• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lucky Star 6 LE Cancellation Confirmed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rizuchan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad Bandai has finally made a statement about it so I don't have to wait needlessly forever for a LE of the final volume, but it still really sucks. I really enjoyed collecting the CDs, and while I don't wear the shirts in public, they make really cute nightshirts.

MJP wrote:
So who here that actually bought any of the LEs downloaded the songs first and has them anyway?

And who here has actually worn the shirts?

Translation: who is being a self-righteous "BUY AMERICAN DVDS OR ANIME WILL DIE punk, who is suffering from "I DLED AND MUST MAKE MY WORSHIPFUL KONATAXKAGAMI PAIRING PROFITABLE," and who is thinking that Kadokawa got it right by putting out English subs for Haruhi-chan?

I think it's worth note that since they did that, there are absolutely zero fansubs of those super-popular shows/subcultural bits/whatever the hell Churuya is.

(Note: I love Lucky Star and Haruhi, watched them on fansubs, and have no plans to buy them until boxsets happen for cheap. Deal with it.)

I don't think you 'get' why people buy LEs in the first place, and I'm not saying that just to be rude. I understand wanting to be conservative with money, but a lot of people like me (Read: spoiled college students that live at home with their parents and have more money than they know what to do with) like to invest copious amounts of money in LE for various reasons besides just the extras. Also, because I download 99% of my music but still buy my favorite bands on CD because the covers are pretty.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kalessin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:19 pm Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:
I'm glad Bandai has finally made a statement about it so I don't have to wait needlessly forever for a LE of the final volume, but it still really sucks.

I'd like to second that. I was wondering what I was going to do about purchasing the 6th volume since I didn't want to buy the SE while waiting for the LE to come out, but I didn't want to wait for a LE that was never coming either. Kudos to Bandai for actually making it 100% clear that the LE is outright canceled rather than postponed. I'd still rather have the LE, but I'm glad that Bandai has made the situation clear.
Aresef

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:45 pm Reply with quote
I never got the LE's, but I *do* have the Serafuku t-shirt, which I got at the Bandai Surprise panel at Otakon.

(Hey, maybe their troubles have a little bit to do with going to con panels with pallet-loads of freebies. Then making everybody put on serafuku shirts and dance in them while JAM Project joins and watches.)

(Not like that's a bad idea.)
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Well, I was considering to start getting this show (based on clips and trailers I've seen, it does seem interesting), but with this news, I know to go with the standard edition of the DVDs, not the LE.

Hopefully the shirts aren't that interesting for me to want to wear (cause I'm actually a person who would wear them anywhere I go Anime hyper). =P
Koast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:01 pm Reply with quote
I bought a couple of those, but this doesn't really surprise me. I mean really, when am I gonna have an opportunity to wear my Lucky Star high school bathing suit t-shirt in public?? Let alone my sailor fuku t-shirt!!
mjc5436

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:24 am Reply with quote
i am also collected all of the lucky star LE. i just can't believe that Bandai drop the ball so many times in the past with faulty DVD's and now cancelling Lucky Star LE 6!!!! What's next Code Geass R:2!
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:39 am Reply with quote
xia83 wrote:
In this bad economy i'm not surprised.
But the buyers of the LE have my sympathies, I would be really pissed.

No kidding. At least bandai did not suffered the same fate as geneon when that restructing and layoffs was announced. It's bad for those LE collectors,but a necessary one. They should do what funi is doing now and just release them in partial season box sets.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:58 am Reply with quote
I've been collecting the LE's and am most annoyed that I won't be getting the 6th CD, the main draw for me.

Maybe they could give those of us that care some kind of voucher, so we could at least get a discount off the Japanese version of the opening song remix single CD. Or just put authorized mp3's of the tracks from that CD on their website so I could at least burn my own CD of it (yeah, I'm a physical media kind of guy, even for music).

I know neither of those things is likely to happen, I'm just putting that idea out there.

Oh well, looks like Bandai won't be getting any more of my money anytime soon...

...until they license something else I want, which isn't likely to be that soon in this licensing environment, since most of "something else I want" is moé like Kannagi and Minami-ke.

I'll still buy the singles of Haruhi Suzumiya season 2, LE or no LE, if and when they're released.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:05 am Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:

...until they license something else I want, which isn't likely to be that soon in this licensing environment, since most of "something else I want" is moé like Kannagi and Minami-ke.

Or Probably Strike Witches and Kodomo no jikan. It's a long shot but could be possible since they are licensing Lucky Star,though those other series you mentioned would be intersting too.

And Unless they put out a LE box set, i'll save my money instead and use it to buy season 1 part 4 of one piece.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:28 am Reply with quote
I bought the LE and RE of the 1st 5 volumes but to think that I cant have the super cool volume 6 LE just makes me so angry because now my collection of Lucky Star is always going to feel incomplete. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
bluecloud

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:16 am Reply with quote
THIS IS WHAT AMERICAN FANDOM ASKED FOR.

I feel sorry for Bandai and other companies. Fansubs so prevalent, all they have to do is sell their shows at less than $5 per episode, or show 'em online for free. It could be the matter of time that another anime company go under. Have you guys ever wondered how we watch anime legally if they're gone?

You don't need to pay much for shows that suck. However, you have to pay some(or let money go to anime companies) to watch shows for the first time, and pay as much as you can for shows that you think are great.

The time for us to change has come. It has been for a long time, and we must change now. I mean, stop watching fansubs and tell other fans to stop it. Otherwise there can be no legal distros in your country(s).
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:40 am Reply with quote
bleuster wrote:
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
Be thankful any version of volume 6 got released at all.
So, that's how it is, now?
From all the rage in this thread, you would think that they had cancelled vol. 6 entirely.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:52 am Reply with quote
bluecloud wrote:
The time for us to change has come. It has been for a long time, and we must change now. I mean, stop watching fansubs and tell other fans to stop it. Otherwise there can be no legal distros in your country(s).
I'll go get the lube!
ScrappedAeon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:27 am Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
I've been collecting the LE's and am most annoyed that I won't be getting the 6th CD, the main draw for me.

That bums me too, especially because that remix album is one of my favorites. Although the main things are not having the matching DVD cover and not being able to display the pretty box Sad

I really don't understand why they'd do this with the final volume. I would have paid an even higher premium price for it if I had to.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:08 am Reply with quote
ScrappedAeon wrote:
Tenchi wrote:

That bums me too, especially because that remix album is one of my favorites. Although the main things are not having the matching DVD cover and not being able to display the pretty box Sad

I really don't understand why they'd do this with the final volume. I would have paid an even higher premium price for it if I had to.

What exactly is stopping you from buying the RE and importing the CD that would have been included with the LE from yesasia or cdjapan... CDs aren't region locked after all.

If that's the only reason you bought the LE then pay up and import the CD.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9