• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Harem Anime Where All the Choices Are Insane

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
overlordrae

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:47 pm Reply with quote
harminia wrote:
I don't know much about Dramatical Murder but I would've thought it'd have made the list. But maybe not every route in it is messed up. Not sure.

Well Clear, and Koujaku are more or less decent people when outside forces aren't messing with them. For bad ends the shit goes crazy for all of Nitro+Chiral's games, though.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:48 pm Reply with quote
MrTerrorist wrote:

If you think Makoto is bad, his dad is even worse. spoiler[His father, Tomaru Sawagoe, in the other Overflow games related to the School Days franchise, not only sleep (some were non-consensual) and abandoned his girlfriends(one of them being his sister!) and their children, he even did the same thing to his daughters when they were older! In fact, some of Makoto love interests in the game are his half-sisters!]

somehow i am not surprised. of course his old man is even worse. it pretty much explains everything.

CrownKlown wrote:

Look the guy from school days was a jerk, but ill be honest, his type is probably very common in real life, especially as a horny teen, and people like that are really common throughout all ages, I know people friends and family members that have like 6-10 kids with multiple women, with kids up to 40 plus years apart in age. Is the MC a failure morally, sure, but he I honestly don't think he really did anything that crossed the line in terms of things like rape or physical abuse. He was just a horny kid who had girls throw themselves at him and he was like , why not? Def does not warrant a brutal murder in any case. I feel like people are to desensitized since its a fictional character, but I imagine if the scenairo played out in real life, nobody would be saying that he deserved it, and I think most would agree the girl would either be put in a mental facility or prison for life.

not exactly. just because makoto is a horny teen dont mean much. i mean both issei from dxd and arata from trinity seven are also horny teenagers too to the point that can be classified as absolute perverts , but at least they never abandoned any of the girls in their lives or drove one of them to near mental insanity unlike THAT guy. there is a clear reason why among harem fans he is considered to be the worse MC & the most hated MC for a harem series ever. even more despised than ichika and touma which is saying a lot to be frank.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Soval

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Ranma 1/2. Every person in that tangled web or rivals and suitors is insanely jealous, obsessive, and violent. They show no respect for anyone, including the person they are, for some unfathomable reason, in love with. And the central couple's entire relationship is based on near constant bickering, violent (usually jealously based) outbursts, avoidance of honesty, and flat out refusal to admit their true feelings.

No one could ever get with anyone because there is always someone else determined to beat the shit out of one of them then marry the other, and someone else who want's to do the same thing to that person.

Yikes.
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Soval wrote:
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Ranma 1/2.

Certainly everyone involved there is some degree of insane, but it's not actually a harem. I know it looks a lot like a harem if you only pay attention to Ranma him(/her)self, but if you take a better look at the whole thing it's a massive tangled web of romantic interests.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:08 am Reply with quote
Soval wrote:
Quote:
the central couple's entire relationship is based on near constant bickering, violent (usually jealously based) outbursts, avoidance of honesty, and flat out refusal to admit their true feelings.

That sounds like a normal relationship for 16 year olds (and unfortunately for some much older couples).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3