

I highly doubt that most people donating at the high ticket levels of a kickstarter project are doing it for the rewards. Clearly they have enough money to acquire pretty much anything on there whenever they want.
EyeOfPain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:40 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
So if the breakdown of the initial $580k goal includes things like reward fulfillment, fees, and pre-production, why would making another episode cost exactly $580k if it doesn't require that stuff again? Wouldn't that stretch goal's extra money just go only to anime production? Shouldn't it just cost the 40% to actually produce the episode at 232k? The fees wouldn't change because they'd be stuck at certain percentages, but things like pre-production and reward fulfillment would certainly take up less of the pie while anime production alone grew.
The creators/producers have already put down a large chunk of their own change to fund the pre-production costs ($100,000+). Additionally, if they manage to fund at twice their base asking price, they'll likely have to produce twice as many physical reward extras.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:50 am Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:
It's not an impossible goal when you take in too account that the last 48 hours is one of the biggest funding periods for kickstarter projects in general.

and the best part is that if successful, the creators wont have to bend under the evil will of a production committee.

though the storyline for this series not so much. the whole female assassin thing have already been done by Kite Liberator , Mezzo DSA , gunslinger girls and noir and with great success so the series is gonna have to be top notch for it to be successful both over there and in the US otherwise it might just kill the genre altogether if it bombs badly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3