• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans' October-March Run Listed as 1st Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:53 am Reply with quote
I thought that was going to happen considering the current developments. I will say despite that the series doesn't feel slow or padded unlike a lot of Gundam series.
GarethXL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
Rinkwolf wrote:
I haven't started watching this because I want to watch it dubbed. But for those that are, to what Gundam series can this one be compared too?

If it's anything like Gundam 00, then I'm down. Not to say I wouldn't watch it if it wasn't. Just enjoyed Gundam 00 and Code Geass a good deal.
If I honestly had to liken it to any Gundam series, I'd say it's 60% Gundam X, 20% Gundam 00, 20% 08th MS Team.

preety much agree with this, this is basically 00 done right.

and with the pacing and their setting i'm pretty sure the colony drop will happen at the end of this season and we would see the aftermath in the next.

the only thing i'm sad about is that they tease at thier site about 72 gundam frames but we only got to see 3 Sad
Nyren

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:04 pm Reply with quote
GarethXL wrote:
Nyren wrote:
Rinkwolf wrote:
I haven't started watching this because I want to watch it dubbed. But for those that are, to what Gundam series can this one be compared too?

If it's anything like Gundam 00, then I'm down. Not to say I wouldn't watch it if it wasn't. Just enjoyed Gundam 00 and Code Geass a good deal.
If I honestly had to liken it to any Gundam series, I'd say it's 60% Gundam X, 20% Gundam 00, 20% 08th MS Team.

preety much agree with this, this is basically 00 done right.

and with the pacing and their setting i'm pretty sure the colony drop will happen at the end of this season and we would see the aftermath in the next.

the only thing i'm sad about is that they tease at thier site about 72 gundam frames but we only got to see 3 Sad
Actually, I was on the Gundam wiki yesterday because I saw a Gundam Gusion HG kit and wanted to see if it was actually that stocky, never realized before, but while I was reading the suits description it said that there are only around 24 Gundams remaining out of the original 72.

EDIT: Correction, 26 remaining Gundam frames that survived and remain operational.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:13 pm Reply with quote
cool, here's hoping it's first season ends exactly the same way aldonoah zero did.
GarethXL

meiam wrote:
I hope it's nothing like gundam 00 second season, the only things that saves it from being "worse sequel ever" is the existence of[s] gundam seed destiny[/s].

we don't allow that phrase to be said here, shame shame shame
Quote:

Actually, I was on the Gundam wiki yesterday because I saw a Gundam Gusion HG kit and wanted to see if it was actually that stocky, never realized before, but while I was reading the suits description it said that there are only around 24 Gundams remaining out of the original 72.

EDIT: Correction, 26 remaining Gundam frames that survived and remain operational.
well let's hope to see more GF inthe future though. and i'm pretty sure the Gusion would get a face lift, if you pay attention to the OP next to sino red graze you'll see a brown gundam
Hoppy800

Yeah this needs a second season

-The pace is too slow for 2 cours, it's meant for 3 1/2-4, you know standard Gundam length.

-The major events have just started.

-The turning point isn't here yet.

-3/26 Gundams revealed and no novels, manga, or photonovels have been announced.
Nyren

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:19 pm Reply with quote
So am I the only one who would love to see a prequel set during the end of the Calamity War when the Gundams all come out and begin fighting?
earlsmanu22

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:48 pm Reply with quote
I would be shocked if there wasn't a second set of 25 episodes. Almost every Gundam TV anime is around 50 episodes.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:21 pm Reply with quote
I would be a bit surprised if there is a second season because the disc sales have not been that strong. Volume one has sold around 10.5k, but that is very low for a Gundam show.

But I will not complain if there is a second season of a quality Gundam show. I have not watched Orphans, but I have heard mostly good things about it.
GarethXL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:33 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I would be a bit surprised if there is a second season because the disc sales have not been that strong. Volume one has sold around 10.5k, but that is very low for a Gundam show.

But I will not complain if there is a second season of a quality Gundam show. I have not watched Orphans, but I have heard mostly good things about it.

they're part of bandai disc sales doesn't bother them.
Deacon Blues

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:24 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

Not sure where you got those numbers from. They're lower than 10.5K, actually.

Volume 1 sold 8398 units (making it #7) in the Blu-ray category with only 856 units in the DVD category making it number 15. The combined total earned it the #3 spot on the 2015 Fall Broadcast ranking sales for Volume 1... at least as of a few weeks ago.

Amazon Japan also did the same thing with G Reco saying it was from Season 1, so this doesn't surprise me.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
Rinkwolf wrote:
okay, thanks for that. I just was hoping it would be closer to Gundam 00 because I liked shows like that. It and Code Geass gave you a thrill trying to figure out where everyone stood and who was plotting what.
Gundam 00 is one of my personal favorites, and mainly what IBO has in common with it is the serious art style and the intrigue. It shares the "soldiers in the trenches" feel with 08th MS Team, and it shares a similar setting with Gundam X as well as the concept of Gundams being a last resort weapon and rare.

So, actually, if I think about it again, it's more or less equal across the three. Not sure why I weighted X more heavily. All in all though, I'm fairly certain you'll like IBO regardless of which one it leans more heavily towards.

Yeah, I agree with that breakdown pretty much too, so I too think they've got a good shot of liking it.
Gundam 00 was one of my favorites too.

CoreSignal wrote:
Nice, glad to see more. I guess it's not a total surprise since nearly all Gundam TV series are two seasons long.

Themaster20000 wrote:
That does explain the slow pacing if true.

My thoughts exactly.

Yeah.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Deacon Blues wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

Not sure where you got those numbers from. They're lower than 10.5K, actually..

This is a pretty legitimate source that I use for things like this. I'm guessing angelmcazares used someanithing as well. Scroll down to Kidou Senshi Gundam Tekketsu no Orphans You'll see the numbers for volume one. 10,671.

angelmcazares wrote:

Is it? For a TV series that seems to be pretty solid for Gundam. G Reconquista averaged just barely 9k. Build Fighters also averaged around 9k, and that received a sequel. I think there is a pretty good chance of a sequel for this. Especially with it's current pacing and story developments.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Gundam shows are about selling toys. I'd figure they could care less about disc sales if those model kits are moving.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:
Gundam shows are about selling toys. I'd figure they could care less about disc sales if those model kits are moving.

Even so, the disc sales are very valuable, so it doesn't hurt when you are still selling more discs than the vast majority of shows coming out each year. Maybe selling toys is their number one priority, but if you're also making buckets off of your disc sales, you may as well capitalize on that too. If they are making back all of their money on toy sales alone, then whatever they make from disc sales is pure profit. I'd say that is definitely worth pursuing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4