• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Any fans here of Urotskidoji?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Overfiend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:17 am Reply with quote
Hi people *waves*

I'm new here.

I wondered if this place had any hardcore fans of the Urotsukidoji series or Adventure Kid/Duo film..

I know these are both hentai but the Urotsukidoji series has a good interesting plot to back it up... Surprised

Also, anyone know where you can find good, detailed reviews of hentai anime or good picture galleries..

Thanks for your time

[topic adjusted to match content -b]
kamiboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I wondered if this place had any hardcore fans of the Urotsukidoji series or Adventure Kid/Duo film..

Here! Love me some Urotsukidoji, although I've yet to buy and watch the last two discs:

Urotsukidoji lll: The Return Of The Overfiend
Urotsukidoji lV: Infernal Road

I haven't bought them because they are censored and censoring of any type gets on my nerves big time. Hoping that an uncensored digitally remastered version will be released sometime in the future, even though it seems largely unlikely.
Legato 2057

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:23 pm Reply with quote
*Raises hand*

Right here!
nevermind

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:19 pm Reply with quote
I haven't yet seen Urotsukidoji........but for hentai reviews, try this link http://www.animetric.com/hindex.html
Daimonwrath

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:53 am Reply with quote
Im always one for the twisted tellings of worlds. Especially in anime. So I shall raise my hand.

Laughing

D.W.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
mahoro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:03 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed the first series, I thought it was fairly imaginative.
Freddy C

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:47 pm Reply with quote
yep count me in. i didn't really like the story as such but it was the first hentai I've ever seen so i have to love it. and its THE only DVD i own (apart from DVD+/-Rs).

btw http://www.animetric.com/hindex.html is good, but I've searched the web a long time for a very good Hentai review site but cant find one. i mean the site above has A LOT of gaps in the hentais it has, there's at least 50 odd id say. so hmm anyone has a better review site.

as for galleries, theres a lot of them around, quite easy to find, i personally dont bother with them, just d/l the hentais instead.
^ . ^

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:12 am Reply with quote
I really liked the first movie I saw. I really seen it as a love story as much as anything else. I thought the second movie was ok, but I believe what I seen was edited, so I don't know how much of it I missed.

I think the new series is pretty crappy though.
Dead Hippie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Well, joining this discussion now, might be a waste of time, since I'm about 5 years too late, but I figured I should use this chance to mention that I am a fan of the Overfiend series. I only saw the first movie (Legend of the Overfiend), albeit the censored version (the 108-minute version), but I thought it was awesome. I enjoyed the storyline, the action, basically I enjoyed the animation overall. I trying to find the rest of the series (I hope they are just as good).
Bitter Almonds

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:36 am Reply with quote
Urotsukidoji is the Citizen Kane of tentacle rape films hahah Twisted Evil The first two edited movies were great (as were the five oavs they were edited from). The latter stuff has its moments, but pretty much failed to reach the quality of the early junk (and the dubbing was really, really bad); I also read parts III and IV were not only censored, but edited by CPM, so I cannot recommend them to anyone. The production values of the first five oavs weren't bad at all and they're the kind of films that can transcend the medium and be placed right along classic horror and gore movies. Keep in mind, though, I don't think anyone would feel comfortable showing these to kids (and even teens), although I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't say I saw them when I was a teenager Twisted Evil
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1