• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Severing Crime Edge (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Ep 8

Well that wasn't the best episode. I felt the spoiler[fight was way too long and they didn't even finish it. The constant change of the texture got a little annoying ]. Even though it ended in a cliffhanger, spoiler[we all know he is not dead. Also it seems like the judge guy got shot after the ending song.]
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Kind of a classic case of a show failing to understand its strengths. Tip: drawn-out, repetitive battles aren't one of them.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Whoa....that was intense. o_o

I don't have a lot to say except....Seigi reminded me of the Chesire Cat this time. Anime hyper

Yes, the fight went on a bit too long. Also, lol animu colors. It never sank in for me that Iwai's hair is supposed to be black.

BECAUSE IT LOOKS SO GREEN.

I think that is a tasteful choice of the animators though. Black hair is normally colored purplish or blueish. The green is more unique AND GREEN IS UNDERRATED.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:17 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Yeah the fight did go on quite long, but I found it good for showing the spoiler[book guy], even if it makes a pretty poor fight.

Am I the only one that found the spoiler[demon horns on Iwai] to be really hot? That is probably my own fetish though.... don't judge me! Again fetish amount was small, but I will place it as that thing where spoiler[a group of people watch someone die].

By the end it looks like spoiler[book guy was shot by blonde girl, probably using her killing goods.]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one who was dying for Kiri to cut that wild hair hanging down the judge's face? It was so annoying, it seemed like it was being flagged as the key to his defeat, like Samson or something.

Haven't wanted to take scissors to a lonely strand of hair that bad since Dr. Tenma.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:58 pm Reply with quote
so much for it not being a trap. Iwai's spoiler[costume] got me thinking. For a show with a large focus on hair, it's extremely unfortunate that Iwai lacks hair accessories
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Just thinking, but maybe all hair accessories slide off of her hair at pretty high rates.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:46 am Reply with quote
As soon as I saw Seigi I knew that he would attack Kiri. If I was Kiri I would have immediately sliced the dude's wrist before he could open his book, thereby causing him to bleed out in two agonising (for him) minutes. The fight would have been over before it had begun, and there would be one less scumbag in the world. Unfortunately, Kiri is lacking in the brains department and his killer instinct is that of a dodo.

I was wondering what the heck the sisters were going to do. I know they aren't exactly Kiri's allies, but I thought it strange that they were just going to stand there and watch him die.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quote
That episode blew. It had very little humour and not only did the fight go on too long, it was a dull fight to boot. I lost count of how many boring reaction shots were stuffed in there to desperately stretch this into a full-length episode. Boo. Hopefully a return to form next time.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:50 pm Reply with quote
So bad even the Crunchyroll page is full of complaints.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:28 am Reply with quote
So weird how a show can have seven pretty good eppies and then just suddenly shit the bed like this.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I thought he moved the scissors towards the rope, but I don't recall him trying to cut it. I enjoyed the neck snapping sound and him dangling...several times. How many times can a person be killed but not really?
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:25 pm Reply with quote
They are so cute, spoiler["I'll be waiting for the kiss on my lips, so at least don't die before then!"]
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9
All dem feels this episode...

Ya, that woman with the blonde hair sure has some dangerous abilities up her sleeve. Anywaysss, awkward episode. spoiler[So Kiri kun can lick her but not kiss directly yet Question ] Weird episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rhyono

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
spoiler[So Kiri kun can lick her but not kiss directly yet Question ] Weird episode.

Calling it now: spoiler[sex before kissing.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 19