• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tokyo Anime Fair 2010 Blowout: Days One & Two

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Cosplaybunny wrote:
Holy crap! I hope they didn't drop the project. I'd love to see a re-make of the series. It would definitely increase the chances of seeing Rose of Versailles in the states.

A fan can only dream so much. Rose of Versailles is one of my all time favorite anime ever and the fact that I can't own a licensed copy of it annoys me to no end. I stumbled across it by accident, started up the first episode out of random curiosity, and next thing I know I've marathoned over 40 episodes in 3 days. It completely blew my expectations for an anime television show over thirty years old, and what impressed me the most was it was about the French Revolution. I don't care if the only thing I can ever buy here is a short, condensed rehash of a movie remake, I'm a fan that would be happy for anything.

I'd be in La La Land for weeks if a positive announcement was made for the new movie. For me it's like being the biggest Eva fan a few years back and hearing the announcement of Evangelion 1.11. I don't care if the movie is nothing but randomly animated scenes that make no sense to plot. For a straight hour and a half I'd be happily staring at the eye candy that is Rose of Versailles, moving with modern animation.
CareyGrant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:38 am Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
Cosplaybunny wrote:
Holy crap! I hope they didn't drop the project. I'd love to see a re-make of the series. It would definitely increase the chances of seeing Rose of Versailles in the states.

A fan can only dream so much. Rose of Versailles is one of my all time favorite anime ever and the fact that I can't own a licensed copy of it annoys me to no end. I stumbled across it by accident, started up the first episode out of random curiosity, and next thing I know I've marathoned over 40 episodes in 3 days. It completely blew my expectations for an anime television show over thirty years old, and what impressed me the most was it was about the French Revolution. I don't care if the only thing I can ever buy here is a short, condensed rehash of a movie remake, I'm a fan that would be happy for anything.

Can someone explain how it is that Rose got a French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian AND Arabic, but not English Dub/Release? I mean... Arabic?! But no English?

Gonzo. I'm beyond honked by the hard-luck these fine people have fallen on considering the GEMS of animation they produced! The Count of Monte Christo? Last Exile?

Enjoy -choke on- your Moe, Japan.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:21 am Reply with quote
At the NHK booth, what is that anime with the 2 boys and 1 girl in the blue and white space-looking suits?

I liked the booby mousepads, the "Sendou" one is dangerously cute though (2nd from bottom).
toru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:08 am Reply with quote
According to EVA-EXTRA06 distributed at Anime Fair,
run-time of Eva 2.22 is 111min 49sec. Eva 2.0 is 108 min.
http://eva2.0.b-ch.com/blog/2_0/

ASCII MEDIA WORKS release Tokyo Kawaii Magazine on iPhone.
http://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/tokyo-kawaii-magazine/id363102112

Tokyo Kawaii Magazine Lite
http://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/tokyo-kawaii-magazine-lite/id363103043
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:02 am Reply with quote
41 seconds into the Good Smile Company video shows what appears to be two figures of Haruhi. One of them has long hair.

In looking at the placards behind them, I can make out the Katakana "Haruhi", but can't read the Kanji.

I looked at GSC's website, but these aren't showing up anywhere.

Are these prototypes or specially designed figures for display only?

Because I want that long-haired Haruhi.

Also, why no commentary on the video?

Enjoy your trip! Don't forget our souvenirs! Wink
bayoab

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:37 am Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:
41 seconds into the Good Smile Company video shows what appears to be two figures of Haruhi. One of them has long hair.

In looking at the placards behind them, I can make out the Katakana "Haruhi", but can't read the Kanji.

spoiler[Young Haruhi from BLR] and spoiler[Alt Haruhi from disappearance.]

Quote:

I believe prototypes, since the sign below is 撮影禁止・監修中. (No pictures, in editing.)

Last edited by bayoab on Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Reaper gI

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:39 am Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:

Because I want that long-haired Haruhi.

Also, why no commentary on the video?

Enjoy your trip! Don't forget our souvenirs! Wink

They'll be prototype, notice how some of the figures are still in unpainted resin.

I think they only list them when they have fairly definate release dates. GSC doesn't list things like the 3rd set of Bakemonogatari petit nendos but we have pictures already.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:57 am Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
I believe prototypes, since the sign below is 撮影禁止・監修中. (No pictures, in editing.)

Thank you for the information. I laughed at the irony of the sign, given how I discovered them via a video.
Razz

Let's hope they go from prototype to production. Now, if only GSC would make it 1/4 scale.
(1/1 scale would be costly to ship)
Very Happy

Reaper gI wrote:
notice how some of the figures are still in unpainted resin.

Some figures are deliberately sold this way to allow collectors to paint them as they'd like.

I just noticed the Haruhi figures were painted, which is very surprising they don't have them on their website at this stage.
Reaper gI

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:35 am Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:

Reaper gI wrote:
notice how some of the figures are still in unpainted resin.

Some figures are deliberately sold this way to allow collectors to paint them as they'd like.

I just noticed the Haruhi figures were painted, which is very surprising they don't have them on their website at this stage.

I've never seen a figma or nendo as a resin kit, those be prototypes.
Look at the things from Wonder Festival for the resin kits. Resin is for very serious hobbyists (it can be hard to handel), TAF is a mainstream tradeshow not one for hobbyists.

There's plenty of figures by them we have full colour pics of that aren't on their website yet, like the anime version BRS figures. As said I assume they only put them up when they have some form of release date. As this is the first or second preview for most of those figures that could be a little while.
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:19 pm Reply with quote
AAHH, I can't wait for bakuman's anime! I really wished for a trailer from the anime fair, but the display was neat.

Also, that plush of the kurotsuchi doll Szayel Apporo made is adoreable! <3
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:40 pm Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:

These were shown at Wonderfest back in February. Middle School Haruhi, Haruhi in a different high school uniform (I'm guessing from Disappearance, not sure what happens there) and an a adult Asahina. They're expected to be normal retail releases.

Good Smile/Max Factory typically don't put these on the website until they're about to be solicited (BRS didn't go on the site until Thursday when preorders began). You'll have a better chance of finding new stuff on the official figma Blog, but they don't have a full gallery from TAF yet. We'll probably see some good pictures at theAmiAmi Blog tonight or tomorrow.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LaFreccia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:47 pm Reply with quote
The artwork for Occult Academy looks pretty good (shown on Aniplex video, about 3:30).
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Am I losing my mind or are there two perfectly life-like Capybara figures in the Good Smile display alongside all the usual nendoroids and sexy statues.
rowsdower

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, when I first read the Media Factory segment, I saw "Legend of the Legendary Heroes" as "Legend of the Galactic Heroes". Bitter, crushing disappointment ensued once I read it correctly.

Somebody should notify the Department of Redundancy Department about that name.
machetecat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:21 pm Reply with quote
...I really, REALLY want those cardboard cutouts of Shinichi and Co. in Kaito KID outfits...

I was also disappointed that there doesn't seem to be much more merch for Durarara other than CDs and DVDs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4