• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Ninja Slayer From Animation

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:39 pm Reply with quote
You know what dear Editors? Put the next poll regarding which shows should be covered by the staff front and center on the site as i only noticed the result but not the actually thing and i normally vote in these... The Slayer would still have perished but still.
The continuous smoking regardless of a bum lung is an all around international trope as DC´s Constantine did it too and i would love to see more traditional Ninja as Sanpei Shirato´s Kamui getting a homage in the future. (Kamui is still the best Ninja ever you all and i reviewed his epic on MU and amazon.) Sayonara! <b'toom!>

Last edited by residentgrigo on Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
chex mix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Hellwarden wrote:
Mike, you YEART with the best of them.

SAYONARA!

+9000
AholePony

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I'm sad to see this drop off the weekly list but I am at the same time happy that you did not recite your death haiku and will have a follow-up review. Smile
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:18 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
You know what dear editors. Put the next poll regarding which shows should be covered but the staff front and center on the site as i only noticed the result but not the actually thing and i normally vote in these... The Slayer would still have perished but still.
The continuous smoking regardless of a bum lung is an all around international trope as DC´s Constantine did it too and i would love to see more traditional Ninja as Sanpei Shirato´s Kamui getting a homage in the future. (Kamui is still the best Ninja ever you all and i reviewed his epic on MU and amazon.) Sayonara! <b'toom!>

Ia ctualyl tought like, in last season cahnge, shows that carried over from oen season to the other would also carry over on being reviewed.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Tried watching this. I have watched Aqua Team Hunger Force, sporadically. Didn't like the cutout animation, but sometimes the humor carried it through. But for Ninja Slayer this really didn't work for me. I'd have to rate it underneath ATHF.

I like ninja movies and anime. But I guess you have to be a real ninja-phile to really appreciate this anime.

This would be a good fit for the normal late night Adult Swim line-up, but I wouldn't want it taking up a slot on the anime Toonami line-up.

Sort of weird seeing all the praise and love for this show. Makes you feel like the scruffy kid walking down a dirt road, and watching all the neighborhood kids having fun at a backyard birthday party.
Hyperdrve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:07 pm Reply with quote
I just recently finished watching Kill la Kill and found it to be f@__ing amazing. Naturally I'd go search for other work produced by the same studio, which led me to Ninja Slayer. Going from the intro, I assume that Ninja Slayer might be a studio project to train new animators? Similar to what @TarsTarkas mentioned, this show plays a lot like an Adult Swim cartoon but worse. I've only watched episode 15, which came out last week. Assuming that it might be some animation experiment, this show might have some potential. I'll have to watch the rest of the episodes to decide.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7