• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southkaio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Henry CARR (147824)

It's either Peter BRADBURY or David MANIS (190683). Any confirmation who Henry Carr really is?
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Can someone MERGE the Rena Strober and Rena S. Mandel pages into one please?

Alias: Rena S. Mandel (135473)

Even her resume on her website has her Sailor Moon roles which she used under her Rena S. Mandel page.
Reference: Rena Strober's VO Resume
kpossibles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:17 am Reply with quote
Please merge Steve Dutro person#6607 and Stephen Dutro person#56755

It's obviously the same person, but he's credited under his full name. I'm pretty sure that he will still be credited under both names.
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I. Dave B. Mitchell (person#135643) (main name), Dave Mitchell (person#183631) (variant, No MI), David B. Mitchell (person#65598) (variant, full first name), Russell Nash (person#111835) (alias) and Raymond K. Essel (person#180920) (alias)
Dave Mitchell is how Dave B. is credited for Aggretsuko (per the source for his entry, the ending credits themselves), though the credit is actually for Season 2, or Aggretsuko (ONA 2) on this site. Casting & VO Director Patrick Seitz confirmed Dave B.’s involvement in Season 2 on Twitter, and Mitchell himself even confirmed his role of Shirota a few days later.
The less common variant David B. is how Mitchell was credited for his roles in the Mortal Kombat franchise, such as MK11. The David B. in Highlander: The Search for Vengeance, is also him (the film had additional casting done in Los Angeles, the list including Stephanie Sheh and Ogie (Hank) Banks).
In promoting his role in Catherine: Full Body, Mitchell tweeted that he “reprise[d] [his] role as Steve Delhomme.” While Mitchell is credited in-game for Full Body, Russell Nash was credited in the original Catherine.
Following the release of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Mitchell replied to a tweet that congratulated him being in the game as Alois and Lonato – both of whom were credited to Raymond K. Essel in-game.

II. Megan Harvey (person#27204) (main/birth name), Megan Rogers (person#194884) (married name) and Megan Rodgers (person#183632) (mistype of married name)
As with the case of Dave Mitchell for Aggretsuko (ONA 2) above, Patrick Seitz identified Megan Taylor Harvey’s Twitter handle (and thus her primary name) despite whatever name was used in the show itself. Process of elimination in the cast credits leaves only Megan Rogers. As it turns out, Megan is married to a Patrick Rogers. Rogers is the correct spelling, as seen in the show’s credits. Rodgers is a mistype.

III. Brad Venable (person#115170) (real name) and D. Roy Bradley (person#178757) (alias)
Before Fire Emblem: Three Houses released, Venable was among those who announced their roles, saying he was Kostas. The in-game credits, however, credit D. Roy instead.

IV. Zachary T. Rice (person#167207) (more complete name) and Zachary Rice (person#163153) (variant)
Zachary’s SoundCloud has two voice over reels with slight variances between them: one for Zachary, one for Zachary T. Unfortunately, his Twitter was deactivated and his Instagram went private in the last year (both of those platforms referenced roles used under both names), so this is the best proof readily available now.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:56 pm Reply with quote
<snip>

4kidsidentifier wrote:
IV. Zachary T. Rice [...] Unfortunately, his Twitter was deactivated and his Instagram went private in the last year (both of those platforms referenced roles used under both names), so this is the best proof readily available now.

That looks like a very nice job on researching your proposed changes. I am wondering, however: how you tried checking his Twitter and Instagram accounts via the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine and Archive.today? There may be proof saved thanks to one or both of those sites.

Never mind--his ANN page still has the links, but neither his Twitter account or his Instagram account works with either archiving site. Still, I'm posting this for your future reference, just in case this idea hadn't occurred to you, or you are unaware of either archiving site.
Hpilbog31

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:09 am Reply with quote
done

Last edited by Hpilbog31 on Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
skemono

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Tomoko Kimura (person#184539)
Tomo Kimura (person#50977)

Could someone please merge these with an "Also Known As"? These are the same person. Kimura's full given name does appear to be Tomoko, according to the kanji on her Twitter.

Tomoko Kimura is only credited with translating BEASTARS, but Tomo Kimura's Twitter, website, and LinkedIn page all say that she's doing the translation.
https://twitter.com/tkimura_tokyo
https://tkimura.net/viz-seinen-shonen/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/tomo-kimura-manga/

Also this MyAnimeList article calls her both Tomo and Tomoko:
https://myanimelist.net/featured/1959/Tips_on_Translating_Manga_Dialogue
kpossibles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Can you separate Teiko (seiyuu) and teiko (Editor) into separate entries?

I confirmed w the JNC editor that she isn't secretly a seiyuu Anime smile;

person#179808
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:00 pm Reply with quote
I. Hikaru Ikuta (person#192329) (correct reading) and Hikaru Ikita (person#190281) (incorrect reading)

One of the students (生徒) in Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! Episode 4 is credited to Hikaru (生田 ひかる) (3rd from the bottom). Credits screenshot is below:
Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! Episode 4 Cast

Ikuta is the correct reading of her family name, as verifiable by her Ken Production Agency Profile, which includes her Eizouken! role.

II. Jackie Lastra (person#165281) (main name) and Jackie Lynn (person#173655) (alias)
Lastra announced voicing Noel and Fio in The Testament of Sister New Devil BURST on Twitter. Additionally, Jackie’s Instagram (directly accessible from her website) is named for Lynn rather than Lastra like her other social media platforms.

III. Matthew Wollenman (person#147261) (full/main name) and Matt Wollenman (person#162894) (variant)

In Beyblade Burst Turbo, Matthew was initially credited in the series as Matt for his Recording Engineer role. By ep 13 he started to use Matthew, alternating with Matt. In ep 16 Wollenman had his first credit as a Dialogue Editor (Matthew) with Recording Engineer (Matt). From ep 20 onward he only used Matthew. Screenshots from eps 13-16 are provided below:

Beyblade Burst Turbo Episode 13
Beyblade Burst Turbo Episode 14
Beyblade Burst Turbo Episode 15
Beyblade Burst Turbo Episode 16

IV. Brian Timothy Anderson (person#174726) (full/main name) and Brian Anderson (person#151335) (variant)

In Beyblade Burst Rise, Brian was initially credited as Brian Anderson, but started going by his full name of Brian Timothy Anderson shortly thereafter, as he had done in Turbo. Screenshots are below:

Beyblade Burst Rise Episode 1b (JPN ep 2)
Beyblade Burst Rise Episode 6a (JPN ep 11)

Additionally, some of the credits added to person#151335 source screenshots that use the person#174726 name (Carole & Tuesday, March comes in like a lion, and Record of Grancrest War).

Finally, compare to the Voice Over Resume on Brian's official website (under the "Credits" tab), which utilizes his full name. This includes The Seven Deadly Sins: Signs of Holy War - a credit that appears to have been added here by Brian himself.

Last edited by 4kidsidentifier on Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hpilbog31

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:14 am Reply with quote
Akari RANZAKI Correct reading
Akari AIZAKI Wrong reading

source: http://happydowntown.blog.fc2.com/

>こんにちは、藍崎 灯(ranzaki akari)と申します。
>アニメーターであり、アニメーションやイラストを描いています。
skemono

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Erica Friedman (person#83139) <= correct
Erica Friedmann (person#190313) <= incorrect

Friedmann with two 'n's has one credit, The Rose of Versailles, but the credits page of the manga spells the name with one 'n'. There was just a typo entering it into the encyclopedia.
mrsatan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:47 am Reply with quote
Rie Nakagome person#1740 CORRECT
Toshie Nakagome person#6961 INCORRECT

AniDB claims that her first name is romanized as the latter (source), but Wikipedia, Sakuga@Wiki, and Kinenote all claim that it is romanized as the former (source 1 source 2 source 3). By majority rule, it should be "Rie", not "Toshie".
JRPictures

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:06 am Reply with quote
Briana Villarreal person#173650 CORRECT
Briana Villareal person#188039 INCORRECT
Brianna Villarreal person#178382 INCORRECT

Different spellings of her name in various credits is what led to this. Her LinkedIn account confirms the correct spelling: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brianacvillarreal
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:58 am Reply with quote
I'm getting a feeling these two may be the same person.
person#6064
person#22198

Same goes for this person.
person#173055
person#140756

Same here as well.
person#31965
person#10298

This seems to be an alias for Monica Rial. Now I know what the heck was up with this (unfortunately that AnimeOnDVD link for their source doesn't work anymore, not even with the Internet Archive).
person#64545
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 114 of 144