• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Miyu Matsuki Passes Away

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EleutheroMaster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:23 am Reply with quote
Oh, man... Crying or Very sad
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:27 am Reply with quote
Playing through Zestiria right now as well.

RIP Mrs. Matsuki. You have become a Seraphim now.
Watch over and guide us Lady of the Lake, Lailah. Crying or Very sad
arimareiji

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:29 am Reply with quote
My condolences to everyone who loved her... I hope her soul rests in peace, and in all the happiness she brought to others, wherever she may be. (﹒︠₋﹒︡)

I wasn't familiar with most of her work, but she did a wonderful job as Kuuko in Haiyore! Nyaruko-san - and the fact that she could voice roles as diverse as Kuuko and Saginomiya Isumi is pretty amazing.

Yuxing wrote:
maoyen wrote:
Quote:
She said at the time that she had a fever since the start of the year that wouldn't recede, and then found out she had acute pneumonia after repeatedly going to the hospital for check-ups

Isn't that something they should have caught immediately? Seriously, Pneumonia's not exactly fatal anymore. Especially at 37.

My guess is the pneumonia came from being immunosuppressed due to a chronic illness. =(

That might be the case, but pneumonia can unquestionably be fatal even for those who aren't immunosuppressed - sometimes with incredible speed, which might explain why everyone is in such shock. Shiraishi Ryoko's Twitter, which is where I found out, is full of responses like "I want to believe it's a lie" and "I still can't believe it".

My older sister died of pneumonia ten years ago, not much older than Matsuki-san. She was an RN, so she would have known when it reached the stage of calling someone for help, but the last time anyone saw her was when she left work for the weekend. When she didn't come back from the weekend, her coworkers were concerned and immediately had someone check on her - but she was already gone.
RichardFromMarple

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:46 am Reply with quote
It's very sad to hear Miyu Matsuki is no longer with us, especially as she was only 6 months older than me.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei was the first Anime I got into in a big way, where she voiced Harumi Fujiyoshi, so it feels quite bad for me.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:48 am Reply with quote
My condolence to her family,friends & fans. Rest in peace.

While I may never know her, I can't help but I'm shocked when someone so young and so energitic to leave the world so soon.

And on top of that, she died on October 27 which happens to be my birthday. So depressing. Sad
xotaku4lifex

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:00 am Reply with quote
This really sucks Sad She still had so much potential too. With this news and the weather where I live right now, my day is going to be sad. May she rest in peace and I hope her family, friends, and fans can get through this.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:16 am Reply with quote
Such tragic news. I too was shocked to read this. So young and a bride as well. My sincere condolances to her widower and both families and friends. May Kami-Sama grant them strength to endure and may he grant her a higher level in her next life. Rest In Peace. Crying or Very sad
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:35 am Reply with quote
Too young and how sad way to go... R.I.P.
Splitter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:53 am Reply with quote
Wow, didn't expect to wake up to this today... what a tragedy. I always loved when Miyu Matsuki would show up in something. Her voice was unmistakeable with other seiyuu. She was always an absolute treat as Yoshinoya-sensei in Hidamari Sketch.

I can only express my deepest condolences to her friends and family. 38 is too young for anyone to go.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Such a young age to die at. My condolences to her family and friends.
Yuxing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:15 pm Reply with quote
arimareiji wrote:

That might be the case, but pneumonia can unquestionably be fatal even for those who aren't immunosuppressed - sometimes with incredible speed, which might explain why everyone is in such shock. Shiraishi Ryoko's Twitter, which is where I found out, is full of responses like "I want to believe it's a lie" and "I still can't believe it".

My older sister died of pneumonia ten years ago, not much older than Matsuki-san. She was an RN, so she would have known when it reached the stage of calling someone for help, but the last time anyone saw her was when she left work for the weekend. When she didn't come back from the weekend, her coworkers were concerned and immediately had someone check on her - but she was already gone.

I was basing my guess on the fact that she had a chronic fever since the beginning of 2015, took a hiatus in July, and was constantly getting check-ups at the hospital. Not exactly sudden. Pneumonia is a common cause of death in immunosuppressed patients.

We'll never know, and it doesn't matter now, but my condolences to both her family and yours.
Space☆Candy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:45 pm Reply with quote
This is very sad ,38 is too young.R.I.P Crying or Very sad
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Despite it's 2015, 2014 doesn't just want to end. 2014 sucks.
SweetCoconut

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Woahhh, men I'm speechless. I really like her performance in Shimoneta. RIP
TnAdct1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:51 pm Reply with quote
To me, she'll be best remembered as Yoshinoya-sensei from Hidamari Sketch.

RIP
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6