• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Section23 Films Adds Koihime†Musō, 11Eyes, Kämpfer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Reaper gI wrote:
Redlinks wrote:
Sigh, really wish Section23 would take the time to release english dubs. Sure I usually prefer subs, but I like having an english option also. But Glad to see some of the older anime coming to the states.

Older? that's a year old, 'cept koihime which is 2.
Quote:
I heard a lot of people hate Kämpfer. I haven't seen it. Can someone tell me whats so bad about it?

Where to begin; it's a harem magical girl show. One of those magical girls (the protaganist) is normaly a bloke. Animation is awful, plot is so rediculous it's silly, characters are all contrived etc.

It borderline so bad it's funny. There will of course be the group that just view it as terible instead of laughing at it.

The only thing in Kämpfer that was well animated were: boobs

I seriously do not know why I saw every episode Mad

Maybe I should get back into watching Eden of the East.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Damn it I was hoping FUNimtion got Koihime Muso.. What a waste..

The waste is an ungrateful idiot like you bothering to make a post.
Get used to sub-only releases, because that's the state of the US anime industry.
The Count

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:36 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
the-antihero wrote:
Thanks but no thanks Section23, I usually buy my anime, but if it's not getting a dub which you idiots never do to what you license now, it's not worth buying.

And I don't know why people are going bananas over Kampfer, it may not be a great show, but in the end, is it supposed to be? It's just for laughs and fan-service, it's not like it was marketed as anything great when it's actually so-so at best or even crap like Avatar...seriously, that piece of crap was a sci-fi ripoff of Lawrence of Arabia and people said it's the best thing ever? Avatards! Anyway, back on topic, it's not worth getting angry over a dumb show which wasn't supposed to be good anyway. I could still watch it and enjoy it for what it is because hey, at least Japanese marketers don't put crap in your face and call it ice cream like Hollywood did in the past decade. You'd have to be stupid to think Ecchi/Harems and whatnot could give you a great time, these genres rarely allow greatness to be produced, only good ones at the top of my head would be Ranma 1/2 and Tenchi Universe, and those are just harems, and next to no ecchi.
I'm not calling Kampfer crap or anything, but it's nowhere something I'd die to see.

Well here they are! The "no dub, no buy" whiners are out again.

I'm only going to say this once: STOP BITCHING ABOUT S23 NOT DUBBING A NEW LICENSES! THEY ARE DUBBING, ITS JUST THAT THE ADR IS BEING DONE IN SECRET!!!!

Okay? You understand now? Sentai dubs are done in secret. END OF STORY.
Not that I care that much, but are you saying they're dubbing shows that have already been released or announced as sub only, or are you saying they're dubbing titles that have yet to be announced?
Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Another batch of new Section23 anime, another sigh at the exclusion of Manabi Straight.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:59 pm Reply with quote
If they were going to dig through CR's archives for stuff, I would have preferred Saki, School Days, Book of Bantorra, Erin, Time of Eve, Hyakko and about 20 others before these.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
If they were going to dig through CR's archives for stuff, I would have preferred Saki, School Days, Book of Bantorra, Erin, Time of Eve, Hyakko and about 20 others before these.

I would so squeal like a school girl if hyakko got licensed, great slapstick comedy, it needs another season, or two, or three,
fireaxe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:22 pm Reply with quote
mudduck454 wrote:
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:

I would so squeal like a school girl if hyakko got licensed, great slapstick comedy, it needs another season, or two, or three,

Hell yeah. It really went under the radar of a lot of people but Hyakko was easily in my top 3 of 2008.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mudduck454

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:39 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:

Has it been confirmed that S23 is not going to finish this? (glass mask)

I was planning to buy Glass Mask, but only if I saw that S23 was going to release the entire show. I suspect that there might be others like me, who will hold off on buying a show because of this very thing.

As for these three licenses. I'm not really the demographic, so I won't be buying. Would love Maid Sama, though.

well sentai films had a panel meeting at anime weekend in atlanta, and they were asked if they were going to release the rest of glass mask, they said it has had poor sales, but they want to. but more sales would help them release it,

so they haven't said they canceled it, just that they want to release the rest , but the first collection needs to sell more, or they wont release the second part.

I read this on the AOD forums
Link: http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=103031
loka

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:48 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
11eyes looks interesting, I'll probably get that.

Hope you like your characters hideously cross-eyed and the first episode to be the best of the series. The OVA was fun, though.

Pandadice wrote:
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
Hey, everyone who thought Kämpfer was horrible: Don't buy it! Amazingly simple, no?

well when they continue to license shows not worth buying, then don't go blaming fansubs when ADV goes under

Yeah...well... if it weren't for fansubs, then Crunchyroll wouldn't be what it is. And if it weren't for fansubs, then the distributors wouldn't be pressured into streaming previews. And if there were no fansubs or previews, we wouldn't know how terrible the shows are. Then ADV wouldn't have to go under if they could get all those sucker sales.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:28 pm Reply with quote
mudduck454 wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

Has it been confirmed that S23 is not going to finish this? (glass mask)

I was planning to buy Glass Mask, but only if I saw that S23 was going to release the entire show. I suspect that there might be others like me, who will hold off on buying a show because of this very thing.

As for these three licenses. I'm not really the demographic, so I won't be buying. Would love Maid Sama, though.

well sentai films had a panel meeting at anime weekend in atlanta, and they were asked if they were going to release the rest of glass mask, they said it has had poor sales, but they want to. but more sales would help them release it,

so they haven't said they canceled it, just that they want to release the rest , but the first collection needs to sell more, or they wont release the second part.

I read this on the AOD forums
Link: http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=103031

Thanks for the info. I kind of don't know what to do now. I kind of feel like I'm being pressured to buy the first half of the show with no guarantees I'll ever see the rest.

I also don't really like the "buy the sub-only, and we might dub it" sales model particularly either. In a way, it's kind of a racket. You pay $30 twice for a series, then you can "trade-in" for the dubs for an extra $20 per set. All-in-all, you end up paying around $100 for the series. I can see why they do it, but it makes their price-point more along the lines of the what didn't work before model. I still have my sub-only sets of "Ghost Hound. I didn't feel like being tricked into paying Bandai prices for the series. I feel like a better deal is to double-dip, and pass along the sub-only boxes to a friend. Anyway, I'm sort of off-topic ranting, so I'll get out of here now.

Sorry. Embarassed
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:34 pm Reply with quote
The Count wrote:
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
the-antihero wrote:
Thanks but no thanks Section23, I usually buy my anime, but if it's not getting a dub which you idiots never do to what you license now, it's not worth buying.

And I don't know why people are going bananas over Kampfer, it may not be a great show, but in the end, is it supposed to be? It's just for laughs and fan-service, it's not like it was marketed as anything great when it's actually so-so at best or even crap like Avatar...seriously, that piece of crap was a sci-fi ripoff of Lawrence of Arabia and people said it's the best thing ever? Avatards! Anyway, back on topic, it's not worth getting angry over a dumb show which wasn't supposed to be good anyway. I could still watch it and enjoy it for what it is because hey, at least Japanese marketers don't put crap in your face and call it ice cream like Hollywood did in the past decade. You'd have to be stupid to think Ecchi/Harems and whatnot could give you a great time, these genres rarely allow greatness to be produced, only good ones at the top of my head would be Ranma 1/2 and Tenchi Universe, and those are just harems, and next to no ecchi.
I'm not calling Kampfer crap or anything, but it's nowhere something I'd die to see.

I'm only going to say this once: STOP BITCHING ABOUT S23 NOT DUBBING A NEW LICENSES! THEY ARE DUBBING, ITS JUST THAT THE ADR IS BEING DONE IN SECRET!!!!

Not that I care that much, but are you saying they're dubbing shows that have already been released or announced as sub only, or are you saying they're dubbing titles that have yet to be announced?

Both.
InnocentSorrow59

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:06 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
the-antihero wrote:

-_- Dude. Calm down. So they want a dub, can you blame 'em?
God knows that I pray Sentai won't get any of my favorite non-licensed titles, because the chances of them getting dubs go down the crapper.

Hmm, the only thing on the list that interests me a bit is 11eyes, but only because I heard the opening theme. And it's epic.
Aside from that, nothing. Everything else doesn't really interest me.

I guess I'll check it out. The only definite thing on my list from Sentai is CANAAN and Hell Girl.
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:33 pm Reply with quote
LeanGreen wrote:
I liked a few aspects of 11eyes, spoiler[like the relationship between the delinquent boy and the regenerating girl], but all in all it was very generic and overdone. I didn't finish it.
11eyes was the simulcast I finished that taught me that sometimes a simulcast should be dropped in episode three. If it was something I was on the edge of buying, the promise of including the OVA could well put more over the edge ... but not for 11eyes, where I regret watching the episodes I already have.

Quote:
However, I still have to do this...
PLEASE PLEASE LICENSE KAIBA AND SASAMEKI KOTO!! ... and maybe Hatsukoi Limited if you get around to it. THANKS!
... I don't know about Kaiba, but Sasameki Koto seems to me more like a Nozomi title than a Sentai/Section23 title.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Well, as long as Koihime Muso is released uncensored, and I'd imagine it would be, I'll certainly pick it up. The chibi character cutaways was a cute censoring model, but I'll take the full fanservice, thanks. Hopefully this will lead to the other seasons being released too, but since it such a loose adaptation, there's no real loss if the rest never comes over I guess, so I won't be out anything even if this is all we get.

I'll also be picking up Kampfer. No, it wasn't groundbreaking, earth shattering stuff, but I never felt like it was trying to be either. I did greatly enjoy the Entrails Animals though. Maybe now I'll actually see some Disemboweled Tiger and Electrocuted Wildcat plushies for sale at conventions.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:56 pm Reply with quote
If they were to license anything with "Koihime" in the title I would have prefered this and the sequel instead. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8