• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal Limited Edition Part 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manapear

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:25 am Reply with quote
Yeah, it's sad that some of the Senshi development became lacking compared to before. I did love the MinaxRei scenes though. /swoon

I think PreCure battles went through shifts. The first three arcs were more choreographed and less DBZ, then they started to slide that way (well, with some slacking), then picking up and back and forth. GoPri definitely had wonderful fights, and I haven't stuck with Mahou or KiraKira yet (definitely going to try harder with KiraKira though).

It probably comes down to style and tone as well. I appreciate the manga's tone, focus and straight-forwardness the most. And while I can understand people frustrated that it's basically Usagi's story, I don't really mind that much. For me, the tone of the manga is pretty close to what I prefer in stuff (and is balanced well for my taste); but not everything is for everyone.

There still could be another anime adaption closer in release to Crystal, instead of waiting so far along for another anniversary. It would be nice for everyone who wants something more like the Classic anime, but with a more modern style.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:59 am Reply with quote
You're right, there could be another adaptation of it in the future. I think it could be possible too seeing how Sailor Moon is becoming popular again.
manapear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:45 am Reply with quote
Yup. It's easy to forget that as important as it is culturally, it kind of fell off in terms of sales and mild relevance. But with how well the merch is doing now and Toei (and Bamco and Kodansha) pursuing its relevance so well, I think we have a pretty nice future in store and possibilities.

And it's definitely best to support what you prefer of the series and the direction you want it to head. If you don't really enjoy Crystal and prefer the Classic anime, it's a good idea to buy as much of the merch and newer DVD releases related. That way, Toei knows that audience is till around (which they know, but really seeing the impact makes a difference).
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:01 am Reply with quote
Agreed. I already got some of those newer Star Power Pens and Spiral Heart Moon rod.
manapear

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:34 am Reply with quote
I've bought a figure or two here and there, but not nearly as much as I would like. And I think I missed out on some stuff. ^u^;
And I am so desperate for them to translate the new Myu and give it DVD or even digital releases in the US! I would buy it so fast. TTuTT

For now, I'll settle for buying the Crystal DVD sets~. I did enjoy S1/2 more than what I started of 3, so I don't know if I'll buy it yet, but I do want them to continue the anime all the way through, so I might.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4