• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cross Game (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littletykes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:58 am Reply with quote
Darc_knight wrote:
The beginning and the build up throughout the entire manga was really special, and made me really look forward to the end, but it ended with such a bad surprise.

haha damn. But I guess I'll still stick around to enjoy the ride, whatever its destination.Smile
Westlo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:53 am Reply with quote
Darc_knight wrote:
If Cross Game the anime ends like the way the manga did, then i will neevr watch/read anime associated with Adachi Mitsuru. The beginning and the build up throughout the entire manga was really special, and made me really look forward to the end, but it ended with such a bad surprise.

What are you talking about, it's still ongoing... and it's about to get into a new baseball game in the manga..
David.Seth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
Darc_knight wrote:
If Cross Game the anime ends like the way the manga did, then i will neevr watch/read anime associated with Adachi Mitsuru. The beginning and the build up throughout the entire manga was really special, and made me really look forward to the end, but it ended with such a bad surprise.

What are you talking about, it's still ongoing... and it's about to get into a new baseball game in the manga..

ah, I feel so much better! thanks for clearing that up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kyokun703

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
Darc_knight wrote:

Thanks for reassuring the Cross Game fans. I was pretty irritated at that post.
rti9

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Westlo for the post.

It would be better if those who want to discuss the manga created a Cross Game thread on the Manga section of ANN.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:02 pm Reply with quote
rti9 wrote:
It would be better if those who want to discuss the manga created a Cross Game thread on the Manga section of ANN.

Agreed.

As for episode 19: spoiler[Well, well. Looks like Kou might have some actual romantic competition now. And just when he was starting to edge forward on Aoba, too. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Another splendid, entertaining episode of Cross Game. Regarding the "competition", spoiler[aren't Aoba and this new guy cousins? ] So I really don't get how that works out Shocked

My favorite moment this episode was when Azuma commented spoiler["so that's who stole your noodles?"] That really cracked me up, Azuma's becoming one of my favorite characters of this series.
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Kirkdawg wrote:

My favorite moment this episode was when Azuma commented spoiler["so that's who stole your noodles?"] That really cracked me up, Azuma's becoming one of my favorite characters of this series.

I believe it was something along the lines of spoiler[So Aoba was your tofu-fried noodles?]

And seriously spoiler[what is with the Japanese and cousins?! I mean, I know there aren't genetic defects until way far down the line, but eww. The new guy should just keep his hands off Aoba.]
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:52 pm Reply with quote
rainbowcourage wrote:
I believe it was something along the lines of spoiler[So Aoba was your tofu-fried noodles?]

I understood the intent of the message, which is why I enjoyed it so much.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:22 am Reply with quote
If Cross Game's running for 50+ episodes, would it be in the realm of possibility for the series to cover the complete manga series in that time? Judging from recent chapters I've read, the manga seems to be on its final arc and could be complete before the anime reaches that point. Right now, the anime is covering Cross Game from its 7th manga volume.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:08 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure this is going to cover to the end of the manga.. manga does seem to be winding down and it should be finished around the same time as the anime if Adachi stops taking so many damn breaks.

As for episode 19's romantic "competition", what a waste of time.
Viser

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:02 am Reply with quote
I throughly am enjoying this manga. However, I tend to like to start watching anime after 13 episodes get released( because for some reason I get easily distracted watching one episode at a time.)
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:51 am Reply with quote
Episode 20: spoiler[Looks like the episode had enough fun dropping subtle jokes regarding the slight development of Koh and Aoba's bond, from Aoba addressing her "sempai" to both Aoba and Koh being sent off to the infirmary for injuries by Akaishi. The so-called romantic "competition" doesn't seem to be going anywhere right now regarding Aoba's cousin, except for a couple times in the episode of Koh and a few boys going after the cousin being reminded that cousins can marry in Japan.]
leongsh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
Episode 20: spoiler[Looks like the episode had enough fun dropping subtle jokes regarding the slight development of Koh and Aoba's bond, from Aoba addressing her "sempai" to both Aoba and Koh being sent off to the infirmary for injuries by Akaishi. The so-called romantic "competition" doesn't seem to be going anywhere right now regarding Aoba's cousin, except for a couple times in the episode of Koh and a few boys going after the cousin being reminded that cousins can marry in Japan.]

I think you're missing out on a fair bit of development that is done in a subtle manner - spoiler[While Aoba takes every opportunity to use the "sempai" honorific to needle Koh, she is showing signs of caring for him. Early hints in the episode when she showed a small bit of concern as to why Koh is not with Yuhei at the train station. This is followed by her standing at her class window looking out for him in concern that he makes it to school. I suspect that Mizuki declaring his serious liking for her may have started her thinking seriously about whom she likes. While both openly deny liking each other, their close understanding/observation of each other is shown up by Koh telling Akaishi about her ankle injury and Aoba reciprocating by disclosing his left arm injury. Even their spat as they went off to the medical room shows a kind of familiarity that hints at something more.]

spoiler[Other developments wise, you can see that Koh and Yuhei are developing a close friendship. The final scene of the episode where Azuma waits for Yuhei and keeps on calling on him feels so true to life and hilarious.]
Key

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Wow, we've gone a while without commentary on this one given that it's an active, ongoing series.

Episode 24 has another one of those moments which makes this series so wonderful to watch. I am, of course, referring to the scene towards the end where spoiler[Kou goes out and offers to catch for Aoba while she pitches off her feelings of being left out of the picture when the guys are enjoying their first tournament win]. That was nearly an emotional moment for me and yet another indicator that, no matter how hard Aoba might try to deny it and no matter how unappreciative Kou might seem at times, no one understands her better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 11