• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Mike Toole Show - A Very Anime Christmas

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Wierd Christmas Special, with wierd Christmas song:

John Denver and the Muppets singing "Please Daddy Don't Get Drunk This Christmas".

I used to have the sound track on 33 1/3, not sure why though.
Tsunami3k

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
No mention of that Big O Christmas episode would be complete without a link to this video, featuring Weird Al's "Christmas at Ground Zero." A song that is no doubt older than many of the users around here Embarassed

Hehe, no worries. Some of us still remember when "Eat It" came out.

Zalis116 wrote:
@Tsunami3k -- great list, and here's a few more:

Egads, dude. That's a fantastic cache of additions. I hadn't planned on updating the list here but I can't resist adding so many new ones. Thanks for taking the time to list them all out Zalis.

Mike Toole wrote:
...That said, I do appreciate the suggestions, particularly Tsunami3k's incredibly exhaustive list. It's going to be difficult to resist using it as a cheat sheet for some sort of Christmas column next year.

You're more than welcome to do so. It hardly seems worthwhile to burn time re-compiling a list that's already there. Besides, a list does not an article make; I'm devilishly curious as to what kind of article would result from it.

I'd offer to share my other [rather more ridiculous] "Ultimate" list sometime but it's been stewing on the back-burner of my head for some time now and has yet to make its way to a keyboard. For reasons inexplicable even to me, I have an odd desire to catalog all episodes in which people are standing on rooftops. The problem is that there are countless episodes that qualify.

It's kind of amazing to me, though, that such a scene barely registers with your average seasoned Western anime fan yet, at the same time, it's rather rare behavior for the majority of Western fans to partake in.

I suppose that's getting a bit off topic lest I pose the open query of any Christmas scenes taking place on rooftops. I'll resume my regularly scheduled lurking. Cheers!
Veers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:00 pm Reply with quote
CaptainFalcon wrote:
Okay, in my opinion, the best Christmas episode ever in existance is the Christmas episode in Kyouran Kazoku Nikki/Crazy Family's Diary in which...

Well, let me just say Kamehameha waves and muscular men are involved.

No contest. Yuouran Kazoku Nikki's Christmas episode tops everything in the list, hands down. (It's episode 21 if anyone wants to look it up.)
The World We Know

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:51 pm Reply with quote
*beginning of shameless promotional post*

I'm running through a list of anime Christmas episodes running through the 12 days leading to Christmas. Up today? Macross!

*end of same post*
eva88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Oh and Karas
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5