• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Dragon Ball series: Dragon Ball Hoshi.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:07 am Reply with quote
EpicLotus wrote:
EpicLotus wrote:
There is a new anime for Dragon Ball. It seems to be called Dragon Ball: SSSS (Saikyo Super Saiyan Secret), or at the very least, that's the codename for the project that brought this to fruition. It's the animated version of Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock, which has been running in Saikyo Jump magazine. I don't know much more than that, as the video is region locked to Japan, and only aired for one day. I'd assume they'll release a DVD/BD for it at some point, though.

http://www.daizex.com/ (18 December 2011 news update)
http://www.b-ch.com/contents/feat_dragonball/

EDIT: V-Jump magazine, not Saikyo Jump magazine. My bad Embarassed

Episode of Bardock was later serialized in Saikyo JUMP, so you're not completely off the mark!
DragonballSuperfan9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:52 am Reply with quote
I don't Think its Real. But it would make Sense to make a New Series after the Remastered GT Cause the Fan Base is back to Watch it and it would be cool to Announce it after GT.
NegativeGate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:01 am Reply with quote
I liked the dragonball franchise a lot when I was a little kid but now it is more or less dead to me, even if they did decide to make a new series I doubt I would watch it, SS5 isn't enough of a reason for me to watch a show that only ever had a semi-coherent plot line. Just the same even if they did decide to start making a meaningful story everyone who likes it for the screaming and planet punching would probably stop watching. As it stands I really think it is better off dead and anything else that gets made will lose its charm just as fast as the shows cast lost their sense of meaningful growth after the freiza saga.

Last edited by NegativeGate on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Alucielyse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:46 am Reply with quote
Akira Toriyama stated when Dragon Ball GT ended, there would not be a continuation of the series. It was done and would be no more and that we would have to deal with it. Although that hasn't stopped them from remaking them.. sigh. Always gotta ruin the good stuff with remakes. Even leftovers of your favorite food aren't good why should anything else. Except FMA:Brotherhood. I was actually impressed by it. Anyways, where is my English version of Dragon Ball Online!

/nerdrage
fratfish

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:34 pm Reply with quote
New information could be given at any time. from what i see and hear. Toriyama isn't helping Ooishi on Hoshi. He is giving advice and backing off. Could be true but it may also just be a new AF. But I do know of a (newer) Bardock episode that Ooishi came out with by herself. It says it's Hoshi episode 1. Buuuut. ya never know. could have been just a project that she wanted to do. either way. i'm excited for what the future brings. Very Happy he said he wasn't continuing the saga after GT. But he never said he wouldn't help someone else do it. I would be surprised if he didn't try to guide someone who was continuing his work. If it failed like the damn Dragon ball movie. It would just slander his name. Which we all know Toriyama is a god amongst men.
vashna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Sadly enough, Dragon Ball Online is rather bloated in any language. The fact that it is a 2-gigabyte download might seriously restrict it from the point of view of many players. That's a pretty tall order even for people that want to explore it on relatively fast Internet connections. On the other hand, I didn't know that Ooishi was working that independently. I honestly thought Toriyama had more control over the series than that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4