• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Aya Hirano Briefly Returns to Twitter

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaisos Erranon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:41 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:

It is a joke,because you linked her having having sexual relationship with another person as normal and human.And any asshole that expects woman to behave "purely" and are angered to see their idol be an actual human being,probably never had sex(because of their assholishness). But they are still human...yeah it is not a good joke.

Your incoherence has transcended ordinary discourse and has, instead, become art.
*blows party horn again*
danilo07

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Kaisos Erranon wrote:
danilo07 wrote:

It is a joke,because you linked her having having sexual relationship with another person as normal and human.And any asshole that expects woman to behave "purely" and are angered to see their idol be an actual human being,probably never had sex(because of their assholishness). But they are still human...yeah it is not a good joke.

Your incoherence has transcended ordinary discourse and has, instead, become art.
*blows party horn again*

What do you find incoherent exactly?
Kaisos Erranon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:47 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:

What do you find incoherent exactly?

EVERYTHING
Banjo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:00 pm Reply with quote
feuerwerke wrote:
lol all of the pathetic otaku manchildren in this thread.

lonely man-children weird sick minded Otakus -whatever you wanna call them- are playing a major rule in keeping the anime business alive. If those in the anime industry don't respect them then good luck making any profit.

As a wannabe manga artist myself if I had a "hit" series that fans loved it for certain character played by famous X voice actor, if that voice actor did something stupid and made my fans hate that character and so hating my series then I'll blame+hate+curse X voice actor for the rest of my life for running my character image plus my series and so my business.

Hirano had this idol job crap going, if she wanted to stay in it then the first thing to keep in mind is respecting her fans. She wanted to live her human life the way she wants? then quit your idol job first. Her actions with her band members ruined the business for themselves and whoever benefits behind them. Not to mention trolling her fans may lead to a serious stuff, those fans idolize her! you don't wanna make them mad. If a show like Love Live or whatever idol show suddenly decided to have their characters do disgusting stuff I tell ya someone will get hurt. Twisted Evil
grouwl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:00 pm Reply with quote
HAHAHA, Japan being weird, Japan just being Japan...

all you kids have bad memories and it's time to refresh.

Japanese Idols, virginal cute little teens, since immemorial times from when your parents were in different elementary schools (ah? the year? sure 1962 and 1980), Have been the feeding grounds of "Consume her, throw her, get a fresh one"
it's in the culture, it's in their society, flowers that are thrown away, being replaced with newer ones, they had "american idol" back then .

Yeah, In Japan, you're not human, you're just a product and fans think they own your every waking moment, do you imagine what the "Beliebers" fans would do if he wasn't such an " american role model" or the Britney spears fans (wait, is she still popular?) anyway, come on people, Have nobody has seen "Perfect Blue" in this forum??
replace the main character with "Aya Hirano" and all will make sense to you now
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
dan9999 wrote:
terrifying misogyny

That's enough out of you.

Reasonable people can really only handle so much nasty hate like this. That you're posting 3 times on every page with this crap makes it even worse, flooding the conversation with your particularly toxic brand of sexism.

I don't really understand why we're all expected to tolerate this level of obvious misogyny. Insofar as I have the ability to kick it out of these forums, however, I will.

Thank you Zac, I mean seriously why are people so bashing on Aya Hirano just because of a scandal, at least she isn't like Justin Bieber, that's the difference. Seriously I don't understand the hate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Parse Error

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Banjo wrote:
If those in the anime industry don't respect them then good luck making any profit.

No, you don't have to go along with expectations that are morally wrong in order to show respect for people. Contracts, culture, image, blah blah blah, none of those change the fact that a woman owns her own body. Anybody who thinks they're getting a hymen on an installment plan by buying CDs and whatnot deserves to be trolled.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Parse Error wrote:
Banjo wrote:
If those in the anime industry don't respect them then good luck making any profit.

No, you don't have to go along with expectations that are morally wrong in order to show respect for people. Contracts, culture, image, blah blah blah, none of those change the fact that a woman owns her own body. Anybody who thinks they're getting a hymen on an installment plan by buying CDs and whatnot deserves to be trolled.

Sure they own their body and can make decisions on their own. Just like other people also have the right to fire them or stop supporting them if they decide to do something that violates their agreement.

The fact is if you're in the entertainment industry and making lots of money, you sometimes need to make sacrifices. If you're not willing to make those sacrifices, you won't be able to stick around in the industry.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:57 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Sure they own their body and can make decisions on their own. Just like other people also have the right to fire them or stop supporting them if they decide to do something that violates their agreement.

The fact is if you're in the entertainment industry and making lots of money, you sometimes need to make sacrifices. If you're not willing to make those sacrifices, you won't be able to stick around in the industry.

The problem is that the fandom is composed of extremely vocal childish toxic monsters with absolutely hideous attitudes about what women entertainers "owe" them.

I know you're largely beyond help when it comes to this issue but your "give us exactly what we want or get drummed out of the business even what we claim we want is unbelievably unfair, sexist, entitled, abusive and creepy" attitude is sucky and depressing and is literally what the problem is overall.

Your absolute inability to see anything at all wrong with otaku culture and your unwavering defense of every awful attitude it spreads and promotes is gross.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:00 pm Reply with quote
All this time I thought I was in the 21st century and then BAM we're back in the ages were women got fired when they got pregnant, because people can fire you when for havina mind of your own when it concerns your personal life.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Great post, Zac. I despair at the fact that I have to share anime fandom with some of the biggest meatheads on the planet. Thank God none from that benighted segment will actually ever be in a position to breed.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:04 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
All this time I thought I was in the 21st century and then BAM we're back in the ages were women got fired when they got pregnant, because people can fire you when for havina mind of your own when it concerns your personal life.

Is the WNBA or any other pro womens league really sexist since they often have clauses in their contracts that forbid sex since they don't want players out for the year due to being pregnant? You are protecting your investment, I don't see the problem with it if they agree to it.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Great post, Zac. I despair at the fact that I have to share anime fandom with some of the biggest meatheads on the planet. Thank God none from that benighted segment will actually ever be in a position to breed.

I wish we could like posts, and as many times as possible.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:07 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
CrowLia wrote:

Is the WNBA or any other pro womens league really sexist since they often have clauses in their contracts that forbid sex since they don't want players out for the year due to being pregnant? You are protecting your investment, I don't see the problem with it if they agree to it.

There isn't a professional woman's league of any description in the Western world that has such a ridiculous clause. Quit making shit up. Your position is stupid enough as it is without putting 100% fabrications in it.
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Banjo wrote:
feuerwerke wrote:
lol all of the pathetic otaku manchildren in this thread.

lonely man-children weird sick minded Otakus -whatever you wanna call them- are playing a major rule in keeping the anime business alive. If those in the anime industry don't respect them then good luck making any profit.

As a wannabe manga artist myself if I had a "hit" series that fans loved it for certain character played by famous X voice actor, if that voice actor did something stupid and made my fans hate that character and so hating my series then I'll blame+hate+curse X voice actor for the rest of my life for running my character image plus my series and so my business.

Hirano had this idol job crap going, if she wanted to stay in it then the first thing to keep in mind is respecting her fans. She wanted to live her human life the way she wants? then quit your idol job first. Her actions with her band members ruined the business for themselves and whoever benefits behind them. Not to mention trolling her fans may lead to a serious stuff, those fans idolize her! you don't wanna make them mad. If a show like Love Live or whatever idol show suddenly decided to have their characters do disgusting stuff I tell ya someone will get hurt. Twisted Evil

I will respect otaku manchildren when they start respecting women. Until then, nope.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 11