• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime at Timbaland / Timberlake Concert

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Kouji wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:

I think Don't say you love me had something to do with Ash and Misty. There was a song on 2BA Master called Misty's song in which she confessed she really loved Ash.

I wasn't a member here back then but was a big uproar when that soundtrack was annouced? Nsync ad 98 degrees were boybands on that cd. I feel its one of the thing 4kids might have done right.
But Don't Say You Love Me wasn't used in any of the Misty-centric episodes of Pokemon. It was used during the ending credits of Pokemon The First Movie which doesn't have anything to do with falling in love. And the soundtrack which you're referring to with boy bands and pop music singers on it wasn't 2BA Master. That was the soundtrack to Pokemon The First Movie which featured songs from and "inspired" by the movie. How anyone can be "inspired" by Pokemon is a mystery beyond me, especially when very little of the songs on that cd actually had anything to do with the plot of the film. Rolling Eyes

I left out a bit of my words...i should have said: ...was there a big uproar when the movie soundtrack was announced? i think most of the songs fit the movie. with the exception of araon carter's song, britney spears, and that get happy song.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:39 am Reply with quote
What's with all the Justin hate?

It's not like anime is being repeatedly raped in the anus every time splices in an anime clip somewhere in the vicinity of one of his concerts. It was just one of those, "haha, this is neat" moments. The entire time, he was splicing in a lot of "cool" video segments, like that creepy mask dude thing from Saw 4 (3? 4?) and what not. I thought to myself, "Man, you know what would fit into this? Anime." and BAM. ANIME.

It totally worked, but you kinda had to be there, I guess.

And to whomever made that "At least Linkin Park plays instruments," I'd like to point out for reference that Justin plays both the guitar and the piano.

(Gah, I forgot who asked, but I was at the Anaheim show.)
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:54 am Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:06 am Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:44 am Reply with quote
The Smoking Gun is a good source.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:15 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Oops, sorry, I didn't noticed the other thing you posted was a link until just now.

That's a pretty....stupid thing he did, though, (if he did do it). He definately deserves some scorn for that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
moin126

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:27 pm Reply with quote
''to try and think that it is some underground thing and that only the 'cool' underground people who 'get it' can only watch anime is asinine.''

shit here in holland thats our mindset (you nailed it and i know its a wrong way to think). Its totally upside down from what is happening in usa with anime and manga.

ITS only for the cool kids Cool (ok and some geeks but whatever).
I dont like it when to many poeple watch a show , honestly. Altough i dont have a problem with naruto.
But i can understand in usa it must be more annoying having everyone watch bebop and champloo. cause when you watch those things you copy styles.
It becomes part of you, Man i dress like a [expletive] ninja going to school.
All the b-boys in holland are kakashi's and itachi's : Confused
Its no fun when everyone is riding the same bike, But i enjoyed your post. Very Happy
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:10 am Reply with quote
Sakechan
Quote:
And to whomever made that "At least Linkin Park plays instruments," I'd like to point out for reference that Justin plays both the guitar and the piano.

Why are so many anime fans so quick to say anything Linkin park does is a ok because they like anime?

MorwenLaicoriel wrote:
GATSU wrote:

Oops, sorry, I didn't noticed the other thing you posted was a link until just now.

That's a pretty....stupid thing he did, though, (if he did do it). He definately deserves some scorn for that.

But the thing is these people aren't talking about him because of that. If they did I could tottaly understand but they're getting their knickers in a twist because he's part of pop culture. Which makes it ten times worse.

But you know...I don't remember hearing about that incident. But it seems weird. Sure it was on IMDB but why would they make her go upstairs with him if she's 1.. underage and 2.shouting insults? Seems fishy to me.

But thats another discussion for another time...and another site, lol[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gary leeman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:38 pm Reply with quote
it might have been a slow news day, but it got everyone talking...
Torhu_San

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:19 am Reply with quote
I have nothing against Justin Timberlake or him using anime at his shows. Maybe (just a maybe) he is a fan of the show. I mean, Bare Naked Ladies quoted Sailor Moon in one of their songs. If I was famous, I would plug all the stuff that I like....ie anime, less than jake, the cincinnati bengals. I think it's sad when people get all huffy over stuff like that. It's pretty childish. Confused
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:07 am Reply with quote
Torhu_San wrote:
I have nothing against Justin Timberlake or him using anime at his shows. Maybe (just a maybe) he is a fan of the show. I mean, Bare Naked Ladies quoted Sailor Moon in one of their songs. If I was famous, I would plug all the stuff that I like....ie anime, less than jake, the cincinnati bengals. I think it's sad when people get all huffy over stuff like that. It's pretty childish. Confused

Me like one Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 Z-Tune. The worlds best track-domination car that japan has to offer.

So where the hell is my car Nissan?!?! Drop your flagship car like that!! Better be paid for dropping stuff like that!!

----------------------

And that is an example of why Artists drop names like that. Mostly to get free stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if Geneon is giving Timberland some free swag because of that.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:34 am Reply with quote
Heh.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5