• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thesarum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:32 am Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
Laughing C'mon, can't I get stupidly creative sometimes?

(Yeah, should've gone with my first instinct to leave that out. Smile )

Don't deprive me of the opportunity to make bad jokes. Crying or Very sad I don't want to have to go to the effort of working out how to make good ones.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:13 am Reply with quote
Ruhrpottpatriot wrote:
Apart from the Denatus at the beginning, this Episode was more of a slow-paced recap episode fit for a BD. Not great not terrible; but it set up the next arc quite well -- and that is bonkers.

Actually, more than half of this episode was anime-original. The only scenes directly from the novel are the Denatus scene (though it came near the beginning of this arc instead), the scene in the recovery room with the elves and dwarves thanking Bell, (partly) the effort to drag Bell off to a drinking party, and the final scene. The rest is very in-character-for-the-series filler.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:33 am Reply with quote
They didn't censor Cassandra's premonition. I hope they don't skip or censor anything in the coming eps
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:51 pm Reply with quote
That was quite the vision to open the episode with...and I'm not just talking about Cassandra waking up practically naked (but boy did the camera show that off).

I appreciate Cassandra's efforts to try and circumvent her visions knowing no one will believe her and that she can't stop Bell. I also appreciate that she wouldn't leave them behind even knowing how dangerous it was going to be.

It was nice to see Asfi and the Hermes Familia. For once it seems like Hermes won't contribute to the problems Bell is facing this season!

That Nazha tail wiggle! You enjoy your time with Miach, girl! Also those Hestia legs.

I'm not really sure what Hestia will do? Will she find out about Ryu hunting down possibly remnants of the group that killed her Familia?
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:08 am Reply with quote
Its one thing to read it in the novels and another to see it animated but damn is Ryu scary when she's seriously pissed.
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
We don't know how she learned that a survivor of her earlier rampage was still around,

We actually saw it a few episodes ago. Ryu was helping Asfi's Familia investigate Knossos, which is a hive for the remnants of Evilus and black market types like the monster poachers from S3, and she saw him when he was trying to escape.

There was also a nice extra story in Danmemo this week which was from Ryu's perspective. Did a good job of showing what we kind of already know. Ryu was so upset when Bell showed up because he's one of the few people she actually cares about what he thinks of her. She believes she's tainted, that she has thrown justice away and fallen back into her thirst for vengeance, but she doesn't want those pure eyes to look at her and see that.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Amuro1X wrote:

We actually saw it a few episodes ago.

Whoops, completely forgot about that. Embarassed I was so busy trying to remember if we saw Astraea Familia's demise on-screen that I got that one wrong. (It was so vivid in the books.)
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:34 pm Reply with quote
I love how Aisha's go to moves are violence and sex.

I'm guessing that giant snake might be part of what Cassandra's prophecy is warning them about...

Seems like Ryu is on the warpath after finding a remnant of Evilus, and doesn't want Bell to see her like this, but I wonder if there's more to it. I don't think this Jura guy has been on the straight and narrow and there's that stone Bell found...but I wonder if we'll get Bell vs Ryu before that happens.
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:01 am Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
Whoops, completely forgot about that. Embarassed I was so busy trying to remember if we saw Astraea Familia's demise on-screen that I got that one wrong. (It was so vivid in the books.)

We're certainly going to see it though not during this cour anyway
catstigereye

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:33 am Reply with quote
Let’s see, True terror is coming. Due to …. Let’s just say it’s a menace only faces ounce before. This is gonna be great if they do it justice! I hope the animation quality remains high! Any one know how many episodes this core is?
Ruhrpottpatriot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:38 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
.but I wonder if we'll get Bell vs Ryu before that happens.

We'll get something even better
Thesarum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:08 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I'm guessing that giant snake might be part of what Cassandra's prophecy is warning them about...

For some reason the red goat eye in the extended version of the premonition this episode makes me think of the black minitour from last season (even though I don't think his eyes are like that). He's still down here on the lower floors somewhere isn't he? It doesn't belong to the snake either, though that presumably is relevant too. We weren't shown it for no reason It's clearly not Ryu's eye either. Have we met a powerful monster with a goat eye before?

Bell faces a clear test of faith and challenge to his worldview. The question is whether he can see past that to a solution in time to prevent tragedy. (he and the core Hestia crew will clearly come out the other side, but that doesn't mean there won't be collateral damage).

I also hope Cassandra manages to navigate her visions too. I want her to feel like she's managed to achieve something. It a particularly nasty curse to see the future and be unable to do anything about it. She's trying so hard this time. It'd crush her to fail.
Ruhrpottpatriot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Thesarum wrote:
For some reason the red goat eye in the extended version of the premonition this episode makes me think of the black minitour from last season

It's something else and as a Monster Rex on an entirely different level; even compared to the Moss Huge.
But going further into details would be heavy spoilers for LN Volumes 13 and 14.
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Just posting this now as I happened to be on the site when I remembered, but in an earlier episode (and still relevant now I suppose), other adventurers were looking for anyone with a connection to Ryu's alias and came up short. But didn't Ryu very publicly (in disguise as Gale) help in the battle against Apollo? It was broadcast everywhere. Did everyone just forget?
Or am I the one forgetting something?
Ruhrpottpatriot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Just posting this now as I happened to be on the site when I remembered, but in an earlier episode (and still relevant now I suppose), other adventurers were looking for anyone with a connection to Ryu's alias and came up short. But didn't Ryu very publicly (in disguise as Gale) help in the battle against Apollo? It was broadcast everywhere. Did everyone just forget?
Or am I the one forgetting something?

She participated, as did she in the battle against the goliath on Floor 18, but nobody made the connection. Without spoilering too much from the next episodes: The guild outlawed her and did some other things, so people still know her name but don't know how she looks. This becomes a plot point later this seasons, assuming they adapt Volumes 13 and 14 completely.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 15