• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saudi Arabia's MiSK Foundation Now Owns 96.18% Stake in SNK

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Replica_Rabbit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:11 pm Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
well,so far,they haven't told SNK to cover up Mai(and the day they do...).It would actually be interesting if SNK try to sneak up a LGBT character in a KOF and see what would happen.

They probably will, they are like China with their censoring. Give about three or two years and Benimaru Nikaido and Mai will be alter
livin_large

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Replica_Rabbit wrote:
They probably will, they are like China with their censoring. Give about three or two years and Benimaru Nikaido and Mai will be alter

? What's wrong with Benimaru other than being one huge JoJo reference? Do they not like JoJo over there or something? I'll admit I don't know the Middle Eastern gamer community very well outside a few people I've interacted with but I know there's the American section of games journalist and Twitter groups who constantly complain about the women in KoF especially when SNK Heroines came out so I can only hope the Middle Eastern gaming scene isn't anything like that and things will turn out fine. I have no idea what road this will lead, but I'll reserve judgement until something does happens and stay optimistic since SNK seems to be doing very well at the moment.
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:31 pm Reply with quote
livin_large wrote:
Replica_Rabbit wrote:

? What's wrong with Benimaru other than being one huge JoJo reference? Do they not like JoJo over there or something? I'll admit I don't know the Middle Eastern gamer community very well outside a few people I've interacted with but I know there's the American section of games journalist and Twitter groups who constantly complain about the women in KoF especially when SNK Heroines came out so I can only hope the Middle Eastern gaming scene isn't anything like that and things will turn out fine. I have no idea what road this will lead, but I'll reserve judgement until something does happens and stay optimistic since SNK seems to be doing very well at the moment.

Are you not aware of how the Saudi government feels about women showing skin?
@ASAnime6

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:10 am Reply with quote
livin_large wrote:
Replica_Rabbit wrote:

? What's wrong with Benimaru
he is showing his belly . that should not be passing easily
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:23 pm Reply with quote
livin_large wrote:

? What's wrong with Benimaru other than being one huge JoJo reference?

Benimaru despite not being such could easily be mistaken as gay.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3