• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Heavenly Delusion (TV) (w/ index).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:50 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I feel like I'm going to have to watch the whole thing from the start again once it's over. I feel totally lost right now, but I still like watching it.

I rewatched it pretty much twice more. Marathoning the episodes helps keep the storylines coherent. I still wished they had made episodes that focused entirely on the school or entirely on Maru and Kiriko. This constant jumping back and forth doesn't help the narrative.
    Blood-
    Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:43 pm Reply with quote
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only viewer having difficulty figuring things out/keeping track of things. Yes, a marathoning rewatch once the whole run is available, along with some note-taking, would likely help me a lot.
    Tony K.
    Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:39 am Reply with quote
    Episode 11: The Test Begins

Summary: Pending

Comments: Pending

Screen Caps:

Blood-
    Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:14 am Reply with quote
    Episode 12

Ugh. Ugh-ugh-ugh. I really hate the turn that Kiruko's story has taken. The nature of it is inherently gross but then added to that is the horrible sense of betrayal that somebody they looked up to, respected, loved and have been searching for would do that. I really hope that piece of shit Robin dies in a incredibly painful, horrible way. I would enjoy watching that immensely. I really don't feel like saying more. This episode has put me in a bad mood.
    Tony K.
    Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:55 am Reply with quote
    Episode 12: Outside of the Outside

Screen Caps:

DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:15 am Reply with quote
    I am kind of a bit mad that the series even dared to do something like that, seeing him being raped as a big blow to his identity that it is being done to his sister's body. Was Robin helping with a orphanage for grooming purposes?

Is it a big deal that the babies might have been mixed up?
    yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:18 am Reply with quote
    Pretty upbeat finale for Maru and Kiriko. I doubt she can get over being raped that quickly. It will come back to haunt her.

Where are they going in the boat? Can't be Japan, right, because it's all destroyed?
    Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:35 pm Reply with quote
    yuna49 wrote:
    Where are they going in the boat? Can't be Japan, right, because it's all destroyed?

I believe the events with the children take place before the collapse of Japan.
    Blood-
    Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:45 pm Reply with quote
    Episode 13 (Finale)

As noted in my post above I wasn't happy with the way Kiruko's story unfolded but I am satisfied with the resolution. Yes, I would have preferred to see Robin's face caved in and watch him die, but I can live with this. Kiruko's bounce back doesn't seem particularly credible but you know what? I'm more than happy to sacrifice realism if it means seeing them in a better place than expected.

And yes, the final shot confirms what I've suspected for a while: that the Children were in the facility pre-The Great Catastrophe and sadly are probably the reason for it.

I've rated this show Excellent and eagerly await its continuation.
    DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:16 am Reply with quote
    Took me about a week to get around to watching the last episode, not because I wasn't looking forward to watching the show, but I have generally enjoyed the show so much that I want to watch it when I am most able to enjoy it.

We do have that final confirmation that the academy kids are all in the past, although I kind of figured that out all really early on. I am even more confirmed that the white haired kid will become the doctor, so his promise to protect Mimihime is going to be tragic in that he will just be looking for a way for her to die a human. Still not really clear what the two babies means, other than it is something weird where only one was probably the birth child of Tokio, the other perhaps a mimicking monster, and implication is that they were probably accidentally swapped. Also still most likely that one of them is Maru, although the two babies thing it could be a reveal that Maru might not even be human.

A lot of new hints at things, some resolutions, but at the same time not really what I might consider a satisfactory conclusion to the narrative, which I would say that I have become invested in and would want a continuation. In addition, some interesting stuff in general with Kiruko, involving the gender, with them not even sure who they are, which Robin owes some blame for whatever awful things he did.

My rating will be Excellent (9/10), and I really hope this won't just be one of those just read the source material things. Extra point that this was really messing with my Disney+ settings, where I accidentally watch the start of an episode in English, and then watch another Disney show like Secret Invasion, where it took me too long to realise it would make no sense for an American to speak Japanese in Russia. Although I do like some of these shows coming on Disney weekly.
    Tony K.
    Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:43 am Reply with quote
    Episode 13: The Journey Continues and Begins

Screen Caps:

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
    Page 4 of 4