• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Snow White with the Red Hair (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:28 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Zen is assigning Mitsuhide to Shirayuki, Mitsuhide is always at his side and he trusts him more than anyone else, so he is serious. Obi seems a little bit upset over it because he knows that Zen knows that he has no tasks, so he should be the one to protect her.

On another site someone suggested Obi might go along as well to provide support but hide in the shadows as he usually does. That sounded plausible to me.

Mitsuhide is a more likely ambassador since he has a long-standing position at court alongside Zen and probably has a better command of etiquette than Obi.

Every time I see Mitsuhide's name I wonder whether he is going to turn against Zen at some point like his historical namesake did at Honnouji.
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:53 pm Reply with quote
I was happy to see these characters again and excited to see that there seems to be some plot threads for this season. I did notice that the character designs and animation seemed off at points compared to the first season.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:51 pm Reply with quote
season two, episode one

This episode has me wondering about Izana's plans regarding Shirayuki. He's the sort that always has an angle. The show has been careful to characterize him in a very hazy way - they've established he's not and outright villain and that he's not an straightforward idealist like Zen but that leaves a lot of middle-ground. So he agrees to send our protagonist back off to Tanbarun (after receiving a crash course in noble etiquette) but little indication as to whether he considers this laying groundwork for the inevitable or proving an opportunity for derailment.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:49 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 2:

Shirayuki really is taking her responsibility on her trip and goals now. Nice. I think she got a decent amount of chemistry with Zen this episode too. I have no doubt that their relationship will remain strong if they keep their connection close.

As usual, Bones adapts the setting with fantastical visuals. Good episode overall. I still think Raj is a bit of an idiot and airhead by the way he reacted to Shirayuki showing up lol. At least their relationship seems to have improved compared to their initial encounter by the looks of it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:48 pm Reply with quote
season two, episode two

As much as I understand why it's more interesting for Obi to go along with Shirayuki, I almost kind of hoped Mitsuhide had gone as initially planned. For one thing, Shirayuki and Mitsuhide haven't had as much direct interaction and for another Mitsuhide knows more about Zen than Obi, giving Shirayuki a way to learn about Zen indirectly.

I know they're setting a complicated set of relationships there in Tanbarun, but the only real question is if Raji's feet will survive Shirayuki's dancing.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:00 pm Reply with quote
^LOL

Yes, between Obi squirming, Raj squirming, and Zen and Shirayuki being really cute at night, that was an enjoyable episode.

I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen with Raj. Though he's not really a character of good moral, I have always found him entertaining, to say the least. He's such a DORK. Laughing

Dunno if I mentioned this in the first cour but I love the way Obi talks. His seiyuu fits him perfectly.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Really enjoying Obi's characterization ; he's very self-possessed for a man falling in love with his master's partner.

Also yeah, having Obi accompany her instead of Mitsuhide leaves the impression that any man who has significant contact with Shirayuki falls in love with her, which is entertaining and understandable.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:37 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 3:

Not bad. I got an adventure feeling from this episode.

Nice to see Rona and Eugena as well. Rona's curiosity about Shirayuki was cute to watch. It's good that Obi managed to find them as they were lost too. Weird ending though. I smell trouble coming...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm really enjoying watching Raj's attendant in the background. :)

Hopefully there's a more direct route to the greenhouse if Red should take him up on the offer to visit it again.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:37 am Reply with quote
I was thinking that was a lot of guards, apparently they were all on duty as an excuse to watch what was happening.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:08 pm Reply with quote
season two, episode three

It was really nice to see some flourishes of high quality animation again. I had been missing those since this new season began and while there was just a touch of it in episode two, it wasn't enough to slake my thirst.

I'm hoping to see more development on Raj's two little siblings. They're the best new characters to pop up so far, and I'll be crushed if they're wasted.

I'm not really feeling the menace from the Kazuki plot. Rather than hyping up the threat so much, it'd be nice if we can just get to the point where it inevitably becomes an interesting conflict of characters.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:51 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 4:

Well I thought this week's episode was interesting.

We got more focus on Raj as Rona tries to set him up with Shirayuki. Seems like he is quite annoyed with it though lol. But in the meantime, I think he is taking his previous conversation about a 'change in relationship' with Shirayuki seriously. Also, some nice chemistry between Shirayuki and Obi this episode.

I think trouble is picking up from here. Should be interesting to see how this will develop with Zen trying to rush into the face of danger to help Shirayuki. Can't wait for next week Very Happy
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Ooooooh things are gettin gooooood.

I can't believe Raj can play the violin that nicely! Anime hyper But I guess I shouldn't expect him to fail at everything. Still, that's really classy and that's why it's shocking. LOL.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:16 am Reply with quote
The end and in preview have set things up to be pretty intense. Shirayuki getting kidnapped is a thing that happened a few times earlier in the series, and ironically 2 of those people have been involved in this arc.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:34 pm Reply with quote
season two, episode four

I don't know how they're going to fit into the coming arc, but I want more screen time for Raj's little siblings. This new villain is boring so far but the kids are are awesome. Forget Obi & Zen, I want them to save Shirayuki, Goonies-style.

Also, Shirayuki better get a chance to crush some toes later on. I've been way more excited about the prospect of her dancing than the whole kidnapping plot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10