• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ad redirecting

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeigiNoSenshi

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I'm the only one that's getting this since there hasn't been a report on it and I've been getting it for days, but on some visits, I'm getting redirected to ad.iconadserver.com
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Your entire browser session is redirected to ad.iconadserver.com ?

That's not good. If you see it happen again, please look at the bottom of the page and you'll see a line that says "ads by ...."

Please tell us what it says after "ads by" (it will be a name of an advertiser or ad network.

Hopefully you can click "back" to get to ANN and stop a subsequent redirect so that you can get this info.

-t
SeigiNoSenshi

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Here's what I've gathered so far, it appears to be the top Gorilla Nation banner, perhaps combined with a problem with my IE:

1. Only happens in IE9, Firefox works fine

2. Happens on the first visit only, pressing back redirects again almost immediately (so I can't directly check the problem, but back, stop, refresh changes the ads, and allows for normal browsing), never happens again any number of refreshes or page changes, but happens again if I close and go back.

3. Never happens while logged in, visiting first time (without refreshing) while logged in almost always yields the a top Gorilla Nation banner that doesn't show

4. A considerable amount of (ironically the non-anime) ads never show, the only ones that do are the Netflix ad, and rarely the top AT&T one.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Does this happen to you on any other sites ?

On your first visit to the site tomorrow, instead of however you usually arrive, can you try visiting this URL first:

animenewsnetwork.com/?now_testing_banner_id=7774 (so copy it for tomorrow)

Let me know if the redirect occurs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1