• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds White Album Romance Game's TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xanas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I think with a small vocal crowd of freaks you are probably correct, but no I don't think as a whole fans are like that.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps, though if you recall from the first season that spoiler[Rina lost a ton of popularity just after she was seen buying cigarattes (which were for Yayoi)]. The point being that the fans hold idols to an absurdly high level of morality and any breach of that moral code will result in that idol losing popularity.

As another case, at the AKB48 panel when somebody asked the whole group of girls if any of them had boyfriends, they all said no.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Crossfire between real world and anime world detected.
I'd like to remember you guys that not every anime, even the slice-of-life genre, would follow the real world's events.
It's clear, whatever they do inside White Album at this point won't have anything to do with the real world.
Quelamune

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:38 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Xanas wrote:
If people like her are they suddenly going to dislike her singing because she has a boyfriend? I somehow doubt any good fans would, though she might lose a few weirdos. .

=\

These are the people who were freaking infuriated when they learned that a fictional character (Nagi from Kannagi) possibly had a past boyfriend. I don't claim to know the industry all that well, but I assume that an idol having a boyfriend is entertainment suicide.

Thats entirely true. As well as the fact that her being in a relationship that has substance (he's in her life, spending time with her, etc) can lead to emotional problems that can cause issues with her career on a performance level (can't concentrate from arguements/fights, etc). While she's an idol, she's still seems pretty new to it all, and abit flakey when it comes to her emotions.
Ausdoerrt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:39 am Reply with quote
Oh great. CR now got even to the series I love. Instead of quality video and well-done fansubs, I will now have slow-loading, lagging low-res video with crappy translation.

I f'ing hate CR.

Also, Megiddo, stop lurking ANN and come back to FTV Laughing

Last edited by Ausdoerrt on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Daimao Raki wrote:
CR is quickly becoming the go to place for streaming anime.

I believe that was the plan. They've got the backing to do it now too. Shame I still can't really stand streaming anime. It just still seems like a lame way to enjoy a show. Video snippets are one thing, but it just doesn't seem appropriate for actual entertainment. Sure, I get the appeal of it, and at least it's legit instead of the underhanded crap they were before, but the quality just isn't up to snuff (Hulu's worse on my PC, better video quality, but usually only the ads play). Confused Another "wait for the DVD" title, assuming that happens...

It's a good series, though I wish they hadn't done the season break.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Renaisance Otaku, I too wish they didn't do the season break. However, a lot of good 12-14 episode anime will take hiatuses that last way too long. Excluding Queen's Blade 2. Sacred Blacksmith, Winter Sonata, and Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, I am thankful that CrunchyRoll got all the debuting fall anime I either am watching or will watch. Looks like Funimation has competition in the licensing spree department.
Ausdoerrt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, it's good and all that CR is "legit", but what's the point of paying money for a licensed product that's WORSE than the "pirated" version (fansub)?? (And don't even talk about the "free" CR, because the video quality there is an insult to the effort put by the people making the animation).

Plus, by crowding out most sub groups, CR stands in the way of the animes it licenses gaining popularity outside of the short list of countries where it's available.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad that they announced on their site that the episodes will start tomorrow. Also, 11eyes finally starts tomorrow on their site.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2