• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
School Days (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hisdon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:47 pm Reply with quote
I've posted this elsewhere, but this show makes me want to slaughter kittens. Our male role is about a dumb as bricks and has absolutely -no- redeeming qualities about him. Then we got a girl who doesn't have the balls (pun intended) to beat the shit out of this guy and shape him up, and another who's a ho. I'm hoping they make a new ending where the whole lot of em gets plowed down by a big black guy with an Uzi like in spoiler[Gantz]
youkai_ronin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Well Makoto's still an a$$hole no serious change there. Hmm, yes Sekai I never thought thatspoiler[you'd fall for Makoto's "charms" so much so that you would sleep with him and become his friday night girl(and every other day of the week appearantly).]Oh well, one thing I am thankful for (despite Makoto's asshatery) is that at least this wasn't just some shounen romance/harem/love triangle anime, that would have been frustrating.(thought I enjoy em from time to time) Wink

HitokiriShadow
Quote:
I hope to God that Kotonoha goes Higurashi on Makoto's ass. And I hope she then commits suicide and Sekai learns her lesson and decides that lesbianism (with Setsuna as her lover, of course) is the only way to atone for her crimes and stupidity.

YES, seconded/agree-wholeheartedly, etc. Except the second part it would have to be with every girl once, or some kind or crazy lesbian orgy to make up for Makoto's disgusting behavior and Sekai's lack of control(i.e. shitty rationalizations). I'd be satsfied with either outcome, so keep em comin' Twisted Evil
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:51 pm Reply with quote
FINALLY watched Episode 4, and wow, just wow. I'm simply speechless, both figuratively (in a state of complete surprise) and literally (been yelling at my computer monitor one too many times).

This makes it official: Yamato Akitsuki was nowhere near as insensitive and moronic during the entirety of Suzuka as Makoto Ito has been in only four episodes of School Days.

spoiler[First he acts cold towards Kotonoha (poor girl!) because she's reluctant to let him touch her breasts, and then he agrees to Sekai's "training?" can't believe this guy!]

spoiler[I also can't believe that Sekai actually suggested her "training" to Makoto. I know she meant well and all, but she should've known that things could've (or maybe would've) went the way they actually turned out. And what happens? In the end, Sekai did succumb to her desires.] Rolling Eyes

And I can't help but feel terrible for Kotonoha the whole time, too. She's trying to adapt to Makoto and being a good girlfriend, yet her boyfriend acts like a total arse, and is quite possibly on the brink of cheating on her with the girl who helped set them up in the first.

As mad as I'm getting over this, I'm loving every minute of it. I hope Episode 5 won't take too long. Confused

One quick question: spoiler[it seems pretty implied that Makoto and Sekai went farther in that one episode than he has with Kotonoha throughout the series so far. It's implied (or I assume) that they went pretty far, but just how far did they they go? Did the game show how far they went?]
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
If episode 4 made you exhausted from yelling at your computer, you are going to lose your voice by the time this series. Either from destroying your vocal chords, or a stroke that rends you incapable of communicating anything every again. Razz
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:27 am Reply with quote
Static29

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:55 am Reply with quote
^^^ lmao, wow, that was good , that chart and all ^^^

but seriously, come on guys, its not that bad, its actually good

im liking it so far, its pretty original, like its not cliche or anything, i didn't expect some things

and i can definately relate to makoto and girl problems spoiler[love triangle, etc]

im on episode 5 right now
Static29

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:11 am Reply with quote
spoiler[damn, makoto is falling in love with sekai]

this is interesting, i can definately relate to being in matoko's position,spoiler[ going out with one girl, and falling for another girl]

yea he does some dumb ass things, but spoiler[he's a guy, and we make mistakes]

[edit] ohh, wait a minute, hold up a minute...wtf....spoiler[ i know kotohona seen makoto and sekai..kiss, "2 times", and she didn't say anythingg! wtf...damn....that girl aint right i just get the feeling that sekai knew what she was doing all the time][/edit]
hentai4me

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:11 am Reply with quote
Static29 wrote:

this is interesting, i can definately relate to being in matoko's position,spoiler[ going out with one girl, and falling for another girl]

[edit] ohh, wait a minute, hold up a minute...wtf....spoiler[ i know kotohona seen makoto and sekai..kiss, "2 times", and she didn't say anythingg! wtf...damn....that girl aint right i just get the feeling that sekai knew what she was doing all the time][/edit]

Guys do stupid things, yes.

But most guys I know get the hint about the speed their partner wants to go at pretty soon. Further most people would have the decency to end one relationship before starting another.

spoiler[As much of an ass Makoto is when actually on a date the bit about him the annoys me most is the fact he wont even tell Kotonoha one way or another, nothing wrong with him wanting to be with Sekai, especially if she is willing to do what he wants (though I can't see it being any kind of decent relationship if that's all it is), but he should at least break it off with Kotonoha if he is going to go with Sekai.]
Static29

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:55 am Reply with quote
hentai4me wrote:
Static29 wrote:

Guys do stupid things, yes.

But most guys I know get the hint about the speed their partner wants to go at pretty soon. Further most people would have the decency to end one relationship before starting another.

spoiler[As much of an ass Makoto is when actually on a date the bit about him the annoys me most is the fact he wont even tell Kotonoha one way or another, nothing wrong with him wanting to be with Sekai, especially if she is willing to do what he wants (though I can't see it being any kind of decent relationship if that's all it is), but he should at least break it off with Kotonoha if he is going to go with Sekai.]

^^^^ yea definately

spoiler[ i mean, the LEAST you can do is end it with kotonoha, that girls all in love with him, she even admits at the end she doesn't care if he is going out with another girl( pffftttt )]

but in a way i can see how it is with Makoto

spoiler[he got to do "things" with Sekai, now if your a virgin, its natural for you to
go with the girl that will let you have sex, or do wahtever, etc. so i understand where he is coming from on that part]

but the f**ked part is , he should just spoiler[ break it off with kotonoha, like you said, and have SOME decency ]

this is interesting though, waiting to see what else happens

too bad the 7th episode comes out on august 14th
hentai4me

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:26 am Reply with quote
Static29 wrote:

but in a way i can see how it is with Makoto

spoiler[he got to do "things" with Sekai, now if your a virgin, its natural for you to
go with the girl that will let you have sex, or do wahtever, etc. so i understand where he is coming from on that part]

I refute that. I never did it with the promiscuous girl in 6th form even when we were going out. Some people might go with the 'easiest' girl and fool themselves into thinking that the relationship is something more, but I'd not be surprised if a decent proportion of people waited until they found someone they actually felt right about before actually doing it.
Static29

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:52 am Reply with quote
yea i see what you mean ^^^^
spoiler[
im just saying, its normal for a guy to do something like Makatoto did, espcially at that age (15,16)
of course not all guys are like that, but at a young age, for a lot of guys if you want to have sex with a girl, you'd want to go with the girl that would let you do it, like Sekai, and you may THINK its a real relationship or its real love, but its really on lust, and i can definately put myself in his shoes on that part, i've never cheated on a girl but i can relate to his position where he rathered go with a girl that would let him have sex, than a other girl that wouldn't. not necessarily saying thats a bad thing]

see what im sayin?
Static29

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:04 pm Reply with quote
hentai4me wrote:

Some people might go with the 'easiest' girl and fool themselves into thinking that the relationship is something more

yea unfortunately, some of us guys have had to find this out the hard way
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Static29 wrote:
spoiler[
im just saying, its normal for a guy to do something like Makatoto did, espcially at that age (15,16)
of course not all guys are like that, but at a young age, for a lot of guys if you want to have sex with a girl, you'd want to go with the girl that would let you do it, like Sekai, and you may THINK its a real relationship or its real love, but its really on lust, and i can definately put myself in his shoes on that part, i've never cheated on a girl but i can relate to his position where he rathered go with a girl that would let him have sex, than a other girl that wouldn't. not necessarily saying thats a bad thing]

see what im sayin?

The problem with Makoto is spoiler[he is both a H-game/harem male lead and a bastard at the same time. Being a harem male lead gives him the magical ability to attract almost all of the girls around him (or at least a few), as well as give him the core character archetype of "nice guy". Combine these attributes with the fact that all he ever thinks about is sex and doesn't care what he does or who he hurts around him as long as he gets what he wants, and Makoto's an awfully dislikeable guy. Imagine a pimp who has been granted these two magical powers: Making anyone he is attracted to (physically or otherwise) attracted to him too (but actually fall in love with him), and dumbing down these girls so that they overlook completely what a horrible person he is and are blindly unaware of his motives so that he is pretty much able to play them to his heart's content. That's basically Makoto at this point.]
Static29

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:36 pm Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
Static29 wrote:
spoiler[

see what im sayin?

The problem with Makoto is spoiler[he is both a H-game/harem male lead and a bastard at the same time. Being a harem male lead gives him the magical ability to attract almost all of the girls around him (or at least a few), as well as give him the core character archetype of "nice guy". Combine these attributes with the fact that all he ever thinks about is sex and doesn't care what he does or who he hurts around him as long as he gets what he wants, and Makoto's an awfully dislikeable guy. Imagine a pimp who has been granted these two magical powers: Making anyone he is attracted to (physically or otherwise) attracted to him too (but actually fall in love with him), and dumbing down these girls so that they overlook completely what a horrible person he is and are blindly unaware of his motives so that he is pretty much able to play them to his heart's content. That's basically Makoto at this point.]

^^^ true

spoiler[but i dont think Makoto is trying to hurt Kononoha purposely, maybe he just doesn't want to hurt her feelings]

in my opinion, spoiler[sekai, put herself in this position, she lead him on with that "special training", of course he would fall for her]
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Static29 wrote:

spoiler[but i don't think Makoto is trying to hurt Kononoha purposely, maybe he just doesn't want to hurt her feelings]

No, it has nothing to do with her feelings. He just doesn't want to deal with the fallout. And he only switched to Sekai because she's an easy lay. I don't care if some people really are like this, it's not 'normal' and its no reason to like him or accept his behavior. He's a horny bastard and that's all there is to it.

Quote:
in my opinion, spoiler[sekai, put herself in this position, she lead him on with that "special training", of course he would fall for her]

Sekai definitely facilitated this and its why I'm really not happy with her. I have a major issue with both girls thinking "oh, well, guys are just pigs, so I just need to learn to deal with him constantly groping and wanting to screw me".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 21