• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - A Manry Competition

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:39 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
So I should give up hope for getting a re-release of Cardcaptor Sakura? Ahhhh, knew I probably should anyway but it feels so sad to completely give up hope on that show.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Crying or Very sad

On a separate note from the pod cast, I'd just like to personally thank Justin for sharing the story of Hideaki Anno responding to dipsh*ts at AX. It made me laugh so hard it felt like my insides wanted to be on my outsides a little bit. Anime hyper
_Earthwyrm_

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quote
This is fast becoming my favourite feature on ANN. Keep up the good work, guys.
You're getting the balance between amusing content and even more amusing content just right.

As far as the lack of interest in seiyuu/idol interviews goes, I've got to admit that I'm one of those people who just flat out aren't interested. Generally speaking, I've just browsed past them, knowing full well that there really will be no real opinions being extracted from the seiyuu/idol in question because, from my understanding, that's like trying to get blood from a stone - A stone which has been trained to bleed as discreetly as possible.
I think that most everyone is aware of this. So, I'm not all that surprised really that these interviews don't make all that popular features. It isn't as though idols tend to have a pervasive effect on much of the industry, so they're not really going to attract general interest - only when a person has a particular interest in that idol, or if they're a hot-topic at the time (How'd the Hirano/Goto/Chihara interview go last year? Double-whammy, since that was a video interview too, if I remember right).

I did read the Yui Makino interview though, because I loved her as Misaki in Welcome to the NHK; also because she's cute. Very Happy
I guess that constitutes my particular interest in that interview.

Interviews with VAs from over here seem a lot more interesting, since they have things to say and, more importantly, are allowed to say them. Bosch and Sheh on the ANNCast were a lot of fun.

I'd be interested to know what sort of reaction you've been getting to the Yoshiyuki Tomino interview, compared to the idol interviews. Now that interview was interesting.
Nebs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for bringing up the question of Vice doing that hentai gallery, Zac. I too wondered WTF when that showed up. I like hentai as much as the next male anime fan, but there are certain places for those kinds of things & anime news sites that strive for journalistic integrity shouldn't be one of them. Gia admitted herself that young viewers visit the site, & that swearing is a bit of a concern. & yet somehow it's okay to hide pages of explicit images underneath a mere spoiler tag. Her defense of "no insertion"- as if that makes everything okay- was pretty bad. Personally I'm glad a lot of Vice users (myself include) made a stink about that, otherwise they might have felt free to pull a stunt like that much more often.

Other than that though, Gia was great & I've been enjoying following her since her animeOnline days. Another great podcast ep.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
gwern

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:16 am Reply with quote
I feel a little sheepish - perhaps I simply dozed off for a little while - but I completely missed Justin's anecdote about Hideaki Anno at AX. (Not in the table of contents either.) Does anyone know at what time it begins in the MP3?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3