• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Boruto: Naruto Next Generations

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:30 am Reply with quote

How does using Rasengan, a pure chakra-based attack work in defeating an opponent that sucks up chakra like candy?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:08 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Since one of them has released a forbidden jutsu at every leg of this journey, it raises the question of how the brothers were able to survive previous missions.

Previous missions were probably not at this level, and they do have other tools besides suicide justus to get things done.

What I wonder is how you learn a jutsu like that without killing yourself in the process. It's not like you can practice...
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:38 am Reply with quote

That was a decent episode. It gets extra marks for pretty, new blue Mitsuke form. I don't really get carbon dude's power. If he's made his skin hard enough to withstand a Rasengan, why bother with the showy armor? Is he just a fashionista or something?

I'm also still wondering whatever happened to Boruto's long distance invisible Rasengan. I kept thinking that might've been useful here, especially if skin hardening is done on demand rather than a constant state.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:50 pm Reply with quote

Two good things in this episode: getting to see how cute Sarada is without her glasses, and watching Orochipapa trying to pretend his only interest in Mitsuki is not wanting to lose a valuable experiment.

I still think it's weird how when the Rasengan was first introduced it was like this super special thing only Minato (after working on it for 3 years!) and Jiraya could do before Naruto learned it, and now it's like everyone can. Ok, only Boruto, Kakashi and Konohamaru, but still, they all seem to have come by it rather easily after all the fuss about it at the beginning.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:06 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

I still think it's weird how when the Rasengan was first introduced it was like this super special thing only Minato (after working on it for 3 years!) and Jiraya could do before Naruto learned it, and now it's like everyone can. Ok, only Boruto, Kakashi and Konohamaru, but still, they all seem to have come by it rather easily after all the fuss about it at the beginning.

It's not that weird considering Minato created it from scratch. Of course those who learned after would have an easier time learning it, Minato did the hard part.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:22 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Has the village's top brass actively tried to hide this information, or are the kids just thoroughly uninterested?

it was DEFINITELY DELIBERATE on naruto's end!

it was to ensure that sarada wont get isolated by her peers due to the sins of her father! its also why he kept mitsuki's parent secret as well! he's basically taking a page out of what the third did!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:35 am Reply with quote
This arc is ok, but I'm mostly just waiting for the other shoe to drop when Sasuke finally reveals the truth to Sarada. I wonder if the shock of that will be enough of a trigger for her.

I have to say, not only was a treat to see Sakura doing her thing and the whole "family time" bit, but it was especially nice to see a genuine smile on Sasuke's face. It's so rare.

That was a pretty good episode and I'm happy that Sarada ranked up. I enjoyed watching Orochimaru calmly flexing his snakes. I think my biggest complaint in these latest episodes is Konohamaru just standing around watching while the bad guy slowly goes to do his bad thing. Like, oh no. Stop. Come back. Instead of actually doing something to stop him.

Quote:
However, he also acknowledges that this carries certain risks and opts to revamp the village's current surveillance system.

This has been long overdue since the Urashiki/Travels with Shinki arc about 25 episodes ago, where no one seemed to be guarding the supposed only way into Leaf territory. And more recently when there was a whopping huge battle going on and no one in charge was aware of it, nor believed it when told. This village has a lot of work to do, security wise. Just closing the gates wouldn't even put a dent in their lapses.
Charou

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:20 pm Reply with quote
*Pored, not Poured

Sorry this was a one-liner.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:05 pm Reply with quote

I liked this episode, but aside from the convenient answer to the question, my main problem was the fact that I've pretty much forgotten the ending of Shippuden other than "they won," so the constant referring to the Final Strategy kept making me ask, "What was it?!" C'mon, just give me a brief hint to trigger my memory! Very Happy
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

I liked this episode, but aside from the convenient answer to the question, my main problem was the fact that I've pretty much forgotten the ending of Shippuden other than "they won," so the constant referring to the Final Strategy kept making me ask, "What was it?!" C'mon, just give me a brief hint to trigger my memory! Very Happy

right now though, a majority of the readers after seeing this latest ep involving AO:

"ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE US SUFFER THROUGH THIS AGAIN!?"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marimo0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:52 am Reply with quote
Shame. Thought with the subject of Hinata's birthday we might finally get an episode that involves her as a focus, but nope, Mugino episode. I did like him getting fleshed out, just wasn't what I initially thought I was going to get.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:50 am Reply with quote
So is this secretly another time-traveling turtle?
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:33 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
So is this secretly another time-traveling turtle?

i hope so!

and this time, it should go where the entire clan was purged by itachi!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:07 am Reply with quote
184-185

Too bad Amy's no longer reviewing this anymore, since it's finally started getting pretty good after 180 some episodes.

I can't believe they ran away and left Ao with the super-glove. It's not like it was welded to him. When he punched through the rock, they should've pulled it off his arm (this is a job for SnakeyMitsuki!) and scarpered away. Oh well.

I did appreciate that Katasuke had the presence of mind to collect some tech from the puppets before they destroyed them all. But I can't believe they think Ao still has a blind side. Maybe he does, but it's much more likely he's hiding a ninja tool eye that can see and shoot lasers or something behind that patch. Still, I'm certainly not opposed to the ganging up on him strategy.

Watching Boruto pass out whenever he tries to use the light saber never gets old. But that dog is creepy AF.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:14 am Reply with quote
186-187

Very good pair of episodes, with some really nice animation to boot. I was groaning over the individual attacks to start, so was really pleased when it turned out they actually had a sensible plan!

So this Gaga Whatsis guy. I'm absolutely sure I'm wrong, and I hope they wouldn't do this, but damned if the frog summoning and all his knowledge of them doesn't make me wonder if he's somehow connected to Jiraya. It's not like they ever found a body, and there was some excuse why Kabuto couldn't add him to his resurrected army, though I'd think the toads would know if he had survived in suspended animation at the bottom of the sea or something.

Boruto seemed more broken up over Ao's death than Mugino's. And did they just walk off and leave the other super-gauntlet lying on the ground? Sucker's too big to just toss in a backpack, and no one was carrying it.

But YAY! we're finally getting to meet the broody boy from the OP. I guess he's Phase 3 or whatever number they're up to. Looking forward to finding out what his story is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 28 of 31