• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What habits have you picked up from manga?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
svinya

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:54 pm Reply with quote
i read american comics backwards now and i adjust my glasses with my index and middle finger. never used to do that.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:22 am Reply with quote
When I was working as a waitress, I was told that I was very polite. I blame reading Maid-Sama...
Wiesteria

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:45 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
When I was working as a waitress, I was told that I was very polite. I blame reading Maid-Sama...

As long as you don't start doing the "Welcome home master!" greeting. Laughing
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Instead of shaking a girls hand, I grope them.

That damn Fukuyama is a bad influence.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ninjazombie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:25 pm Reply with quote
I do have a habit opening western style books backwards now. I also started saying itadakimas before i eat now.
Tamaria

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:07 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:

It's not all that rare, actually. I've noticed that young, female manga readers (let's say age 10-13) tend to be extremely polite. I've seen a few that nearly reached Tohru Honda-levels of politeness at Dutch animeconventions. It's adorable.
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:11 am Reply with quote
Tamaria wrote:
st_owly wrote:

It's not all that rare, actually. I've noticed that young, female manga readers (let's say age 10-13) tend to be extremely polite. I've seen a few that nearly reached Tohru Honda-levels of politeness at Dutch animeconventions. It's adorable.

That's kinda sweet. At least they're learning manners. However, I am a university student Embarassed
bapplef

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:05 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
Tamaria wrote:
st_owly wrote:

That's kinda sweet. At least they're learning manners. However, I am a university student Embarassed

That is really sweet, and much better than

The King of Harts wrote:
Instead of shaking a girls hand, I grope them.

That damn Fukuyama is a bad influence.
Tamaria

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:59 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
Tamaria wrote:
st_owly wrote:

There is nothing wrong with having good manners when dealing with customers. It's part of providing good service Smile
hidansama92

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:06 am Reply with quote
I was reading some Inuyasha the other day and for some reason it was read left to right so I spend the entire first chapter confused on what anyone was saying. Thankfully it was reversed later on.

As for acting like characters, I act very much like my favorite Anime/Manga character Hidan from Naruto. I refer to myself as Hidan-sama most of the time and use his lines all the time, just to annoy people. Now to preach the way of Jashin-sama on these infidels... Twisted Evil
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:09 pm Reply with quote
I love crack theories and anything can make me think of one. I've started having crack theories about everything, even outside of anime/manga. For example, every time I see a crime show (even the real ones) I always think that the cop did it. xD
HattoriHaze

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Two major things come to mind:

One, I finally figured out why my friends keep calling me an Otaku.
..... *hangs head* aaaaand it's true. (Can you tell I'm none too swift on some things?)

Two, I pay attention to my hands. I'm not sure why this is, but something in my subconscious clicks with how hands are shaped and positioned to imply dynamism in manga, and how these movements translate to anime. Now I've started to notice how my hands move and are positioned, and expand it outward to observe other people. It's become something of a fascination.

Finally, I've (probably inappropriately) developed the use of certain lingo. This has been true for a while. Granted, I already say strange things, so my friends just kind of shrug it off, but I do get weird looks whenever I stop somewhere and randomly say "this is so... moe...!"

Sue me. It was freakin' moe.

*shuffles off*
DarkYugi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Adjusting my glasses with my middle finger is a big one.
Lupin7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:54 pm Reply with quote
I can no longer sit with my knees up because of L Anime hyper I don't hunch over and wiggle my toes but it still feels strange after reading deathnote :/

In spanish they mentioned churros and I burst out with "Italy you want some churros no?" Thank god only the people closest heard cause no one would have had any clue what I was on about Razz I do love Hetalia though <3

I read books backwards O.o
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:28 am Reply with quote
I'm much more open-minded about unconventional names - at least in regards ton fictional characters. Particularly gender-blender and "insert word here and we'll call it a name" nomenclatures such as Claire (Baccano!) or Eyes (Spiral: The Bonds of Reasoning).

I also think after such extended exposure to manga and OELs I've come to value paperback books even more than I used to, and want to preserve those I have while still enjoying them to the fullest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3