• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2010

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Well, pretty much what I expected from Viz: absolutely nothing I really care about, except maybe the bit about Kekkaishi ratings. In fact, LOWER than I expected because I was hoping for an official announcement (not just a voice actress leak) of a dub for InuYasha: The Final Act, and confirmation that it would air on [adult swim]. No such luck. Maybe Otakon...

FUNimation, on the other hand, pretty much hit it OUT OF THE PARK!!! Hellsing Ultimate 5-7 AND Black Lagoon: Roberta's Trail AND Trigun: Badlands rumble--all coming in 2011--and ALL ENGLISH DUBBED!!! Smile Plus nice extras like Sengoku Basara 2 subtitled streaming just to sweeten the deal.

Nice surprise from Aniplex of America, as the fledgling company will release its first dub: Durarara!! I don't understand why they couldn't try to do this for the Gurren Lagann movies though.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:13 am Reply with quote
This has been a pretty great con thus far. The only complaint I have is how they handled the Yui Horie autograph session. It seemed that those of us who followed the rules that the staffers laid down were the ones who were punished. It's not the fact that I didn't get one that bothers me, these things happen and if you've been to enough autograph sessions you get used to not getting one. What bothers me is the staff allowed people to stand in a big blob and ignore their orders. When people are told to disperse, they better damn well disperse or else the staff should have started yanking badges and kicking them out. If they were worried about a riot, call in convention center security. That's what they're there for.

Anyways, that's my sole complaint with the con this year, and it was something that was completely expected so I can't get too worked up over it. At least I got Yuu Asakawa's autograph.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3