• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass Gets New Project & Anime Compilation Film Trilogy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Re:SOUL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:53 pm Reply with quote
The series as a whole is a perfect 10/10. It ended so well and perfectly that I'm apprehensive about a new series.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:27 am Reply with quote
thieftheodore wrote:
new compilation movie? I thought that was already exist with black rebellion and zero requirm

that is what i thought as well cause it was said that those youtube videos of him being the driver of that wagon was supposed to have been a directors cut scene from the zero requiem movie.

regardless, this announcement more or less confirms that those clips are indeed real and not fake. though most of us already knew that he was still alive. especially for those that read the manga. personally i wouldnt have minded if new project would have been the knightmare of nunnaly anime adaptation or the nunnaly in wonderland adaptation since that spin off manga along with the CG: Queens manga were the most like and most popular spinoff mangas of the whole series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
louis6578

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:11 am Reply with quote
Speaking of which, does anyone actually get excited when their favorite show gets a compilation film? A film reboot like Berserk makes sense because they redid everything, but the exact scenes from the show but shorter? Unless it's a shounen anime without all the fillers, I say don't bother.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:46 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
Speaking of which, does anyone actually get excited when their favorite show gets a compilation film?

Lol I want to say "No, they are stupid, pointless, and I hate them" BUT

I liked Gurren Lagann's second movie WAY more than the ending to the TV series.
louis6578

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:34 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
louis6578 wrote:
Speaking of which, does anyone actually get excited when their favorite show gets a compilation film?

Lol I want to say "No, they are stupid, pointless, and I hate them" BUT

I liked Gurren Lagann's second movie WAY more than the ending to the TV series.

That's one of the few exceptions because, while the plot is almost exact, they actually redid everything. It's the difference between the parts of Hellsing that stayed faithful to the manga and Hellsing Ultimate. I also liked the scenes that the Death Note Relight movies had that were unique to them, though they don't really justify the entire rest of their content.

The one anime compilation film that I'll stand by that doesn't really add much are the two Madoka Magica ones. Why? Because they're about as long as the show and the scenes that were added or subtracted don't really change much of anything. I'm not saying I prefer it to the show, but it's a valid alternative that still gives you the emotion and drama of the original without losing much.
jroa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:55 pm Reply with quote
thieftheodore wrote:
new compilation movie? I thought that was already exist with black rebellion and zero requirm

Technically no, since those two compilation features were never actually shown in any theaters and had absolutely no new footage. Just some different stills when the ED track plays.

This will probably have a different total running time (three films instead of two), meaning that they can modify what is or isn't being cut out, as well as introduce changes.

jr240483 wrote:

hat is what i thought as well cause it was said that those youtube videos of him being the driver of that wagon was supposed to have been a directors cut scene from the zero requiem movie.

For those who want to know the facts....that's completely and utterly false.

The Special Edition Zero Requiem does not include the epilogue sequence at all. It ends with the debut of the new Zero doing his job and killing the Evil Emperor, so to speak.

Quote:

regardless, this announcement more or less confirms that those clips are indeed real and not fake. though most of us already knew that he was still alive. especially for those that read the manga.

That first line makes no sense. Those old clips are still fan made. The new footage for the compilations: a) doesn't even exist yet, so nobody knows what it will look like. b) probably isn't going to be as crummy as those youtube videos that have inconsistent marks from broadcast raws that appear and disappear.

In fact, I'd laugh if they actually end up using a different explanation that's not related to the fan theory.
NoxNyx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:28 pm Reply with quote
wooooo!!!! it's been so many yearss!! maybe lelouch kinda 'observe' on back in this new movie/anime if he is going to be back? "if" he is all this time alivespoiler[,(or you know theories saying that he got charles code and now immortal, bla.. bla..)] i doubt that he will show his face to the black night suzaku/zero, kallen, or nunally so easily, this is the guy who keep wearing mask whether as zero or demon emperor in r1 and r2, maybe they will keep the premise of lelouch wearing mask again in r3? who know
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7