• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Section23 Adds Canaan, Kimikiss Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverPhantom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Canaan is a must purchase for me, have had my eye on it for a long time so I can't wait for this.

I might have to pick up the new Tears to Tiara collection still on the fence a about it though.
belindabird
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:52 pm Reply with quote
The plot of Canaan was something of a train wreck by the end, but I'll be darned if the animation wasn't great all the way through. Definitely worth the purchase to watch in HD.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:25 pm Reply with quote
belindabird wrote:
The plot of Canaan was something of a train wreck by the end, but I'll be darned if the animation wasn't great all the way through. Definitely worth the purchase to watch in HD.

Yeah, I pretty much have no idea what the show was about by the middle, but I kept watching because I like Type-Moon designs, and it looked pretty. Some kind of wacko bio terrorism or something? Who cares, hot chicks, guns, boobs!
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm amazed how many of you are excited about CANAAN, mostly because of the negativity in the discussion board about it. Personally the show didn't do it for me, but I'm glad people are getting something they want.
Kyaa the Catlord

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:04 pm Reply with quote
CANAAN was awesome. I'll pick this up.

Kimikiss... not so excited.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Lolz, I involuntarily let out a triumphant yell+fist pump in the air upon reading that Canaan got liscensed. I'm with everyone else who said that the series lost steam near the middle-end, but I still enjoyed it. I'll definitely be getting it.

It's a damn shame I don't a have a Blu-Ray player, though--with animation that amazing, I would've loved to see it in HD. Some day, I guess. Confused
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I have to agree with the comments about Section23 getting their stuff out waayyyy faster than Funimation. Glad to see Canaan getting a dub right out of the gate. I'll definitely be getting that and Tears to Tiara on BD.
Kyaa the Catlord

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:16 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Tears to Tiara on BD.

Why do they announce this RIGHT AFTER I bought it on dvd? *gnashes teeth*
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quote
YESSSSS!!!! Canaan! Hooray! Very excited, I didn't think this would be picked up ever, especially not by S23.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
When I first saw the headline, my eyes misread Kimikiss as Kimi ni Todoke and I just about shat brix. I saw the fansub of Kimikiss and it's got its moments but it's sloooooooooooow. Eh, I can see myself buying it at some point because it'll be dubbed. I know nothing about Canaan.

hate to rain on your parade, but only canaan will be getting the dub, kimikiss is subtitle only
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Kyaa the Catlord wrote:
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Tears to Tiara on BD.

Why do they announce this RIGHT AFTER I bought it on dvd? *gnashes teeth*

If you bought the subtitled-only half-season sets I'm willing to bet that Sentai will have an upgrade program where you can exchange your sets for not only a blu-ray upgrade but also with an added dub. Wink
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:56 pm Reply with quote
mudduck454 wrote:
Blood- wrote:
When I first saw the headline, my eyes misread Kimikiss as Kimi ni Todoke and I just about shat brix. I saw the fansub of Kimikiss and it's got its moments but it's sloooooooooooow. Eh, I can see myself buying it at some point because it'll be dubbed. I know nothing about Canaan.

hate to rain on your parade, but only canaan will be getting the dub, kimikiss is subtitle only

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. I am not a "no dub, no sale" person, but it's true that I become a little more selective if a title is sub-only. Considering that Kimikiss didn't rock my world, a sub-only purchase probably ain't in the cards.
bayoab

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:57 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
What I really love about Section 23, is that they announce a series, and then they release it only 3 months later. Unlike....well, everyone else in the industry. (Funi...how long ago did you license Oh Edo Rocket???)

FUNi announces series as soon as the ink dries. S23 announces series when they are ready to solicit to retailers. The difference being, if something like Oh Edo Rocket happened to S23, you wouldn't ever hear about it and just wait forever to even find out they had the series.

Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
I am still irritated that they didn't dub Gintama though. I realize the cost of money that is involved, but whatever.
Might want to hope at this point that they released everything that they licensed.
tidusora

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Nice! Canaan is licensed. I watched a little bit of it. Really confusing plot, but I haven't gotten around to finishing it.

S23 a.k.a. ADV Films really gets down to business with licensing. Haha. It may look expensive now...but TheRightStuf and Best Buy will have it wayyy cheaper. Very Happy
crewcheif01

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Canaan and KimiKiss!! About damn time. NOW!! Someone give me my Ga-Rei-Zero, Kara no Kyoukai and Nodame Cantabile 1-2,and 3 and ill go away happy. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6