• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: A Certain Scientific Railgun DVDs 1 and 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:04 am Reply with quote
Barbobot wrote:
I actually like Bug Zapper better than Sparky. It's funnier.

Whenever I hear Sparky, I think of the famous guys called Sparky like Sparky Anderson and Charles "Sparky" Schulz. Laughing
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:40 am Reply with quote
I think Mikoto CAN get a little arrogant sometimes. All of the level 5 espers have some.... problems. Mikoto is actually the most stable of the bunch, while Meltdowner and Dark Matter have SERIOUS problems.
Accelerator and Mental Out are relatively OK... sometimes.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:23 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

One aside question. In Index Touma is walking right by Misaka's dorm with friends and she goes to him to ask to be her boyfriend. But in Railgun they seem to imply the area where she lives is in some off place limit that you need special access to. So is this just an error in the continuity or is there some other explanation why Touma and his buddies where just able to stroll past that place.

Tokiwadai has two student dorms. One is in the garden of learning along with the school. The other one, the one Mikoto and Kuroko live in, is not. That's why Touma and his buddies could walk right past it
Key

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:32 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:

Accelerator has a mean streak, but the later arc in Index and content in Index II showed that he's not such a bad guy at heart. Mental Out (I'm assuming that refers to the girl shown in ep 1 of Railgun S?), however, strikes me as a potentially abusive manipulator. Can't speak to the others, since they have yet to be shown in anime form.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:

Accelerator has a mean streak, but the later arc in Index and content in Index II showed that he's not such a bad guy at heart. Mental Out (I'm assuming that refers to the girl shown in ep 1 of Railgun S?), however, strikes me as a potentially abusive manipulator. Can't speak to the others, since they have yet to be shown in anime form.

Accelerator is a murdering psycho, he just happens to have decent control and sticks to murdering "bad" guys later on.

Lest we forget he did brutally kill spoiler[10,000 Mikoto clones]

As for Misaki, I have so interesting thoughts on her power and why she is the way she is, but I have almost no confidence in Kamachi to be able to examine it properly.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

As for Misaki, I have so interesting thoughts on her power and why she is the way she is, but I have almost no confidence in Kamachi to be able to examine it properly.

She apparently became an Index character later on, so you might have to wait until Index season 5 or 6 to see that anyway.
zrdb

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Why no bluray release? No bluray=no buy for me.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:56 pm Reply with quote
zrdb wrote:
Why no bluray release? No bluray=no buy for me.

because Japan is releasing a Blu-ray box in July
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4