• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Spring 2008 Anime Preview Guide Part 1 (See note page 1)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:12 am Reply with quote
Paploo wrote:
Bus Gamers only 3 episodes? I wonder how much story outside what's been in the manga we'll see then. Still, it does make me hope we'll see it licensed sooner- a series that length could be picked up easily by most companies, and released on one disc.

I can see why, because the manga itself is only one volume. Minekura has expressed interest in trying to write more of the manga, but things here and there have prevented her from doing that.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:34 am Reply with quote
hentai4me wrote:
samuelp wrote:
So, are you going to include reviews of Druaga and Blassreiter? They've already "aired" after all, and they're even available in english officially...

Plus I officially demand that you review "Chi's Sweet home". DEMAND IT.

I am kind of unsettled with Chi's Sweet Home.

I watched the first two eps and really couldn't shake the feeling of kidnap or luring an unknowing innocent away. Regardless of the reason for it or however good it may turn out the little cat clearly wants to be reunited with its mother and doesn't seem able to be.

(only the 1st two episodes)

That's really creppy you know that? Chi's Sweet Home is simply a show about a kitten named Chi and his adventures in his new home. Though episode five is slightly disturbing, compared to the show with a fox girl, Chi's Sweet home is much better.

The only bad part about Chi's Sweet Home is the shortness of each episode, at least 20 minutes would be much better. Also, I reallly wish Chi received more the screen time, the owners are taking too much screen time.

Though the opening theme song is awesome, probably one of the best opening theme songs I've heard in a long time.
Dop.L

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:57 am Reply with quote
Episode 3 of Chi's Sweet Home spoiler[in which Chi gets a bath] has to be one of the funniest things I've seen for some time.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:17 am Reply with quote
Dop.L wrote:
Episode 3 of Chi's Sweet Home spoiler[in which Chi gets a bath] has to be one of the funniest things I've seen for some time.

Uh, is that spoiler tag REALLY necessary?

That's like saying that Chi. a kitten is actually spoiler[really cute].
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:17 am Reply with quote
dinoho wrote:
The folks at Otaku HQ had already posted a full preview on the Spring season two weeks ago. Is ANN playing catch up??

http://www.otakuhq.com/articles/spring-2008-japan-anime-lineup.php

That's a really lame comparison.

Your website's "preview" was merely information about upcoming anime. Nothing wrong with that sort of preview, in fact it's very good information to be posting. But comparing it to this article is a case of apples and oranges, and trying to play the one-up-manship card on such a disparate comparison is, imho, lame.

Information about the various spring 2008 anime have been in our encyclopedia for, in some cases, months now. So no, I don't think ANN is playing catch up to anyone.

As was previously stated, our preview's are actual opinions about the shows based on having seen at least 1 episode. This preview was posted 3 days after the Kanokon premiered in Japan. I'm certain some people got their previews up before us, and that's fine, because they aren't so crude as to come in here and say "hey look we did it first" even when they did.

-t
Faceman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:30 am Reply with quote
Not sure if anyone has brought it up, but Carlo's link isn't working. I think it's missing a sub-directory number, as it just goes back to the main page. Unless the reviews just aren't up yet.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:38 am Reply with quote
Faceman wrote:
Not sure if anyone has brought it up, but Carlo's link isn't working. I think it's missing a sub-directory number, as it just goes back to the main page. Unless the reviews just aren't up yet.

I encountered that issue as well. Maybe a technical issue perhaps? Anyway, I really want to read Mr. Carlo's review of Chi's Sweet Home.
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:39 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to seeing what Carlos says about Geass!
Big Hed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:40 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm having the same problem. Quickly, I want to be informed!

Add: Agreed, Westlo, so do I. Although I almost want to see what he has to say about Kanokon more, just for the sheer comic value.

Last edited by Big Hed on Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quote
Subs are out for Itazura no Kiss, XXXholic: Kei and Kure-nai, please review them.

I also can't get Carlos Santos's reviews up.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:47 am Reply with quote
Faceman wrote:

Whoops! Fixed. Carlo's stuff is now available.
Leebo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:49 am Reply with quote
You can get to Carlo's by adding "/5" to the URL of the main article, but I think the link needs to be fixed.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Odd, I tried exactly that without success. Nevermind, now that the link is up anyway, thank you Zac.

And so Kanokon's fate is sealed as one of the worst shows of the season, I think. Chi's Sweet Home sounds fun, though. Maybe I'll check an episode or two out.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Faceman wrote:

Whoops! Fixed. Carlo's stuff is now available.

Thank you Zac! Awesome review Mr. Santos, thank you for reviewing Chi's Sweet Home. Only a excellent reviewer such as yourself could review Chi's Sweet Home and actually give this series a great review. The manga version of the Kanokon is much worse, there is much more nudity and creppyness.

Good luck and thank you for this week's Right Turn Only, I am sure this week's column will be excelllent as always, if not beter.
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Btw with all the it's an echii version of spice and wolf comments... shouldn't you check if the Kanokon light novels predate Spice and Wolf.. since Kanokon has 11 light novels compared to Spice and Wolf's 7... (of course Kanokon light novels could easily be released more frequently!)

Oh btw just a tip for Wagaya no Oinari-sama, this show does predate Spice and Wolf since for the Dengeki Light Novel Prize it received the gold prize in 2003 while Spice and Wolf got the silver prize in 2005. (Baccano! is the only other light novel on that winners list I've seen turned into an anime, was a co-gold winner in 2002).

And the Itazura na Kiss manga came before the majority of shows you can list you think it's similar too.

Last edited by Westlo on Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 17